**Head's Up ~ Potential Game Time change for USF Game** | The Boneyard

**Head's Up ~ Potential Game Time change for USF Game**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I understand the circumstances but I am going to be very disappointed if this gets postponed
It can't, we don't share a bye week. It will be straight up canceled unfortunately.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
if they do end up coming here and playing, we'll probably win. not that it matters much (obviously in comparison to safety), but I know my mind would not be on playing a football game when all that is going on back home

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Can't say I understand this. It has to be moved up so that they can safely fly back into a hurricane zone? Why not just stay in East Hartford until Tampa becomes accessable again?

Kinda agree. It's a free ticket to safety. And if any of the players need to stay back home with their families, they should be allowed to do so in lieu of going to the game

Reaction Score
Friday night seems to be the best of both worlds. Especially when you look at the cone and timing. This was the latest forecast that came out.

upload_2017-9-6_13-19-34.png

Reaction Score
Kinda agree. It's a free ticket to safety. And if any of the players need to stay back home with their families, they should be allowed to do so in lieu of going to the game
It'd be even nicer if the NCAA granted a waiver for USF to pay for travel of all local players' families with the team up to CT. Yes, it would allow the game to be played, but the more important factor is they're all physically more safe being in CT during the duration of the storm than they are staying in Tampa if the game is cancelled. This would also allow for the players to have a bit more peace of mind that their families are safe.

Reaction Score
They forfeit. We win.

Actually, I don't understand why that is a joke and not an accurate statement. I understand excusing a team when it can't get to a game for reasons beyond it's control. But if they choose not to come and play when they can get here, because they are concerned about getting back? Why isn't that viewed as their choice?

Reaction Score
Actually, I don't understand why that is a joke and not an accurate statement. I understand excusing a team when it can't get to a game for reasons beyond it's control. But if they choose not to come and play when they can get here, because they are concerned about getting back? Why isn't that viewed as their choice?

Miami just made the same decision to not travel to Arkansas State... didn't see a forfeiting discussion though.

Reaction Score
Friday night or earlier Saturday might not be feasible if the Tampa airport is shut down.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I doubt playing in East Hartford is an option tickets, security..etc...but who is playing at USF's stadium on Friday?

Reaction Score
I doubt playing in East Hartford is an option tickets, security..etc...but who is playing at USF's stadium on Friday?
Wait, you're suggesting moving the game down to Florida? They're already using enough resources to get people out of Tampa, why bring thousands more into a football stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom