Here's what I know take it for what's it worth | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Here's what I know take it for what's it worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Someone mentioned this earlier. If You fire P, we will be down 2 coaches. All good, but how does the staff make up the difference in practice.

If you promote from within, you bring in two new guys to help take up the slack. Whatever we do won't be a case study for ideal transitions. Removing P sends positive messages. It affixes blame where it properly belongs. It tells those remaining (players and coaches) to clean up his mess we know we let them down but that we intend to fix things. That sort of decision is motivational.

It takes much less time to tear something down that it did to build it. It will only take longer if we don't start now. The only think worse than being in Pasqualoni's hell for two years and three weeks is being there for longer than two years and three weeks.

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned this earlier. If You fire P, we will be down 2 coaches. All good, but how does the staff make up the difference in practice.

Two coahes? I thought PP and GDL were the same coach. Can’t tell the difference.

Reaction Score
If you gave Weist the Interim Head Coach title, I suppose you could land someone to take over as Offensive coordinator for the rest of the season, not unlike what Mack Brown did with Robinson. Just to pick a name at random, I suspect Keeler, the ex Delaware coach would jump at the chance. Whipple might do it too. Jack Siedecki might finish out the season. He was the OC at Wesleyan for a year or so after he retired from Yale. though truth be told, I doubt DeLeone would leave. take his headset, put him in charge of tight ends and move Foley over to the offensive line. Not going to fix every problem (Hemmingway isn't going to gain 30 pounds and understand the play book no matter who is the coach) but with a simplified offensive line scheme, a focus on fundamentals we might just get things moving in the right direction by the last month of the season.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
As much as I want it to be true, just like the entire board, the only way HS coaches know something about this is if PP told them. I don't think Warde would say something like that, so the dots don't connect for me.

I hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
If you gave Weist the Interim Head Coach title, I suppose you could land someone to take over as Offensive coordinator for the rest of the season, not unlike what Mack Brown did with Robinson. Just to pick a name at random, I suspect Keeler, the ex Delaware coach would jump at the chance. Whipple might do it too. Jack Siedecki might finish out the season. He was the OC at Wesleyan for a year or so after he retired from Yale. though truth be told, I doubt DeLeone would leave. take his headset, put him in charge of tight ends and move Foley over to the offensive line. Not going to fix every problem (Hemmingway isn't going to gain 30 pounds and understand the play book no matter who is the coach) but with a simplified offensive line scheme, a focus on fundamentals we might just get things moving in the right direction by the last month of the season.

Additionally, naming an interim gives Manuel the opportunity to start the search for a new coach immediately and out in the open. No need to sneak around like he probably is right now looking for who's going to succeed Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score

I have to ask Patrick Ewing this question.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Tonight topped it off how can u be in shotgun on first and then under center on 3rd and 5. I have to post what I know and for people that need sources it's multiple people close to HS football I also had posts taken down on the old site when I knew exactly what happened to wiggins (bbal) before it was out in the paper . Paul P will be fired after Michigan game TW and PP are oil and vinegar and WM is very aware. The locker room is divided and Weist was pissed after Towson and called a 45 to 14 loss tonight only because that's what PP would cause. PP was also over riding offensive play calls versus Townson. Considering the change of play calling after the first drive Im sure it happened again. The only bright spot about tonight is we are one week until a new coach.
Sooooo... Here we are. What's going through WM's head today, folks? Did P buy himself some time with a decent effort? Or was that more due to the crowd? Have his game decisions and blind loyalty to GDL written his fate?

Reaction Score
Sooooo... Here we are. What's going through WM's head today, folks? Did P buy himself some time with a decent effort? Or was that more due to the crowd? Have his game decisions and blind loyalty to GDL written his fate?
I think HCPP bought himself another week. A win at Buffalo probably buys him the rest of the season. If we go 6-3 the rest of the way (I know, where are the six wins?), he could get another year. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think HCPP bought himself another week. A win at Buffalo probably buys him the rest of the season. If we go 6-3 the rest of the way (I know, where are the six wins?), he could get another year. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

This. I believe this is 100% accurate, for better or for worse...

Reaction Score

If 6 - 6 buys P another year then I must hope for another 5 win (maximum) season.

Reaction Score

BAD!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I honestly see no way that he's back next year (even considering various miracle outcomes for the season)...

I think he may have bought himself another game but even that I'm not sure of (I want to believe the OP).

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I honestly see no way that he's back next year (even considering various miracle outcomes for the season)...

I think he may have bought himself another game but even that I'm not sure of (I want to believe the OP).

Yeah, but you could imagine a scenario where if he gets us to 7-5 and a bowl game win, that Warde won't pull the trigger. I'd be shocked if Warde fired him after something like that, whether it's right or wrong...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I don't think anything short of a complete 180 in play gets him another year. 7-2 the rest of the way would do it but that's not happening. I only hope P does the right thing and preps these guys enough so that a new coach has something to work with.

I start to worry about talent withering on the vine.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah, but you could imagine a scenario where if he gets us to 7-5 and a bowl game win, that Warde won't pull the trigger. I'd be shocked if Warde fired him after something like that, whether it's right or wrong...

7-5 would be a 7-2 run to end the season. Might be enough to claim he has it turned around. But his incompetence will prevent that from happeneing.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Agree it gets him another year because in order to go 6-3 the rest of the way, there has to be major improvements from multiple players.

But I don't see this team winning 6 games this year which means three straight losing seasons, which means PP is gone.

Reaction Score
Tonight topped it off how can u be in shotgun on first and then under center on 3rd and 5. I have to post what I know and for people that need sources it's multiple people close to HS football I also had posts taken down on the old site when I knew exactly what happened to wiggins (bbal) before it was out in the paper . Paul P will be fired after Michigan game TW and PP are oil and vinegar and WM is very aware. The locker room is divided and Weist was pissed after Towson and called a 45 to 14 loss tonight only because that's what PP would cause. PP was also over riding offensive play calls versus Townson. Considering the change of play calling after the first drive Im sure it happened again. The only bright spot about tonight is we are one week until a new coach.

OK. What happened?

This whole thread is absurd. They won't let this guy go until, at the earliest, December - in order to get a head start on the next hire. But probably he stays the whole season.

Reaction Score
To me it is very much a question of what the 6 wins look like. 21-17 over Buffalo, 17-14 over USF, that type of win doesn't get anything. A win streak that shows some signs of life on the offensive side of the ball, improvement along the way, maybe he gets another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom