Heading to lunch? Free pizza at Little Caeser's today. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Heading to lunch? Free pizza at Little Caeser's today.

Reaction Score
Greek pizza can be avoided if you follow one rule. If it doesn't have an Italian name keep driving. Names like Olympic or Athena are dead giveaways but be suspicious of any name that doesn't sound Italian. There are exceptions to be sure but you are safer if you follow the Italian name rule.
What about ambiguously ethnic names like Tommy’s? Could be Irish or Italian

And honestly some of the better Boston spots I found in my three years there were named Steve’s and Beauty’s (not that’s saying a lot; most pizza in Boston is crap)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
as long is it isnt a Greek monstrosity.

I am going to run for state representative on a 2 issue platform of legal weed (I dont puff myself, but it should still be legal ;we need the tax $), and making greek pizza illegal so it doesnt water down our state batting average.

#MCGA

We do not have Greek pizza in Pittsburgh. I've been out here 16 years now and after 10 years I managed to convince myself that I missed Greek pizza. So on a return trip I stopped in at Hope Pizza and got one. I'm good for another few years.

I'm actually OK with it once a decade but don't call it pizza either. It's gluttony. I think one could eat 3 Colony hot oil pizzas and still be short of the calories and fat in a medium Greek pizza.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I live by a simple rule: If a pizza place offers wings, you may have a shot at decent wings because a monkey could make decent wings, but you'll not find great pizza. I really haven't found exceptions to that.

Reaction Score

And honestly some of the better Boston spots I found in my three years there were named Steve’s and Beauty’s (not that’s saying a lot; most pizza in Boston is crap)
There are plenty of exceptions but if you don't know stick with Italian names. That said I once had an outstanding pizza in Manhattan at a place called Goldberg's Pizzeria. Still pizzerias with Italian names are safer unless you have other information.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Had Little Caesar’s a few times in KC when I lived there. It was much better 20 years ago than it is now. Still not good mind you, but better.

Papa Gino’s can make a nice pizza. It depends on the flunky teenager making it that day. But I’ll take it over most of the “Greek” places. The British Beer Company may make the best pizza in my town. Sad but true (except they have BOGO pizza on Tuesday). Great tap list.

Pizza Hut can also be decent, but you have to know what to order among the 3000 options. Hint: not pan. They all went out of business around here a few years back.

Reaction Score
The only good Greek pie I gave ever had was at Beverly's in Black Rock, but that one was especially good, provided you know what to order.

Reaction Score

You are not saying that Little Stevie’s is good are you?

Reaction Score
I live by a simple rule: If a pizza place offers wings, you may have a shot at decent wings because a monkey could make decent wings, but you'll not find great pizza. I really haven't found exceptions to that.
eh idk. Stanziato's in Danbury is legit and they do wings. The wings are terrible though

Reaction Score
You are not saying that Little Stevie’s is good are you?
I mean I was stoned 95% of my Boston nights when I was there as a 22-25 year old but I lived in Cambridge, Beacon Hill and Bay Village and Steve’s was up there. I’m not saying it was great, nowhere close to felcaro or Boston kitchen or Rome, but relative to a lot of other places I tried it was fine.

And I’m from New Jersey. I know pizza

Or wait is that the place I always got my slob buffalo chicken and mozzarella sticks combo... I can’t keep them straight especially now 3 years since living here

Reaction Score
I mean I was stoned 95% of my Boston nights when I was there as a 22-25 year old but I lived in Cambridge, Beacon Hill and Bay Village and Steve’s was up there. I’m not saying it was great, nowhere close to felcaro or Boston kitchen or Rome, but relative to a lot of other places I tried it was fine.

And I’m from New Jersey. I know pizza

Or wait is that the place I always got my slob buffalo chicken and mozzarella sticks combo... I can’t keep them straight especially now 3 years since living here

I always thought Pinocchio’s in Harvard Square was good - but i’m Not sure I was ever in my right head so who knows. I used to think Stevie’s was good until I had it sober. WOW is it bad.

Reaction Score
I always thought Pinocchio’s in Harvard Square was good - but i’m Not sure I was ever in my right head so who knows. I used to think Stevie’s was good until I had it sober. WOW is it bad.
Never got pizza up in Harvard. Actually didn’t go out up around there much at all to be honest and when I did it was Indian, Vietnamese, Thai, or Felipe’s

NYP easily the most overrated pie in the city that I’ve had

And the actual straight up worst I’ve had was Emilio’s from the south end. One of the only outright inedible pizzas I’ve had

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Way back in the day, there was a blizzard at UConn during spring break - two feet of snow, easily. My roommate and I normally did not plan meals more than two minutes in advance, so we were in trouble.

There was a Little Caesars across the street from EO Smith.

It was the only place in Storrs that opened that day - we took my $450 K car out because we didn’t care if we crashed it, and we bought $30 worth of Little Caesars pizza. (They had a permanent promotion back then where if you bought one, you got two - we got roughly three days’ worth of pizza.)

I don’t remember the pizza other than they were square and that the guys that opened in that blizzard were heroes.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
A friend had a 12th birthday party where we started out by making our own pizzas at Little Caesars (the "sausage" was a pink gelatinous material in a vat) and we then headed to Milford Jai-Alai, where we played jai-alai with minimal instruction and supervision. (Ah, the 80s.)

I'm not sure which was the more dangerous activity.

Reaction Score
I can't remember the last time I saw one of these buildings in Connecticut. Do they exist anymore?

pizza-hut.jpg

Reaction Score
Augie, if you want to grab a pie at Wilson Pizza Palace in Windsor, my treat and I’ll be curious to see if you’re not a Greek pie fan.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Haven't had Pizza Hut in years. Don't remember it being bad for chain pizza though.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Had pizza at Roseland in Derby one time. Easily one of the best pies I've ever had. The sauce was unbelievable.
I love the pie at Roseland. My wife hates it.
I think it's more the service she hates. If you're not among the regulars, your food will still be great, but you may grow old waiting for it.

Reaction Score
The only good Greek pie I gave ever had was at Beverly's in Black Rock, but that one was especially good, provided you know what to order.

Paradise Pizza in Stratford makes a very good Greek pizza. Been there over 50 years and is always busy.

Reaction Score
I love the pie at Roseland. My wife hates it.
I think it's more the service she hates. If you're not among the regulars, your food will still be great, but you may grow old waiting for it.
Isn't it also crazy expensive for a pizza and red sauce place in an old house in the Valley?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Haven't had Pizza Hut in years. Don't remember it being bad for chain pizza though.
It was foul. I went there with a buddy of mine and we blew off getting a sucky pizza in favor of getting subs. one of us got a meatball and the other goat a sausage sub and a pitcher of beer. I ate a little of mine and realized it sucked as my buddy asked how it was. I said pretty good, how about yours. He said good, want to swap halfs. We did, tried it and immediately realized that the other was lying his ass off. We pushed the subs away, finished the beer and left. We were probably 19,20 something like that. Not eating everything insight was unheard of, but those nasty ass subs just weren't worth it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom