Here's what I know take it for what's it worth | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Here's what I know take it for what's it worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Fire him anyway for underachieving to date.

I don't see how PP stays beyond the bowl game even if we beat Michigan and have a 8 win season. I think we can all see that if that happens it will be because of the dedication of the players and the lucky bounce of the ball and not because of the head coach. The idiocy of PP and GDL on gameday is too obvious to ignore and will shine through even in wins, should we have any.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
No doubt in mind. These coaches have forgotten how to win football games. The Huskies are more than capable of being the second best team on the field in every game they play.

One major reality is that P & GDL were a horrible fit for this situation.

We were a team that needed to pay constant attention to detail and continually needed coaching up in order to play at the level we played the bowl seasons prior to P's arrival. The two of them had been in the NFL for a number of years and came in assuming that players were very far along in their development, could automatically understand many differing terminologies and didn't need to be drilled fundamentals during practice.

They also believed that players should come in at near NFL size. I remember during the first signing day, P stating something along the lines of being happy that he was able to bring in a number of players who had the size they wanted (we spent many years with LBs weighing ~ 215 lbs, P & GDL expected players to come in at near NFL size and reach NFL size by the time they hit the field). This attitude (I'll call it the eye test) led to a couple of significant contributors from the prior regime being pushed down the depth chart while some players who did have the bodies being promoted even if they could not perform as well as those who did not pass the eye test (the irony here is the manner in which we use our 165 lb RB).

We needed someone who could find hidden talent and develop it as well as RE did (but also find and develop QBs & WRs) but also ahve enough vision and imagination to take us a step or two further. We ended up with someone (more than one someone) who needed quite a bit of well developed talent, already in place in order to do anything.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Tonight topped it off how can u be in shotgun on first and then under center on 3rd and 5. I have to post what I know and for people that need sources it's multiple people close to HS football I also had posts taken down on the old site when I knew exactly what happened to wiggins (bbal) before it was out in the paper . Paul P will be fired after Michigan game TW and PP are oil and vinegar and WM is very aware. The locker room is divided and Weist was pissed after Towson and called a 45 to 14 loss tonight only because that's what PP would cause. PP was also over riding offensive play calls versus Townson. Considering the change of play calling after the first drive Im sure it happened again. The only bright spot about tonight is we are one week until a new coach.
I just want there to be some pomp and circumstance to it. Maybe a fireworks show at halftime - have the big finale be P and GDL climbing in to a rocket that get's shot out of Rentschler, while WM channels his inner Cee-Lo in a sparkling UCMB outfit and starts a kick line at the 50. That would be satisfying. Beggars can't be choosers though, I guess...

Reaction Score
P get the $1.6 million, goes on retirement and leaves us with flaming pile of crap. Wonderful.

Reaction Score
Someone suggested that WM have headphones on to make sure no one is changing plays called down by Wiest. I don't think that fly however.

Reaction Score
P get the $1.6 million, goes on retirement and leaves us with flaming pile of crap. Wonderful.

I thought it was$750,000 if fired in Dec and $6000,00 if fired Jan 1. Am I wrong?

Reaction Score
I thought it wa 750,000 if fired in Dec and $6000,00 if fired Jan 1. Am I wrong?

Not wrong...

"In the event that the University terminates the contract for any other reason than just cause as defined by the contract, the coach shall be entitled to continue to receive the following payment in full satisfaction of the university's obligation to the coach: January 14, 2011-December 31, 2011: $1,250,000, January 1, 2012-December 31, 2012: $1,000,000, January 1, 2013-December 31, 2013: $750,000, January 1, 2014-December 31, 2014: $600,000, January 1, 2015-December 31, 2015: $400,000"

Reaction Score
I can also tell you PP didn't make many players happy by pounding them to death during summer camp. Apparently part of the lethargic play vs Towson can be attributed to this. It was a boot camp like no other.

By the way, anyone notice EJ Norris wasn't in uniform last week and probably not tonight? Grades apparently...glad to see PP keeping that a secret.
Seriously? He should have rode them 2x as hard... maybe they'd be ready to play 60 minutes. Fat, dumb, and slow is no way to play football.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
In other words, the difference between say, November or early December this year and Jan 1 is $150k. I think we can swing that if PP doesn't magically turn into Nick Saban in the next 6 days.

Reaction Score
For the difference of $150,000 let him go by 12/1...then Warde needs to get to interviewing guys on his list!

Reaction Score
Possibly the worst $250K "saved" in history
In the event that the University terminates the contract for any other reason than just cause as defined by the contract, the Coach shall
be entitled to continue to receive the following payment in full satisfaction of the University’s obligation to the Coach.
January 14, 2011-December 31, 2011
$1,250,000
January 1, 2012-December 31, 2012
$1,000,000
January 1, 2013-December 31, 2013
$750,000
January 1, 2014-December 31, 2014
$600,000
January 1, 2015-August 1, 2015
$400,000

Reaction Score
Seriously? He should have rode them 2x as hard... maybe they'd be ready to play 60 minutes. Fat, dumb, and slow is no way to play football.

Apparently you're new to the game of college football. Oh wait..you played college ball right?

Reaction Score
If WM has specific criteria for PP's performance in order to keep his job and a timeline to produce it, I'm sure he's discussed it. If PP said anything to anyone, the secret is out. Anyone who's been on a team or in any tight-knit group knows how hard it is to keep a secret.

In the immortal words of Carlos Marcello, noted New Orleans Mafia Don,

"Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead."

Reaction Score
Tonight topped it off how can u be in shotgun on first and then under center on 3rd and 5. I have to post what I know and for people that need sources it's multiple people close to HS football I also had posts taken down on the old site when I knew exactly what happened to wiggins (bbal) before it was out in the paper . Paul P will be fired after Michigan game TW and PP are oil and vinegar and WM is very aware. The locker room is divided and Weist was pissed after Towson and called a 45 to 14 loss tonight only because that's what PP would cause. PP was also over riding offensive play calls versus Townson. Considering the change of play calling after the first drive Im sure it happened again. The only bright spot about tonight is we are one week until a new coach.

Yea - it is evident that there is discord in the locker room. Pasqualoni did not like being told to replace his Goombah and instead of canning him, moved him upstairs. That had to stick in Manuel's craw. I agree that barring a miracle vs. Big Blue, PP and his side kick should be gone after Michigan. We have to shake things up and show the world that UConn is not going to sink into oblivion without a fight. It is so critical now to get that message across.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Above all else, Manuel is going to be completely embarrassed about the product put on the field this Saturday. And it's going to be while he's wining and dining his UM buddies.

An impetus for change.

Reaction Score
Pretty safe to say that P sealed his own fate when he kept GDL around after lat season.

Reaction Score
Not wrong...

"In the event that the University terminates the contract for any other reason than just cause as defined by the contract, the coach shall be entitled to continue to receive the following payment in full satisfaction of the university's obligation to the coach: January 14, 2011-December 31, 2011: $1,250,000, January 1, 2012-December 31, 2012: $1,000,000, January 1, 2013-December 31, 2013: $750,000, January 1, 2014-December 31, 2014: $600,000, January 1, 2015-December 31, 2015: $400,000"

I read those as cumulative obligations -- a payment for each of the periods set out in the list. Note that it says "continue to receive" . . .

Reaction Score
The buyout payment decreases over the life of his contract...they will only owe him $750,000 if he is fired before 1/1/2014..after that it drops to $600,000...after 1/1/2015 it is only $400,000

Reaction Score
Pretty safe to say that P sealed his own fate when he kept GDL around after lat season.
I don't think it made a bit of difference. George Deleone, no George DeLeone. this team has way more problems that just George DeLeone. It is poorly coached on so many levels. Defense has zero sacks against Maryland and Towson State. how is that even possible? They had 2 tackles for a loss. Two! We could have picked 11 guys from the parking lot and probably gotten 2 tackles for loss. We had a guy run back a missed field goal from 8 yards deep. Huh? Who does that? The offensive line is a disgrace. No question about it. But this team's problems go so much deeper than just George De Leone it isn't funny. Poorly coached. Undisciplined. No sideline management. That all rests with the head coach.

Reaction Score
I read those as cumulative obligations -- a payment for each of the periods set out in the list. Note that it says "continue to receive" . . .

Being a five year contract - I can see your point. Be interesting to get UConn read on intent.

Reaction Score
I don't think it made a bit of difference. George Deleone, no George DeLeone. this team has way more problems that just George DeLeone. It is poorly coached on so many levels. Defense has zero sacks against Maryland and Towson State. how is that even possible? They had 2 tackles for a loss. Two! We could have picked 11 guys from the parking lot and probably gotten 2 tackles for loss. We had a guy run back a missed field goal from 8 yards deep. Huh? Who does that? The offensive line is a disgrace. No question about it. But this team's problems go so much deeper than just George De Leone it isn't funny. Poorly coached. Undisciplined. No sideline management. That all rests with the head coach.

How do you get that delay of game after Maryland failed to convert. We get that at least once a game.

These guys are in utter disarray. They also negate the benefit of the no huddle taking forever to snap the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom