Here's what I know take it for what's it worth | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Here's what I know take it for what's it worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
How do you get that delay of game after Maryland failed to convert. We get that at least once a game.

These guys are in utter disarray. They also negate the benefit of the no huddle taking forever to snap the ball.

This probably indicates conflicting instructs from the coaches. It takes so long for a play to come out because PP/GDL are overriding plays. If last year we didn't have these problems and suddenly when OC Weist came along they started that'd be one thing... but this is the third year of issues like this.

Reaction Score
Paul P will be fired after Michigan game...PP was also over riding offensive play calls versus Townson. Considering the change of play calling after the first drive Im sure it happened again

Right after GDL was demoted’ to line coach and Weist was hired as OC last off-season, a close friend of mine who lived through the PP & GDL show up in Syracuse warned me that no way would PP allow someone to take his friend’s (GDL) job. If PP is overriding Weist, I hope that this is grounds for PP’s dismissal as it would be a slap in the face to Warde, who seemed to be trying to find a compromise to what were clearly identified coaching issues.

Reaction Score
The buyout payment decreases over the life of his contract...they will only owe him $750,000 if he is fired before 1/1/2014..after that it drops to $600,000...after 1/1/2015 it is only $400,000

If thats the full buyout payment and not the yearly for the term of the contract then its significantly less than 500k difference to wait till Jan 1. In either case the cost would seem to be less than the cost of doing nothing.

Who's going to Vernon?

Reaction Score
The fact that people close to HS football have inside knowledge does not fill me with hope.

I may have a few missing brain cells (likely more after I drink the pain away Saturday night); but, wasn’t one of the key reasons that PP was hired was because of his CT HS connections as he was once a CT HS coach?
I can easily see that UConn’s on-field ‘performance’ is impacting UConn’s perception amount CT HS coaches and, in turn, UConn’s ability to recruit in-state. Word of that such a loss of support would quickly spread.

Reaction Score
Two of our back up QBs are from CT High Schools and wear headsets.

Just saying.

One even has a father who is a HS coach.

I pray there are some legs to this rumor. Naming Weist the head coach would at least make the rest of the season interesting, right now it is a death march.

C'mon Warde, Do it, Do it. Give Weist the Ollie tryout, it worked last year. Do it.

The fans have your back. Do it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I pray there are some legs to this rumor. Naming Weist the head coach would at least make the rest of the season interesting, right now it is a death march.

C'mon Warde, Do it, Do it. Give Weist the Ollie tryout, it worked last year. Do it.

I like the "do it," goading. It gives it the "no we are serious" message that can be lost on a fan forum.

We mean it Warde, you'll be a hero to many for the next 12 months. Can't beat that.

Reaction Score

I agree. "Do it" Warde. Do it dammit. Do something. Now is the third best time to make a change (first best was the off season, second best was after the first game). Continue to dither and it will only make you look indecisive and therefore incompetent. The good news (if there is such a thing) is that high expectations won't accompany a change now. People know Knute Rockne ain't coming through that door in the middle of September. People know when the patient is hemorrhaging, step one is to stop the bleeding. Well, we're bleeding out over here. So do it. Do something. It only has to be the best thing you can think of at the moment. You don't have to offer a 5-year contract. You can do that beginning in December, after you've told Pres. Herbst she needs to double the budget for coaching salaries.

There may be no good answers today but there is clearly a bad one, and that is to continue the Pasqualoni mistake. Seriously, man, act like a department head, not some upperclassman on a workship. Do it. Do your job.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
KJK? Is the OP Ken J. Krayeske?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I agree. "Do it" Warde. Do it dammit. Do something. Now is the third best time to make a change (first best was the off season, second best was after the first game). Continue to dither and it will only make you look indecisive and therefore incompetent. The good news (if there is such a thing) is that high expectations won't accompany a change now. People know Knute Rockne ain't coming through that door in the middle of September. People know when the patient is hemorrhaging, step one is to stop the bleeding. Well, we're bleeding out over here. So do it. Do something. It only has to be the best thing you can think of at the moment. You don't have to offer a 5-year contract. You can do that beginning in December, after you've told Pres. Herbst she needs to double the budget for coaching salaries.

There may be no good answers today but there is clearly a bad one, and that is to continue the Pasqualoni mistake. Seriously, man, act like a department head, not some upperclassman on a workship. Do it. Do your job.

I think he will. Somehow this "after Michigan" concept feels like it could be real. 0-3 at home to open the seaon, no league games played yet. They have to make a change and let TJ, or the guy who cuts the grass, or any random fan be the interim coach. It's clear that PP has lost the team, assuming he ever had them. If Weist turns it around at all, then you've got your new young coach. If not, then it's a full-on rebuild.

Reaction Score
KJK? Is the OP Ken J. Krayeske?
Possibly, but I doubt it. If the numbers attached to OPs handle are a DOB, he's too young to be Krayeske. I'd also expect a little better grammar from a graduate of UConn Law.

Reaction Score
I think he will. Somehow this "after Michigan" concept feels like it could be real. 0-3 at home to open the seaon, no league games played yet. They have to make a change and let TJ, or the guy who cuts the grass, or any random fan be the interim coach. It's clear that PP has lost the team, assuming he ever had them. If Weist turns it around at all, then you've got your new young coach. If not, then it's a full-on rebuild.

Agree, Hawk. I don't know if PP has "lost" the team or not, and frankly I don't care. What I know is we need a coach that can win and he's not that.

Reaction Score
Seems pretty unlikely to me, I have to say. If you look at the rest of the schedule, assuming they get clocked by Michigan, Buffalo becomes a must win to have any even vague hope of saving the season. Here's a best case scenario the rest of the way I think
Michigan-L
@ BuffaloW?
USF-W
@Cincinatti-L
@ Central Florida-L
Louisville-L
@SMU-W
@Temple-W
Rutgers-W
Memphis-W
And I really don't expect us to even come close to this. But you can't put the Buffalo game in jeopardy by changing coaches the week before. If you wait until the week after, and we lose, its over anyway. I guess you could replace him then, but I think at that point the season is gone anyway. If we win, he isn't getting fired after a win, especially with another winnable game coming up.

Reaction Score
I watched a fair amount of the Buffalo/OSU game..they are goung to give us a hard time with the way we are playing right now.

Reaction Score
I watched a fair amount of the Buffalo/OSU game..they are goung to give us a hard time with the way we are playing right now.
that's why I say its a critical game. We lose it and we could be on the road to 1-10, maybe worse.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if it makes sense to fire a coach in the middle of a season in college, but if you were going to do it, you'd definitely wait until after the Michigan game. No sense in throwing an interim coach to the wolves so gleefully. At least give 'em a chance against Buffalo.

Reaction Score

It took 5 OT's for Buffalo to beat Stoney Brook, AT HOME. So if we struggle there or lose you are looking at a 1-11 season. Where the 1 win comes I do not know.

Reaction Score
art,
I think USF at home. Can't see any other ones if we lose the Buffalo game unless we get one of those WTF games that happens from time to time.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if it makes sense to fire a coach in the middle of a season in college, but if you were going to do it, you'd definitely wait until after the Michigan game. No sense in throwing an interim coach to the wolves so gleefully. At least give 'em a chance against Buffalo.

Best time to bring in a new guy would be where expectations are lowest, i.e., the Michigan game. New guy won't be expected to accomplish much, pressure will be lowest. Having him get those extra days to work with the team will improve his chances in a more winnable game, e.g., Buffalo. Under any circumstances, when you are clearly headed the wrong way, change direction immediately. Perhaps we'll continue to head in a wrong, albeit different, direction, but when given the choice between certain failure and almost certain failure, always choose almost certain failure.

Reaction Score
SMU will be favored at home and we will be coming off a tough 3 game stretch. 3rd game of 4 on the road.

Reaction Score
We have an off week after Buffalo. Tell P after Michigan he's a dead man walking to try for a last game spark, then gone after Buf no matter what. USF as a first game for Wiest seems reasonable and will bring new energy for homecoming weekend, plus USF is in horrid shape too.

DO IT!

Reaction Score
We have an off week after Buffalo. Tell P after Michigan he's a dead man walking to try for a last game spark, then gone after Buf no matter what. USF as a first game for Wiest seems reasonable and will bring new energy for homecoming weekend, plus USF is in horrid shape too.

DO IT!

Someone mentioned this earlier. If You fire P, we will be down 2 coaches. All good, but how does the staff make up the difference in practice.

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned this earlier. If You fire P, we will be down 2 coaches. All good, but how does the staff make up the difference in practice.
The scenario that works...for fans who want blood and what would be best for the team coaching staff wise is if WM fired GDL and Foley slid to OL..P worked with TE's (he coached that position in Dallas). That way we are only down 1 coach...if both P and GDL were to be let go mid-season that would hurt. Although if both get let go you could give Perkins all the dbacks move fogarty to TE were he coached at Fordham, amd Foley to OL.

Reaction Score

DO IT!

Good post except DO IT NOW! There is nothing, and I mean nothing, to be gained by holding on to Pasqualoni for one additional nanosecond. And why would you want to bring TJ into a situation that offers a false sense of security. An officer is killed on the battlefield you don't send his replacement back to HQ so some fluffer can have his manhood standing tall. You tell him he's in charge and to continue with the mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom