**Head's Up ~ Potential Game Time change for USF Game** | Page 2 | The Boneyard

**Head's Up ~ Potential Game Time change for USF Game**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Miami just made the same decision to not travel to Arkansas State... didn't see a forfeiting discussion though.

FAU is still planning to travel at this point.

"All university events through Sunday, Sept. 10 are canceled, including sporting events. The football team’s game versus the University of Wisconsin on Saturday will not be affected as it’s in Wisconsin."

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 4m 4 minutes ago
It looks like 10:30 a.m. Saturday is a possibility for UConn-USF. Friday is not an option.

Blue lot opens @ 5:30!

Reaction Score
.@UConnFootball @USFFootball and @American_Conf reviewing contingency plans for game options including moving to an earlier kick-off.
Perhaps UConn's being reasonably empathetic, but quite frankly the game will likely kick off as scheduled Saturday at 11:11 am ET. However, no solid reason now exists for USF not to arrive as scheduled sometime late Thursday or more likely Friday. Similarly, it's highly unlikely Irma bee lines to CT by 12 noon or even by 4 pm ET Saturday. Irma's trajectory could change, but current forecasts don't project the storm will hit Tampa too hard for USF's return flight arriving late Saturday or Sunday.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From the Athletic- Florida announces it is moving its home game Saturday vs. Northern Colorado from 7:30 p.m. to noon.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This is a completely baffling situation. I don't understand how any of it helps. Furthermore, it confuses Husky fans as to when the game starts. Now, I have to go back to the attendance prediction thread and adjust my number...

Reaction Score
Cmon AD Benedict, get it done. This is your call. Get the time in whether its early or late. UConn fans are making their tailgating plans.

Reaction Score
It sounds like they want to get the kids home same day because early hurricane effects will be here sun am. Not sure if Tampa will do landings all day sunday. Crosswinds etc. any pilots on the board maybe can comment

Reaction Score
It makes sense to do this. I have to imagine there are a lot of USF coaches, support staff (and who knows players?) with families who you really cannot ask them to wait until Tampa becomes accessible again to go home. Plus they have a short week, play Illinois Friday the 15th. What would we want if the shoe was on the other foot?

Reaction Score
Why wouldnt you stay in CT Saturday evening and not be in the dorm during a hurricane?

I said that already. But I don't make decisions for USF. Apparently, they want to be stuck (if Tampa is hit) at home and not in Connecticut.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Wait the game is being played in CT already....christ. "Hey, I think I missed that wheer is the game being played? There was a dog barking in the background"

Reaction Score
This is bigger then football....are some of you that insensitive and selfish??? Only on the Boneyard....smh.

Reaction Score
This is seriously a question? It gets them flying 90 minutes earlier, and gives them 90 extra minutes to be back on the ground and in their dorms when the storm hits.

IMG_0446.JPG

Reaction Score
This is bigger then football....are some of you that insensitive and selfish??? Only on the Boneyard....smh.

Stop the self righteous crap. No one on here is asking for a single life to be put in risk to play a football game. People are only questioning why USF seems to be in a hurry to move their people back into potential harm's way.

Reaction Score
No we get it, but this is the football board.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Stop the self righteous crap. No one on here is asking for a single life to be put in risk to play a football game. People are only questioning why USF seems to be in a hurry to move their people back into potential harm's way.
If they were really smart they would get a second plane for the staffs' families as well.

East Hartford Saturday night is going to be much safer than Tampa Saturday night, so it seems.

Reaction Score
If they were really smart they would get a second plane for the staffs' families as well.

East Hartford Saturday night is going to be much safer than Tampa Saturday night, so it seems.
Sets up a Noahs ark scenario which could get uncomfortable, sorry Grandma, no room for you, if players are allowed to bring 2 people only. There is no easy solution. If being in the dorms is safer, perhaps accommodate the families there.

Reaction Score
Crosswinds etc. any pilots on the board maybe can comment
For a game ending by about 4 pm, typically a team would fly home versus staying another night in a hotel. Based on current TPA forecasts clearly subject to change, lower wind speeds are projected Saturday night (low 20s, gusts <30) and a bit higher yet not too bad Sunday (low 30s with gusts to mid 40s). Even with TPA's runways basically running north-south, those wind speeds #s suggest UConn and USF are being reasonably cautious and possibly hoping to give USF some extra buffer to arrive home to a tropical storm to possible hurricane.

Side subject, USF has an upcoming short week. After ideally losing to UConn, they likely want to arrive in Champaign-Urbana next Thursday night (9/14) for their rebound Friday night win over Illinois.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom