Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins

Reaction Score
Isn’t that what people around here want? A winning football team?
Yes, but not at the cost of hiring a coach that enables sexual assault.

I'm very much of the frame of mind that we can win with Edsall if the school actually invests and puts in the effort other schools do. If we actually pay assistants consistent with other schools at our level and start laxing admissions (like most major universities do) for student athletes, we could easily be an 8 to 10 win program every year. Hell look at what Schiano did this season with Rutgers. They look like a completely different team.

Reaction Score

I know assistants bounce around all the time, but since Diaco was fired from UConn, hes worked with four teams in four years. Kind of crazy that he has not been able to stick around for more than one year.

Reaction Score
I know assistants bounce around all the time, but since Diaco was fired from UConn, hes worked with four teams in four years. Kind of crazy that he has not been able to stick around for more than one year.
It speaks more to how crazy being a college football assistant coach is.

2017: Nebraska: DC. Head coach fired at end of season, so Diaco let go.
2018: Oklahoma: Hired as defensive analyst, then promoted to OLB coach mid season. Left to become a DC again.
2019: Louisiana Tech: DC and had a very successful year.
2020: Purdue: DC. Defense was too passive so let go.

Diaco has been a successful DC at multiple locations, so he can do the job and somebody will hire him.

Reaction Score
It speaks more to how crazy being a college football assistant coach is.

2017: Nebraska: DC. Head coach fired at end of season, so Diaco let go.
2018: Oklahoma: Hired as defensive analyst, then promoted to OLB coach mid season. Left to become a DC again.
2019: Louisiana Tech: DC and had a very successful year.
2020: Purdue: DC. Defense was too passive so let go.

Diaco has been a successful DC at multiple locations, so he can do the job and somebody will hire him.

I don’t wish anyone I’ll will. I hope he lands somewhere and can be successful.

But .......

The D at Nebraska was historically bad (ok,maybe not UConn bad, but horrific)

The D at OU was not much better

Wish him well, but let’s not pretend he’s been successful lately.

Reaction Score
Great way for him to invest that $5 Million we paid him to leave here....He's doing good.... NO, he's doing GREAT financially....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom