Heat-Spurs Game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Heat-Spurs Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
One phenomenal thing about the Spurs is how many of their players have dramatically improved their outside shooting.
Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard were terrible perimeter shooters in colleg and now Green is one of the top 3 pt. shooters in the league and Leonard is now very solid from mid-range and 3.
Duncan has increased his range and is now deadly from 15-18 feet p,us he is now an 83% FT shooter when that used to be a weakness in his game.
Defenders used to give Tony Parker any perimeter shot and now he is deadly. Gary Neal & George Hill (who used to be with the Spurs) also showed great improvement in shooting while with the Spurs and Bonner is deadly from 3.
Whoever is their shooting coach is doing an outstanding job!

Reaction Score
One phenomenal thing about the Spurs is how many of their players have dramatically improved their outside shooting.
Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard were terrible perimeter shooters in colleg and now Green is one of the top 3 pt. shooters in the league and Leonard is now very solid from mid-range and 3.
Duncan has increased his range and is now deadly from 15-18 feet p,us he is now an 83% FT shooter when that used to be a weakness in his game.
Defenders used to give Tony Parker any perimeter shot and now he is deadly. Gary Neal & George Hill (who used to be with the Spurs) also showed great improvement in shooting while with the Spurs and Bonner is deadly from 3.
Agree with everything you said but I always thought Danny Green was a good shooter, he's become a much better player than I ever thought he would though.

Reaction Score

Chip Engelland, he first started getting alot of pub once Tyler Phommachanh became so good from midrange and Bruce Bowen from the corner 3.

Reaction Score
My buddy texted me, Joey Crawford is reffing the game, congrats to Miami for evening the series at 1-1.

Reaction Score
Wow did that game change in a hurry. And it all started with a Ray three-pointer! (ok - we are maybe giving him too much credit for one bucket in a 23-3 run, but hey, it is a UConn board - Florida can hype the Mike Miller three-pointer).

Reaction Score
When Miami is able to ratchet up their defense like this, it's over regardless of who the opponent is or where the game is at. San Antonio is going to need to take much better care of the ball, as they did in game one, if they want to get things going their way again.

Reaction Score
Just a quirk of the way the game went, but Ray's +/- will be absurd in this game. Game was close to tied when he came in and he left up 25.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Great balance with Allen, Miller and Chalmers in the last 3 minutes of the. Third with Bosh and Wade on the bench. Hate the Heat but they executed well and use their depth.

Reaction Score
It was all Chalmers, Miller and Allen on that run. Miami is scary when they rachet up the D and start raining three's, doubt the role players will be that good in San Antonio. This is going to be a long series.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Great to say the real Ray back!
But the Spurs still have a huge advantage by taking the home court advantage and getting three games in a row in San Antonio.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And that is why I've never tried to dunk on Lebron James.

That sequence was absurd.

That's at least the second time this playoffs that James has defended the rim when the opponent had a full head of steam and he was at a stand still.

Physically, he is Karl Malone's size and Michael Jordan's athleticism.

Reaction Score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370868286.537390.jpg

Anyone else think this is a bit much? Guns to his head and a noose?

Reaction Score
I know it was just one quarter, but I really like what Magic Johnson said in the postgame about LeBron needing to involve his teammates vs doing it himself IF the Heat are going to win the series. Everyone needed to shutup about LeBron's stats or decision making on individually plays - basketball is a team game. I think last night went a long way towards establishing the Heat as a higher functioning unit and no doubt in my mind the Heat will win at least once in San Antonio.

Besides LeBron getting others involved, the biggest change (that no one is talking about) is Bosh played much more intelligently, took good shots and helped the Heat's offense run more smoothly. That's a big story after the saboteur doofus he was in the Indiana series and game 1. I didn't really have to hate Bosh once last night. It is entirely possible that the Heat have now clicked back into what was working during their near record-breaking winning streak and San Antonio will need perfect execution to win games.

Also I'm continually amazed how the role players always play better at home, even though last night it was kind of the opposite for the Spurs (Green & Leonard were great, Parker & Duncan below normal standards). Yes they aren't the stars now, but almost every role player in the NBA was 'the man' in high school and probably college. Just fascinating to me that the level of competition is so high that only the best of the best can excel in any environment.

So I think the key going forward is between Chalmers, Ray, Miller/Battier & Haslem the Heat need 2 or 3 (if Wade continues to be mediocre) to play well to win. Ray has been a superstar in the NBA (so no road worries for him), but he's increasingly dependent on LeBron to set him up.

Last point is that was REALLY remarkable last night. LeBron's game 6 versus the Celtics last year was awe-inspiring and now legendary, but tough for me to fully appreciate because I was rooting for Ray and the green. Now with Ray on the C's its a little easier to root for and appreciate LeBron. That sequence including the phenomenal block was really memorable and is now etched in his superstar legacy.

Reaction Score
I know it was just one quarter, but I really like what Magic Johnson said in the postgame about LeBron needing to involve his teammates vs doing it himself IF the Heat are going to win the series. Everyone needed to shutup about LeBron's stats or decision making on individually plays - basketball is a team game. I think last night went a long way towards establishing the Heat as a higher functioning unit and no doubt in my mind the Heat will win at least once in San Antonio.

Besides LeBron getting others involved, the biggest change (that no one is talking about) is Bosh played much more intelligently, took good shots and helped the Heat's offense run more smoothly. That's a big story after the saboteur doofus he was in the Indiana series and game 1. I didn't really have to hate Bosh once last night. It is entirely possible that the Heat have now clicked back into what was working during their near record-breaking winning streak and San Antonio will need perfect execution to win games.

Also I'm continually amazed how the role players always play better at home, even though last night it was kind of the opposite for the Spurs (Green & Leonard were great, Parker & Duncan below normal standards). Yes they aren't the stars now, but almost every role player in the NBA was 'the man' in high school and probably college. Just fascinating to me that the level of competition is so high that only the best of the best can excel in any environment.

So I think the key going forward is between Chalmers, Ray, Miller/Battier & Haslem the Heat need 2 or 3 (if Wade continues to be mediocre) to play well to win. Ray has been a superstar in the NBA (so no road worries for him), but he's increasingly dependent on LeBron to set him up.

Last point is that was REALLY remarkable last night. LeBron's game 6 versus the Celtics last year was awe-inspiring and now legendary, but tough for me to fully appreciate because I was rooting for Ray and the green. Now with Ray on the C's its a little easier to root for and appreciate LeBron. That sequence including the phenomenal block was really memorable and is now etched in his superstar legacy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the block happen when the heat were already up big (15-20 pts). Didn't they already blow the game open at that point?? I don't get the hoopla with that block. It was a great play but I don't remember it sparking that run or anything. All weve heard the past three weeks is lebron is a one man show. Then everybody on the Heat stepped up. Wade in the first half, bosh played much better, ray, miller, charmers was unbelievable and not a word. Somehow lebron who started 2-12 and closed 5-5 when they were up big led them to that win. If you're gonna kill his supporting cast, would it kill espn to at least mention they won game 2 for lebron??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom