Heat-Spurs Game thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Heat-Spurs Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just saw a replay from the corner. They could have indeed called a foul on Bosh on the last three-pointer. There was a little body contact.

Reaction Score
Also saw slo-mo replay on Ginobli drive. Ray got his hand on the ball first before contact with the forearm. That's typically not a foul when you get ball first and then there's contact on the follow through.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Just saw a replay from the corner. They could have indeed called a foul on Bosh on the last three-pointer. There was a little body contact.
And Tony Parker ran into Ray's leg on the game tying three...could have been a four point play and game over in regulation

Reaction Score
Only on the boneyard could a dialogue of one of the best NBA games of all-time turn into a b****ing and moaning fest. The officials were fine - if you thought there was a foul on Ginobili, you would have thought there was a foul on JJ Redick in the 2004 Final Four, too, because the plays were damn near identical. Bosh closed out perfectly on Green and got all ball - maybe there was a bit of excess body contact, but that's still not a call you make on a play that was defended perfectly.

NBA, LBJ, Heat haters...save your s*** for another day. LeBron is one of the best basketball players of all-time, and I can assure you you'll enjoy him more if you simply admire his greatness instead of rooting against him. Is he perfect? No, his constant complaining on the court is off-putting, his flopping is somewhat embarassing for a player of his caliber, and the manner in which he departed Cleveland deserved criticism to say the least. But jeez, he's never had a run in with the law, you never hear any stories about him d***ing around media members, fans, or teammates, and seems like a genuninely good guy and the most perfectly constructed physical specimen I've ever seen. Enjoy him while he's here - he's not only one of the best basketball players ever, he's one of the best athletes ever. Don't throw away the opportunity to relish his greatness because you don't like the way he complains to the refs.

These are the two best teams in the world, bar none, and the offensive and defensive execution has been about as precise and well-orchestrated as humanly possible, and the drama is unparalleled.

Don't like the NBA? Understandable. Don't like this series? I just don't understand how you can call yourself a basketball fan.

Reaction Score
Only on the boneyard could a dialogue of one of the best NBA games of all-time turn into a b* *ing and moaning fest. The officials were fine - if you thought there was a foul on Ginobili, you would have thought there was a foul on JJ Redick in the 2004 Final Four, too, because the plays were damn near identical. Bosh closed out perfectly on Green and got all ball - maybe there was a bit of excess body contact, but that's still not a call you make on a play that was defended perfectly.

NBA, LBJ, Heat haters...save your s* for another day. LeBron is one of the best basketball players of all-time, and I can assure you you'll enjoy him more if you simply admire his greatness instead of rooting against him. Is he perfect? No, his constant complaining on the court is off-putting, his flopping is somewhat embarassing for a player of his caliber, and the manner in which he departed Cleveland deserved criticism to say the least. But jeez, he's never had a run in with the law, you never hear any stories about him d* *ing around media members, fans, or teammates, and seems like a genuninely good guy and the most perfectly constructed physical specimen I've ever seen. Enjoy him while he's here - he's not only one of the best basketball players ever, he's one of the best athletes ever. Don't throw away the opportunity to relish his greatness because you don't like the way he complains to the refs.

These are the two best teams in the world, bar none, and the offensive and defensive execution has been about as precise and well-orchestrated as humanly possible, and the drama is unparalleled.

Don't like the NBA? Understandable. Don't like this series? I just don't understand how you can call yourself a basketball fan.

He's a great player, unbelievable athlete no doubt. But he doesn't carry himself like the elite of the past........he gets every call and still and you expect people to like him. Respect him for what he does is one thing but to like him is quite another! But he once again made plays which would have lost the game down the stretch if it weren't for Ray - so Michael he isn't!!

Bosh's foul can't be let go, Green got ripped up. But hey there were so many other missed calls both ways nothing to complain about.........the Heat do get the better of it though and there's no doubt about that but that's to be expected, they want a Game 7!!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No one is denying LeBron's greatness. But his constant whining, combined with his flopping, make it very hard not to root against him imo. Just play the gnikcvf game like the rest of these guys and stop being such a pvssy. Did you see anyone else putting their hands on the refs and continuing to complain well after the play? It is embarrassing that a player of his caliber is such a big baby.

Reaction Score
You guys are simply amazing if you think James gets "every call". The guy gets crushed regularly and doesn't get the call. I assume this is because the refs don't feel that there is an advantage gained, sort of like when Shaq was in his prime and would get the crap beat out of him.

Reaction Score
Here's one more about the refs. I have read a lot of reports this morning that the Spurs had Duncan inbound the ball after the Allen three to tie the game. Supposedly, by rule this is an illegal substitution. Can anyone confirm that? And how bad would it have looked if San Antonio would have scored there? Again, I don't know for sure if this is what happened, I have only read it.

Reaction Score
You guys are simply amazing if you think James gets "every call". The guy gets crushed regularly and doesn't get the call. I assume this is because the refs don't feel that there is an advantage gained, sort of like when Shaq was in his prime and would get the crap beat out of him.

The crap beat out of him??????......that's a joke. The guy was 350 lbs and they let him bang backwards against any defender who tried to keep his ground and maybe called a charge once....you can't go THROUGH people unless you're Shaq back then and now Lebron........he doesn't "get every call" you're right. Just 90%.......obvious to all but Heat fans.....he's not the 1st though so it's not on him it's on the NBA, Stern and the stupidity of the way they call games in the league.

Reaction Score
am I the only one who thinks the refs werent an issue, it was an alltime great finals game. At least the refs let them play.

The refs were not an issue.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Details aside, that was an epic end to regulation. Lebron brings them back, Parker takes it back, Ray hits the huge 3. It was a great play for him to get back behind the 3 point line--quick thinking and great elevation on the shot....perfect.

Reaction Score
Really? You think he walked? Age has clearly compromised your eyes.

Legally he most definitely walked, they don't call it but what else can it be? Catches it with a foot in front which would be his pivot and shoots it with 2 feet behind.....it's not even called in college so I'm just busting but in college they catch and hop back a lot and somehow it's never called......I like Ray so glad they didn't....but to point out Ginolbi's is ridicuous when the NBA has 10 walks a night!!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It was definitely epic. I just wish they could have had the Miami championship presentation last night, because that's the inevitable conclusion now. Game 7 will simply be a march to a certain death for the Spurs, and a drawn out procession to coronate the Heat.

Reaction Score
It was definitely epic. I just wish they could have had the Miami championship presentation last night, because that's the inevitable conclusion now. Game 7 will simply be a march to a certain death for the Spurs, and a drawn out procession to coronate the Heat.

just hope game 7 can be epic too but well have to see how the Spurs respond if anyone can bounce back from a loss like that its them but they are human and thats a pretty demoralizing loss, as great as Duncan is he is 37 and played 44 minutes. I fear a Heat blowout but am hopeful for a great game 7.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
just hope game 7 can be epic too but well have to see how the Spurs respond if anyone can bounce back from a loss like that its them but they are human and thats a pretty demoralizing loss, as great as Duncan is he is 37 and played 44 minutes. I fear a Heat blowout but am hopeful for a great game 7.
I think game 7 will have about as much suspense as last night's finale of The Voice; i.e., it's a forgone conclusion.

Reaction Score
I understand Ginobili has a great career...but WHY?!?!?

The Spurs can compete in Game 7. They are very resilient.

Reaction Score
I think game 7 will have about as much suspense as last night's finale of The Voice; i.e., it's a forgone conclusion.

Wow 8893, The Voice huh? I'm impressed...................do you watch it for Shakira only?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wow 8893, The Voice huh? I'm impressed...................do you watch it for Shakira only?
She was a nice bonus this season, but I am an unabashed fan of the show. I like watching music performances a lot, and I think the format of the show is very interesting. The stage sets and production got a bit over-the-top this season, but the finalists (and a few who almost were) were very talented imo. I like a lot of different types of music, but I'm not generally a modern country music fan. Even so, I appreciated both of the "country" acts in the final, and the girl who won is the surest bet to be a star that I have seen in a very long time. The runner-up surprised the hell out of me. She has amazing range and could be a very interesting artist with the right material. I started out this season not liking Usher at all, but I ended up very impressed with how well he worked with his one remaining artist. And he is pretty gnikcvf insanely talented himself.

As for Shakira, she is very talented too, and nicer to look at than Christina (even the newly-trimmed down version), and she's no dummy either, but her commentary immediately following the performances was lacking imo. Mostly it seemed to be because she was struggling to find the right word, and too often she didn't find it and ended up speaking in platitudes. I look forward to Christina's return next season because I miss her willingness to be critical, something that was sorely lacking among all the judges this season.

Reaction Score
Legally he most definitely walked, they don't call it but what else can it be? Catches it with a foot in front which would be his pivot and shoots it with 2 feet behind.....it's not even called in college so I'm just busting but in college they catch and hop back a lot and somehow it's never called......I like Ray so glad they didn't....but to point out Ginolbi's is ridicuous when the NBA has 10 walks a night!!

You're allowed to set your feet on the move in one motion as long as you elevate right from it. People step into their jumpers like that all the time - this was just stepping back into it. If you think that's a travel then you think Kemba's step back to beat Pitt was too, because he picked up his dribble and re-established both of his feet three feet behind him as McGhee fell.

Reaction Score
Here's one more about the refs. I have read a lot of reports this morning that the Spurs had Duncan inbound the ball after the Allen three to tie the game. Supposedly, by rule this is an illegal substitution. Can anyone confirm that? And how bad would it have looked if San Antonio would have scored there? Again, I don't know for sure if this is what happened, I have only read it.

That's correct - that was an illegal substitution, since there was no timeout called. Had it been caught, it would have been a tech. But it would be more likely to be caught by a Miami assistant coach or the table staff than the officials, who have a lot on their minds at that point.

Reaction Score
LBJ complains too much - no question. The complaining while the ball is heading the other way is particularly annoying, but Duncan also is an equal offender bitching-wise and gets a pass reputation-wise. It gets tiresome watching him give his trademark bug-eyed "what?" look at the refs every time he gets a whistle, and then watching a replay where he hacks someone across the forearm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom