**Head's Up ~ Potential Game Time change for USF Game** | Page 7 | The Boneyard

**Head's Up ~ Potential Game Time change for USF Game**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I bet none of this happens if they didn't have to play Illinois on Friday. They don't want to miss practice time stuck in a CT hotel. Can't believe that cancelling was actually on the table, that would have been moronic.

Last edited:

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I have an enormous amount of respect and admiration for what you do in your line of work.

I can understand the move to 10:30. Don't think it will make a difference but whatever. But cutting halftime by FIVE MINUTES, when players are supposed to be resting and getting coached is just incredibly stupid. Especially in this day and age where player safety is concerned. If they are that concerned about getting back then don't come at all and just cancel the damn game.

I disagree. 15 minutes for half time is fair, reasonable, and may have a significant impact on if/how/when the USF team gets home. Describing the decision as "incredibly stupid" reflects more on how you think things through than on the validity of cutting 5 minutes off of halftime.

Reaction Score
I disagree. 15 minutes for half time is fair, reasonable, and may have a significant impact on if/how/when the USF team gets home. Describing the decision as "incredibly stupid" reflects more on how you think things through than on the validity of cutting 5 minutes off of halftime.
FWIW, RE said in the radio show that he's happy that they're cutting halftime short because it's too long to begin with. Said that in the NFL they get 12 minutes.

At least I think that's what he said, my feed was choppy. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't see anything dumb about it at all. Whatever makes USF feel better about making sure the game gets played.

Reaction Score
I bet none of this happens if they didn't have to play Illinois on Friday. They don't want to miss practice time stuck in a CT hotel. Can't believe that cancelling was actually on the table, that would have been moronic.
No. What's moronic is worrying about flying them back INTO a friggin' hurricane.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
FWIW, RE said in the radio show that he's happy that they're cutting halftime short because it's too long to begin with. Said that in the NFL they get 12 minutes.

At least I think that's what he said, my feed was choppy. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't see anything dumb about it at all. Whatever makes USF feel better about making sure the game gets played.

He say anything noteworthy about the QB situation? Or anything else of interest? I couldn't listen live tonight and can't find it online

Reaction Score
I heard ESPN is eliminating 1 minute worth of commercials to help USF get home sooner.

Hey, every minute helps. :)

Reaction Score
He say anything noteworthy about the QB situation? Or anything else of interest? I couldn't listen live tonight and can't find it online
I only caught bits and pieces of it, but from what I was able to catch there wasn't really anything new re: quarterbacks. BS gives us the best chance to win right now, etc.

Reaction Score
UConn could really take the high road on this and house the USF team til it's safe for them to return to Florida and.... allow them time to practice at UConn's practice field so that they don't miss time preparing for Illinois. Make sure they have the privacy they deserve and that act of comradery will pay dividends in many ways.

Reaction Score
UConn could really take the high road on this and house the USF team til it's safe for them to return to Florida and.... allow them time to practice at UConn's practice field so that they don't miss time preparing for Illinois. Make sure they have the privacy they deserve and that act of comradery will pay dividends in many ways.

FWIW: I heard second hand that UConn was very helpful/accommodating/flexible in this process and that a number of options were discussed/floated. Seems UConn was prepared to be the gracious host if needed but the final choice/direction was USF's.

Reaction Score
FWIW: I heard UConn was very helpful/accommodating/flexible in this process and that a number of options were discussed/floated. UConn was prepared to be the gracious host if needed but the final choice/direction was USF's.

Put them in the Radisson Cromwell for Sat night, as long as they get a bug infested motel on the Berlin Tpke with only cold water, no heat or AC, no hot water and no TV or WiFi on Friday.

Whatever it takes to win. #RedAuerbachsGhost

Reaction Score
Irma according to the spaghetti model is not going to hit the west coast, however, TPA might cancel flights in and out by Friday.

Reaction Score
Put them in the Radisson Cromwell for Sat night, as long as they get a bug infested motel on the Berlin Tpke with only cold water, no heat or AC, no hot water and no TV or WiFi on Friday.

Whatever it takes to win. #RedAuerbachsGhost

The Grantmoor on the Berlin Turnpike? If it is still in business.:)

Reaction Score
If you want to know what difference 90 minutes makes, read this story (via Twitter) of a Delta flight that got into and out of Puerto Rico today so more people could evacuate. The plane literally flew through the bands of the storm in order to get the people out.

Delta flight beats Hurricane Irma

Reaction Score
Irma is 400 miles wide currently. South Florida is what... 150+/- miles wide? Even a East coast "miss" is a hit.

So true..I'm going to see the latest on the news. I just hope that I'll get our boat out tomorrow. I am watching the news and it might be east of the coast of Florida. We might hit the road later tomorrow. My house is on a lake, so my son's boat is in the garage.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Ah the boneyard never disappointing when it comes to #hottakes.

We are the master of #hottakes on here

My prayers are with all those who have already been affected and those who will be affected over the next few days or so.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if USF told their players players no showers, get your pads off and get on the bus. We're outta here.

Reaction Score
The Hurricane Center is forecasting that tropical storm winds will arrive in Tampa at 8 p.m. on Saturday. 1 1/2 - 2 hours may make all of the difference in them getting back before the airport closes. It's shocking to me to see people whining about this when it's a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

Try not to be shocked if they can't predict the exact windspeed 3 days out on Saturday at 8pm. The 15 minute halftime is still silly. Start at 10:00 for all I care. I'm going whenever it starts.

Reaction Score
What if the Bulls' charter takes off right from the Rent? It'd save the 17 minute trip to BDL.
I remember the old days of F-14s and -15s leaving the Rent area full hammer

Reaction Score
A couple observations:

1. There is nothing worse than "(insert tragedy here) is bigger than (insert sport here)" guy.

2. I sure wish there was a way to accelerate the game without screwing the fans and disrupting the players. Oh wait, there is. But that would involve somebody losing money.

3. Even though I am probably going to feel bad when I am watching people die on my TV screen on Sunday, I find it preferable at this current time to simply make light of the situation. I mean, if you think about it, we only have precious few hours left to make jokes about this storm until it becomes real. I think the Hartford crowd has a great opportunity on Saturday to be very immoral while entertaining me and trying to rattle the South Florida players. If somebody close to the field could simply break into their airport voice every now and again and yell "last flight boarding," that would go a long way. I'm also all for people bringing signs with images like this featured:

c6372b0808f2f9cd502367df2b9a8d8d.jpg

Even go ahead and mix it into your designed packages if you're the coaching staff. Spattering choruses of "Irma" might not hurt. Remember what our first priority is - UConn football. Anything else is just noise. Are you with me @Chief00 ?

Reaction Score
If you want to know what difference 90 minutes makes, read this story (via Twitter) of a Delta flight that got into and out of Puerto Rico today so more people could evacuate. The plane literally flew through the bands of the storm in order to get the people out.
Similarly ballsy KLM pilot of Amsterdam to Hong Kong flight landing at HKG during recent T 10 Typhoon Hato (Asian storm T 10 classification = Category 5 western hurricane). As with the Delta crew, the KLM crew had airline and air traffic control authorization and found a gap to land.

DH4YoVgV0AAKoyE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01