Heading to lunch? Free pizza at Little Caeser's today. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Heading to lunch? Free pizza at Little Caeser's today.

Reaction Score
as long is it isnt a Greek monstrosity.

I am going to run for state representative on a platform of legal weed (I dont puff myself, but it should still be legal ;we need the tax $) and making greek pizza illegal so it doesnt water down our state batting average.

#MCGA
How about Albanian pizza? A lot of the pizza in the state is made by Albanians.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It's been many, many years, but I remember Papa Gino's being very good. Granted this was long before I had discerning tastebuds, but...

As with another poster... How the hell is Pizza Hut still in business? I get Domino's b/c it is cheap and delivery is key. It's awful, but I get that. But I don't think Pizza Hut delivers and it's gross on top of that. How is it that they are everywhere?

Pizza Hut delivers. (most, not all, but most)

and they have Wing Street!

Hut Wings are lit .

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
How about Albanian pizza? A lot of the pizza in the state is made by Albanians.

I dont care what nationality the person is making them. For example the greek pizza place down the street from my work is run by some type of South Americans. I care about them perpetuating the greek pizza disaster.

Reaction Score
as long is it isnt a Greek monstrosity.

I am going to run for state representative on a platform of legal weed (I dont puff myself, but it should still be legal ;we need the tax $) and making greek pizza illegal so it doesnt water down our state batting average.

#MCGA
Greek pizza can be avoided if you follow one rule. If it doesn't have an Italian name keep driving. Names like Olympic or Athena are dead giveaways but be suspicious of any name that doesn't sound Italian. There are exceptions to be sure but you are safer if you follow the Italian name rule.

Reaction Score
I dont care what nationality the person is making them. For example the greek pizza place down the street from my work is run by some type of South Americans. I care about them perpetuating the greek pizza disaster.
You ever get down with deep dish?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
You ever get down with deep dish?

I do.

I actually enjoy the Casserole plate when Im in Chicago. Its not really Pizza, but its tasty. I love how they use an entire disk of Sausage in in the Pie so there is not even a millimeter of a bite that doesnt have Sausage in it.

Was at Lou Malnatis this past summer. Was great.

In Michigan where I work there is a place that makes an out fricking standing deep dish. Like better than all but a couple/few I had in Chicago.

Reaction Score
I do.

I actually enjoy the Casserole plate when Im in Chicago. Its not really Pizza, but its tasty. I love how they use an entire disk of Sausage in in the Pie so there is not even a millimeter of a bite that doesnt have Sausage in it.

In Michigan where I work there is a place that makes an out fricking standing deep dish. Like better than all but a couple/few I had in Chicago.
Yep, it's not pizza but it can be pretty damn good.

Reaction Score
Is Papa Gino's still around CT.? I always thought that was by far the best chain pizza back in the day, I legit thought it was pretty good.
I have never been to one. None in this part of the state. If I'm really desperate I'll get a slice at Costco but that's the lowest I'll stoop. It's typically pretty good but is sometimes undercooked

Reaction Score
Is Papa Gino's still around CT.? I always thought that was by far the best chain pizza back in the day, I legit thought it was pretty good.

One up by Bradley airport next to the Bradley Bowl.

Reaction Score
Before UConn renovated the Student Union there was a small Papa Gino's where you could get small personal pizzas to go with points. It was run by the same dining services people that ran Bookworms and the other cafes on campus.

Reaction Score
I do.

Downstairs at Gino's on Rush is good too.

Reaction Score
The Church's Chicken of pizza

Never have and never will, as someone said, debase myself by eating that crap. One of the few places where even on commercials you can tell the product is awful

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There's one up near Bradley still. I like their cheese.

Reaction Score
One up by Bradley airport next to the Bradley Bowl.

A thousand years ago I used to go to the one at the New London Mall which may or not still exist (the mall and pizza). Wasn't there one at that sketchy Eastbrook Mall thing near UConn? That was the last time I had it.

AW, I know your taste buds are well, special, but you really get down with Pizza Hut wings? I feel like the only time I've done the Hut was when they had the pizza buffet when I was in high school. Even then it was purely the spirit of competition and not taste that fueled the trip.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Hut wingz bro! Clip the coupon!

O17z50h.jpg

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I have a general rule for stopping at unknown pizza places. It has worked flawlessly in CT.
Choose one that has a neon sign spelling out APIZZA.
That's it. Beyond that, you're on your own

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I see their commercials but have maybe only seen a single restaurant in all of CT.
There's one in Derby. Kid of behind Taco Bell on Division St.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
There's one in Derby. Kid of behind Taco Bell on Division St.
Had pizza at Roseland in Derby one time. Easily one of the best pies I've ever had. The sauce was unbelievable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom