Heat-Spurs Game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Heat-Spurs Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the block happen when the heat were already up big (15-20 pts). Didn't they already blow the game open at that point?? I don't get the hoopla with that block. It was a great play but I don't remember it sparking that run or anything. All weve heard the past three weeks is lebron is a one man show. Then everybody on the Heat stepped up. Wade in the first half, bosh played much better, ray, miller, charmers was unbelievable and not a word. Somehow lebron who started 2-12 and closed 5-5 when they were up big led them to that win. If you're gonna kill his supporting cast, would it kill espn to at least mention they won game 2 for lebron??

"It was a spectacular play but not an unbelievabe play because blocking Tiago Splitter's shot is believable"-Stephen A Smith

Reaction Score
Yes I hate lebron, but I fully admit he's the best player in the league and can be absolutely ridiculous. But take it for what it's worth he started 2-12 in game 2 and 2-13 in game 3 for 16% shooting. He then closed game 2 5-5 and game 3 5-7 for 83% when the heat were either up big (15-20) or down big (15-30) and both games outcomes already decided. Overall his stats are ok but they are misleading and this hasn't been a great finals for him so far. Luckily for the heat they're only down 2-1 and at some point you expect him to explode.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Nice job on the boards by the Spurs.

Reaction Score
Yes I hate lebron, but I fully admit he's the best player in the league and can be absolutely ridiculous. But take it for what it's worth he started 2-12 in game 2 and 2-13 in game 3 for 16% shooting. He then closed game 2 5-5 and game 3 5-7 for 83% when the heat were either up big (15-20) or down big (15-30) and both games outcomes already decided. Overall his stats are ok but they are misleading and this hasn't been a great finals for him so far. Luckily for the heat they're only down 2-1 and at some point you expect him to explode.

its easier to bounce back from a blowout then it is from a heart breaking loss, I still have this going 7 games Lebron will bounce back just like Duncan bounced back tonight.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is one of the weirder NBA playoffs I can remember. I can not think of another year where so many key players were not playing for their team, or were playing at 50% like Wade. We are watching two guys name Danny Green and WhoTheHellIsThisGuy Neal destroy a team with 3 future Hall of Famers.

Wade looks like an old, old man right now. He can't get by anyone, even in garbage time. The Spurs have one star at the end of his prime in Parker, and two stars well past their prime in Duncan and Ginobili, and then a bunch of role players. The closest I have seen a team like this win it was a couple of years ago when Dallas won, but Dirk was one of the best players in the NBA that year. Parker is no where near one of the best in the NBA. Ultimately, I think Lebron will pull it out because Wade will rally just enough, but the Heat do not look good right now, and win or lose, they will not be back in the Finals next year.

Reaction Score
This is one of the weirder NBA playoffs I can remember. I can not think of another year where so many key players were not playing for their team, or were playing at 50% like Wade. We are watching two guys name Danny Green and WhoTheHellIsThisGuy Neal destroy a team with 3 future Hall of Famers.

Wade looks like an old, old man right now. He can't get by anyone, even in garbage time. The Spurs have one star at the end of his prime in Parker, and two stars well past their prime in Duncan and Ginobili, and then a bunch of role players. The closest I have seen a team like this win it was a couple of years ago when Dallas won, but Dirk was one of the best players in the NBA that year. Parker is no where near one of the best in the NBA. Ultimately, I think Lebron will pull it out because Wade will rally just enough, but the Heat do not look good right now, and win or lose, they will not be back in the Finals next year.

Parker is absolutely one of the best players in the league. You just wouldn't know it because the media never mentions him.

Reaction Score

Parker is definetly a top NBA player this year, Tim Duncan is still great, and Popovich is the best coach in the NBA, and one of the best in NBA history. I will not make the mistake of playing prisoner of the moment, this series is still far from over.

Reaction Score

The spurs have 3 future HOF and a future HOF coach that helps and they have ring"s".

Reaction Score
Hello... is it three you're looking for?

h88B6C03C

Reaction Score

Tim Duncan may be past his prime, but he's aged gracefully and is still among the best big men in the league. Tony Parker is a star, and systematically they are second to none as they have the best coach in the game. In terms of drafting and developing talent, I think the Spurs are head and shoulders above the rest of the league - Green was cut by the Cavs, they picked Leonard behind guys like Bismack Biyambo and Jimmer Fredette, and somehow, they've both become fantastic perimeter defenders and capable (or in Green's case, far more than capable) three point shooters.

It's difficult to tell whether Wade's legitimately badly hurt, or simply a shell of his former self. The more I watch him play, the more I lean towards the latter - any semblance of a jump shot has completely disappated from his game, and although he's still crafty around the basket, he can't finish at the rim with regularity anymore. LeBron looks as flustered as I've seen him since the 2011 finals. Unless he starts knocking down jumpers with more consistency, I can't see Miami winning this series.

Reaction Score

Parker is the best point guard in the NBA. Miami has 3 hall of famers but as you said Wade looks old and Ray Allen is way past his prime.

Reaction Score
Also the Spurs have 4 hall of famers in Parker, Duncan, Ginobili and Pop.

Reaction Score
The Spurs are old school basketball meaning team first. Its too early to call but it reminds me of the old Celtics where they get 'team' contributions defensively and offensively. I haven't see ball movement like that in the NBA for years (I admit I don't watch it much). Spurs basketball is attractive enough to make me want to peak at an NBA game from time to time.

As a Knick fan its easy to compare Melo's ball stopping, one on one play to any of the Spurs HOFs. Actually to Lebron's credit he plays the Spurs way, but he is the one player in the League that shouldn't give a damn and just play Melo ball. Especially now with them facing elimination on the road in San Antonio. All eyes are on him right now, as his supporting cast is looking 'Cavalier-ish'.

Lastly Greg P. can coach his ass off!

Reaction Score
That was a total a$$whooping by the Spurs. I agree with those saying Wade looks cooked. I think whatever nagging injuries are combining with 3 straight years of 100-ish games, age and the fact that Wade is not a workout/diet fanatic and has instead relied on his freak athleticism. That is going away or gone for this series and the Heat are in trouble. The Heat have at least one more backs-against-the-wall flip the switch ON game, but to win 3 more I think Spoelstra needs to adjust big-time.

I'd bring Wade off the bench as they are playing way off him and daring him to shoot, resulting in an even more crowded paint area. I think Wade's defense is still very good when he's not bitching about a call or drifting, but having a 2 guard that can't shoot beyond 12' is a liability.

LeBron played a crappy game last night. I don't think that needs to be over-analyzed or extrapolated into the other games of this series (particularly Game 2 that he took over regardless of the score when the Splitter block happened, that was the exclamation point). Other than you can say the Spurs are defending him well (hence Pop's evil secrecy re: LeBron defense strategies ;).

Tony Parker was quiet in terms of his individual scoring offense, but his overall game certainly corrected that anomaly of Mario Chalmers outplaying him. Your move Spo...

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Though part of me despises the Spurs for denying Ewing's last attempt at a ring, I'm in full support of them against the Heat.

Win for America San Antonio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Miami won't win giving the Spurs +16 on the boards which converted to +12 shots taken. Lebron had to be the leading rebounder with Usef alone contributing.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Though part of me despises the Spurs for denying Ewing's last attempt at a ring, I'm in full support of them against the Heat.

Win for America San Antonio.

Let's see: Three French players, one from Argentina, two from Australia, one from Brazil, one from the Virgin Islands...hardly "win for America"...more like let's go international basketball.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Let's see: Three French players, one from Argentina, two from Australia, one from Brazil, one from the Virgin Islands...hardly "win for America"...more like let's go international basketball.

San Antonio is in America.

Reaction Score
D Wade came back from the dead, the game went as I thought with Miami bouncing back, now it gets really exciting going into the all important game 5. The Spurs made adustments after getting blown out in game 3 and the Heat made adjustments after getting blown out in game 4. I expect much closer games the rest of the series.

Reaction Score
There's no more adjustments at this point. Whoever executes better will win. Odd how every game seems to be a blowout.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
A lot will depend on Tony Parker's health. He was ineffective in the second half tonight. If that continues in game five, the Spurs could be in trouble. They can't count of Danny Green and Neal to continue to shoot outrageous % from three, particularly from five feet behind the line & often well-covered.

Reaction Score
Seems pretty simple to me. Miami's season was on the line and they came through, now that swings to San Antonio as they have pretty much zero shot of winning the series if they go down 3-2 headed to Miami.

Reaction Score
Why play Ginobili when he's clearly a liability now?

Reaction Score
Wade goes from old and cooked to dropping a 30 point 5 rb 5 st 0 to's stat line, something that hasn't happened in the finals since 1987.

Reaction Score
Wade goes from old and cooked to dropping a 30 point 5 rb 5 st 0 to's stat line, something that hasn't happened in the finals since 1987.
Once the regular season ends the NBA drug testing policy is that there are NO drug test of any kind during the playoffs.

If Wade has 2-3 more games like that still in him or in a vial that will soon be in him Miami has once again resurrected itself.

Bosh was also great last night. I hate him so much that I interpret that as a negative in that he sucked so much prior.

I understand that its somewhat unsustainable to bring that much defensive intensity to every game, but it's equally inexplicable how Miami absolutely turns it off at times such as in the first 5 minutes when both Mike Miller and Parker's primary defender (Bosh or Chalmers) ran AWAY from TParker and the ball allowing an easy floater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom