Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins

Reaction Score
How much left on Frost or Herman's contracts if they are let go? Honestly not sure Nebraska can do any better than Frost anyway. I'd take him all day long here.

Reaction Score
How much left on Frost or Herman's contracts if they are let go? Honestly not sure Nebraska can do any better than Frost anyway. I'd take him all day long here.

$15m+ for Herman.

Reaction Score
That’s crazy to me. Texas has to be one of the best jobs in the country with resources and fertile recruiting area.

If he doesn't want the Texas job that tells me he either wants a shot at the NFL, or has no desire to coach anymore. It doesn't get much better than Texas in CFB.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If he doesn't want the Texas job that tells me he either wants a shot at the NFL, or has no desire to coach anymore. It doesn't get much better than Texas in CFB.
There are a lot of reasons why a coach with his credentials would not take a job. I don't think you can assume if he doesn't take the Texas job there he wouldn't take any other college job.

I agree the Texas job is a great job, but maybe he didn't click with the AD. Maybe he doesn't like the power of the boosters. Maybe his wife doesn't want to live in Austin. Maybe he doesn't want to be the reason his former OC is fired.

There could be a myriad of reasons why this didn't happen. Meyer doesn't need to sacrifice anything for his next job. He isn't a young guy. If it isn't perfect...he won't take the job.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I find it hard to believe Campbell wouldn't take the Michigan job if offered, either this season or next. He'd hit Ohio recruiting hard, which would hurt us quite a bit tbh.

Honestly, if Fickell wasn't so deep trenched in Ohio, he'd take that job in a heartbeat too. Thankfully for us, he's an Ohio State guy at heart (just puked).

Reaction Score
I find it hard to believe Campbell wouldn't take the Michigan job if offered, either this season or next. He'd hit Ohio recruiting hard, which would hurt us quite a bit tbh.

Honestly, if Fickell wasn't so deep trenched in Ohio, he'd take that job in a heartbeat too. Thankfully for us, he's an Ohio State guy at heart (just puked).

If Campbell is going to compete with Osu, he's going to have to recruit a lot bigger circle than Ohio. I'd still bet on Fickell to get his share of Osu's non tenders. Michigan will always be a dirty word in a lot of Ohio households. It's probably as easy now to get the Nfl thru Cincy as it is Michigan, in fact i've seen the Hudson kid who left Michigan for Cincy getting Nfl eyes lately.

Reaction Score
If Fickell leaves Cincy in a few years for the OSU job, look for Urban Meyer to return to his alma mater.

Reaction Score
Urban Meyer had a bad relationship with Tom Herman at the end and thought Herman was media source for a lot of the stories that came out about OSU assistant Zach Smith abusing his wife.

I can easily see Urb relishing opportunity to meet with UT Pres and AD just to let Herman twist in the wind.

kobe

Reaction Score
If Fickell leaves Cincy in a few years for the OSU job, look for Urban Meyer to return to his alma mater.
Oh God, that would be ridiculous. It's more likely that Marcus Freeman would get the job. He's a stud.

Reaction Score
Oh God, that would be ridiculous. It's more likely that Marcus Freeman would get the job. He's a stud.

Kobe reading these commitment updates he(Urban) likely would not hurt for talent the way Fickell is reeling them in. This is his 3rd 4 star in the past month. There's chatter on the recruiting boards he may reel in some more. With the exception of Osu, he's forcing these other b10 schools into their own little crying game.

kobe

Reaction Score
Kobe reading these commitment updates he(Urban) likely would not hurt for talent the way Fickell is reeling them in. This is his 3rd 4 star in the past month. There's chatter on the recruiting boards he may reel in some more. With the exception of Osu, he's forcing these other b10 schools into their own little crying game.

Yeah, the class of 2022 is shaping up to be incredible for Fickell. Thus far he's nailed local recruiting but now we're starting to land 4-star and high 3-star kids from outside of the state. Melvin Jordan a 4-star from Florida and Randy Masters a high 3-star from Texas.

It's just remarkable what's he and his staff are doing. Typically, successful G5 programs run a hurry up spread offense to try and mitigate the talent difference. With the talent he's bringing in, we really don't even need to do that to be competitive.

Reaction Score
And Major Applewhite most likely OC. While we sit here twiddling our thumbs with RE. What an embarrassment a school like Arkansas St can run circles around us.
All because RE thinks so highly of himself.

That Nick Saban Coaching Rehab Clinic works wonders. Perhaps we should get our next hire from there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom