Heat-Spurs Game thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Heat-Spurs Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Legally he most definitely walked, they don't call it but what else can it be? Catches it with a foot in front which would be his pivot and shoots it with 2 feet behind.....it's not even called in college so I'm just busting but in college they catch and hop back a lot and somehow it's never called......I like Ray so glad they didn't....but to point out Ginolbi's is ridicuous when the NBA has 10 walks a night!!

He caught it with one foot off the ground, put that foot down and then took a full step with the other. The NBA rule permits two full steps, so it is not a travel.

Reaction Score
Duncan has been the NBA's complainer-in-chief for 15 years. LeBron adds the flopping element.

Reaction Score
Ginobili traveled his ass off on that play, the no call on the foul evened things out

He sure did, he was going for a touchdown on 4th down and 10 yards to go. I counted 4 steps at least.

Reaction Score
Tony Parker changed the game with his inadvertent elbow to James's jaw. The look Lebron had afterwards was scary, and I told the room that he woke up the sleeping giant. Lebron then went off, with a determination not seen this series.

That one play to me changed the game and Lebron.

Reaction Score
No one is denying LeBron's greatness. But his constant whining, combined with his flopping, make it very hard not to root against him imo. Just play the gnikcvf game like the rest of these guys and stop being such a pvssy. Did you see anyone else putting their hands on the refs and continuing to complain well after the play? It is embarrassing that a player of his caliber is such a big baby.

Yeah, #21 in the black uniform. You know, the guy they call the best player of his generation and the greatest power forward in the history of the game? Biggest whiner and complainer in the league.

The anti-Heat / anti-Lebron stuff from the guys on here who spend all season bragging about how they don't watch the NBA is embarrassing. I'm glad he's going to wrap up ring #2 tomorrow night just to irritate you.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah, #21 in the black uniform. You know, the guy they call the best player of his generation and the greatest power forward in the history of the game? Biggest whiner and complainer in the league.

The anti-Heat / anti-Lebron stuff from the guys on here who spend all season bragging about how they don't watch the NBA is embarrassing. I'm glad he's going to wrap up ring #2 tomorrow night just to irritate you.
Get over yourself pal. You're barking up the wrong tree here. I've never suggested that I don't watch the NBA all season, much less bragged about it. I watch plenty and I enjoy it. I just think it's embarrassing that a guy as insanely talented as LeBron is such a serial complainer and flopper. It is a fact that he does it. Good for your superfanboy-self that it doesn't bother you. Personally, I'm glad that the league is finally taking the flopping seriously enough to issue fines for it. Sure, it's always been part of the game, but the Heat elevated it to an art form that, imo, takes away from the integrity of the game. Nevermind what it says about the character of the players who engage in it to the level they do.

As for the complaining, any other player would have been T'd up if they pulled Bron-Bron's baby act, holding the ref by the shoulders long after the play and continuing to cry about it, confident that it would result in more than enough make-up calls (or non-calls) to offset it. He got his way, and I'm sure he will in spades on Thursday as you eagerly await another coronation pageant with baited breath.

Congratulations.

Reaction Score
also the notion that the heat are going to casually stroll to a Larry O'brien trophy is nonsense. No team has won back to back games and that trend will likely continue. The sheer luck of last night cannot be ignored. pop has thoroughly outcoached spo, and Tim Duncan was taking bosh to the woodshed. Barbecue chicken

Reaction Score
Yea I'm kind of surprised at all the talk on the net and on sports radio I'm hearing of people expecting a Heat walkover. I know the Spurs put alot into last night's game but the Heat had to do the same for that comeback. To hear Magic Johnson say he doesn't see the Spurs recovering from last night and calling the Heat a "young" team left me shaking my head.

Reaction Score
"The team that plays with more ENERGY will win the next game"- magic johnson analysis

Reaction Score
The 1st half from Duncan

The 4th quarter from LeBron

Parker going bananas in the final minute of Regulation

The shot from Allen

Can't we just stop worrying about LeBrons legacy/whining/demeanor and enjoy what was likely one of the greatest Basketball games in Finals History?

Reaction Score
He's a great player, unbelievable athlete no doubt. But he doesn't carry himself like the elite of the past........he gets every call and still and you expect people to like him. Respect him for what he does is one thing but to like him is quite another! But he once again made plays which would have lost the game down the stretch if it weren't for Ray - so Michael he isn't!!

Bosh's foul can't be let go, Green got ripped up. But hey there were so many other missed calls both ways nothing to complain about.........the Heat do get the better of it though and there's no doubt about that but that's to be expected, they want a Game 7!!

I have conceeded this, though I'm not sure how you can say he "gets every call", particularly in this series - if anything, the officials have shown a lot of restraint, specifically in fast break situations, not making a habit call and allowing things to play out.

But c'mon, are his on-court mannerisims really a legitimate reason to root against one of the most unselfish players in the league, a fantastic embassador of the game, and a genuninely nice guy? You would want your son to play like LeBron, and you'd want him to carry himself with the poise and maturity LBJ displays on a daily basis, despite unthinkable amounts of fame. I've granted you, his constant complaining gets to be a bit much, but I've played basketball before, and I'm sure you have, too - it's a heat of the battle thing, and when you take as much of a beating as LBJ does, sometimes frustration can get the best of you. If it's the flopping that bothers you, you wouldn't have liked Kemba, either, because he tried to sell more calls than anybody else in the country. You're not going to find the perfect player: if you dig deep enough, you'll find things about everybody you don't like. I'm willing to deal with the bad and embrace the good, because the good far outweighs the bad, IMO.

Reaction Score
Duncan may be a whiner but at least he isn't an illiterate, thug dirtbag like Wade

Reaction Score
Duncan may be a whiner but at least he isn't an illiterate, thug dirtbag like Wade

You stay classy

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I have conceeded this, though I'm not sure how you can say he "gets every call", particularly in this series - if anything, the officials have shown a lot of restraint, specifically in fast break situations, not making a habit call and allowing things to play out.

But c'mon, are his on-court mannerisims really a legitimate reason to root against one of the most unselfish players in the league, a fantastic embassador of the game, and a genuninely nice guy? You would want your son to play like LeBron, and you'd want him to carry himself with the poise and maturity LBJ displays on a daily basis, despite unthinkable amounts of fame. I've granted you, his constant complaining gets to be a bit much, but I've played basketball before, and I'm sure you have, too - it's a heat of the battle thing, and when you take as much of a beating as LBJ does, sometimes frustration can get the best of you. If it's the flopping that bothers you, you wouldn't have liked Kemba, either, because he tried to sell more calls than anybody else in the country. You're not going to find the perfect player: if you dig deep enough, you'll find things about everybody you don't like. I'm willing to deal with the bad and embrace the good, because the good far outweighs the bad, IMO.

I get what you're saying but I wish people would quit justifying his whining because of "the beating he takes".....there is zero difference in his "beating" than anyone else in the NBA. They let a lot of physical stuff go every time down court, he is part of that as he uses his hand to stop offenders who are driving by by grabbing their hip area and stopping momentum......please he's a whiner, he's a flopper, ,he's a stud basketball player, he shouldn't be like that.

Reaction Score

Not at all a Wade fan and he's the worst......but this is uncalled for my friend. Thug? A little bit yeah I agree.........dirtbag and illiterate he's not though!! He is just a bit "dirty" while on the court..........

Reaction Score
Yea I'm kind of surprised at all the talk on the net and on sports radio I'm hearing of people expecting a Heat walkover. I know the Spurs put alot into last night's game but the Heat had to do the same for that comeback. To hear Magic Johnson say he doesn't see the Spurs recovering from last night and calling the Heat a "young" team left me shaking my head.
It would be surprising from pretty much anyone else. Magic literally might be the worst analyst of all time, and that really is saying something.

Reaction Score
normally yarders would hop out the bushes to eviscerate Pop for not fouling when up 3. the greatest basketball coach alive elected not to, hopefully that shuts some of you up .refs pay no attention to that gimmick so it isn't done

http://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpr...-points-the-first-comprehensive-cbb-analysis/

I just don't think you can foul that early (pre-LeBron shot). There was still 15 seconds left. Maybe if you really, really trust your team to make foul shots, but even then, there's no guarantee the right guy gets to the line. So if you foul, you could be in the same defensive position five seconds later, up by two instead of three.

Fouling Bosh makes more sense, but he only had the ball for a split-second. The closest defender (Manu) fell down, Green was in the neighborhood, but his first instinct was "oh crap, i'm supposed to be on Ray Allen." and Parker read the kickout pass and tried to get there in scramble mode. For any of them to have their wits about the enough to try to foul is asking a lot. Plus if Parker tried to foul Bosh and didn't get the call, Allen would have been completely alone. In theory, Parker got there in time to make the shot a little more difficult.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Looks like the line is the Heat -5.5.

Tough call.

I want the Spurs, but I don't see the Heat losing. I was initially thinking it would be the Heat in a blowout, but now I'm thinking it will come down to the final seconds again. I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I would take the Spurs and the points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom