Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
He left for an NFL job which most definitely paid more. I'd say he was a better OC the Guifre. That's why I say bring him back.
It's who you have as personnel and where they are in their development. I thought the offense was better under giufre quite frankly

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
As a Jets fan...as much as the season sucked, the tight ends were one of the worst parts of the team...and that's what Dunn coached. One of the biggest mysteries is what happened to Herndon. Husky Griffin had a worse season in 2020 versus 2019

I don't thing Dunn is a hot property right now.

Reaction Score
As a Jets fan...as much as the season sucked, the tight ends were one of the worst parts of the team...and that's what Dunn coached. One of the biggest mysteries is what happened to Herndon. Husky Griffin had a worse season in 2020 versus 2019

Adam Gase is what happened. When he was in Miami, the story is that Mike Gesicki had to resort to sending his game films back to Penn State in an effort to get any feedback on how to get better. When Gase was sent packing, Gesicki went from looking like a bust to looking like a pretty good player. I have a feeling the Jets tight end situation will suddenly improve now.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Adam Gase is what happened. When he was in Miami, the story is that Mike Gesicki had to resort to sending his game films back to Penn State in an effort to get any feedback on how to get better. When Gase was sent packing, Gesicki went from looking like a bust to looking like a pretty good player. I have a feeling the Jets tight end situation will suddenly improve now.
Ryan tannehill is another good example.

But....Dunn still has Gase stink on him.

Reaction Score
Gase's gas will most definitely stink with the meals he can afford now. Reminds me of Diaco.

The father of USF Bulls football, Jim Levitt, will now coach as DC against his former school as a member of Sonny Dyke's staff at SMU.

Reaction Score
UCF could have the pieces in place with a good coach.. Renewed energy, recruiting uptick in a recruit-rich state. And with Miami and FSU in the rebuild process.

Reaction Score
This looks like a good hire for UCF. He should be able to get the athletes he needs to run his offense. He could actually be better than Heupel.

He is better than Heupel. Amazing hire for UCF, their fans must be giddy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I agree Jets tight ends were terrible this year but IMO it was a talent issue not Dunn's fault. Griffin was a huge positive last year and earned a contract extension then immediately injured his ankle and was never close to 100 percent this year. Herndon seems to have lost his athleticism and confidence without the steroids. I expect the Jets to draft a TE this spring.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I agree Jets tight ends were terrible this year but IMO it was a talent issue not Dunn's fault. Griffin was a huge positive last year and earned a contract extension then immediately injured his ankle and was never close to 100 percent this year. Herndon seems to have lost his athleticism and confidence without the steroids. I expect the Jets to draft a TE this spring.
Herndon steroids? Did something happen I don't know about?

Reaction Score
UCF has really killed it with there last few hires. Malzhan's offense will thrive there. That's pretty exciting for them

Reaction Score
Herndon steroids? Did something happen I don't know about

My bad, Herndon was suspended the first 4 games last year due to drunk driving. I got it confused with Nathan Shepherd's PED suspension over the same time frame. Not sure why Herndon has been terrible two years in a row, maybe Dunn does stink.

Reaction Score
I think he may have an easier time recruiting and winning in FL than he did here in AL. There are certainly more top programs in FL but the recruiting base is much bigger. Here in AL, Bama and Saban suck all the energy out of the environment.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UCF has really killed it with there last few hires. Malzhan's offense will thrive there. That's pretty exciting for them

UCF knows what UConn doesn't. Head coaches aren't forever. You hire the best person knowing their success will lead the coach to be poached by higher level programs.

Schools need to hire the best coach hoping they get poached in a few years. That means they are successful.

Reaction Score
UCF knows what UConn doesn't. Head coaches aren't forever. You hire the best person knowing their success will lead the coach to be poached by higher level programs.

Schools need to hire the best coach hoping they get poached in a few years. That means they are successful.
Cincinnati has had one bad hire since 2004 in Tuberville. It's crazy how success comes when you know how the business side of things work

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom