Hawkins injury update? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Hawkins injury update?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We couldve used him this year to give cole a blow.
Yep, but the move to Wichita state was good for him. Fresh start, less pressure, and I’m pretty sure they won a conference championship.

Reaction Score
There were a couple of those in the last few games of last season:cool:

In this case of A Hawk - if there is any way that Hawk should have known what was going on behind him without having eyes in the back of his head, please let us all know.
Sanogo should have let him know yes, I do feel that the injury was avoidable though.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yep, but the move to Wichita state was good for him. Fresh start, less pressure, and I’m pretty sure they won a conference championship.

He still had a year of eligibility after witchita

Reaction Score
Sanogo should have let him know yes, I do feel that the injury was avoidable though.
In all fairness to Sanogo and out of curiosity, do we know that Sanogo didn't say anything? CU was up by 12, Sanogo was almost half court away, and their center is setting a pick 60' from the rim. Totally unexpected in that situation.

Reaction Score
In all fairness to Sanogo and out of curiosity, do we know that Sanogo didn't say anything? CU was up by 12, Sanogo was almost half court away, and their center is setting a pick 60' from the rim. Totally unexpected in that situation.
That’s right, if it were a job situation, in the accident report Sanogo would’ve had to say that he was on the other side of the building and didn’t see the accident.

Reaction Score
All this and also Sanogo shouldve been persona non grata in locker room after game. That was his call. In fairness to Adama, that stuff happens, everyone makes mistakes, but it can only happen once, you learn in a hurry to call out screens to protect teammates.
I seem to remember the replay showing Adama looking backward (the direction he was running to defend) at that moment.

Reaction Score
Hong Kong Phooey. Players get knocked over all the time due to charges. Haven't you ever seen Shane Floppier play? He could just as easily let the impact knock him backwards. In fact, watch Kalk actually lean forward in anticipation of contact. He had to move forward in order to not get knocked backwards.
he's supposed to allow himself to fall down and take himself out of the play? this is a really dumb take. he's not taking a charge, he's setting a pick. He did everything right. Sanogo did not. Unfortunately Hawkins got hurt as a result. Move on.

Reaction Score
Will just say we agree on Sanogo's responsibility as I had mentioned previously. Context-- Rarely do you see contact on picks in the backcourt vs in the frontcourt running offensive sets. It was a great pick set up by the ballhandler.

Peripheral vision is an asset for a defender. Tough to miss a 7'2" dude alone in the middle of the floor- I'll leave it at that and hope Hawk can do his thing for the team by the start of the BET. His contributions are invaluable to our future successes.
It's easy to miss anything when it's behind you.

Reaction Score
I had a feeling he wasn’t playing against DePaul, cross our fingers he is feeling well first most importantly and can play in BET.

Reaction Score
That’s right, if it were a job situation, in the accident report Sanogo would’ve had to say that he was on the other side of the building and didn’t see the accident.

@Umami Zen

Sanogo was 20 feet away WATCHING the play. Kalkbrenner was behind Hawkins making it impossible for him to use his peripheral vision.

2E4BE708-137F-4284-865B-9F47AC654C4D.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Probably less then a 50% chance he plays in BET
that's fine. get the kid ready for the big dance. i can't wait to see who plays e. region here in philly

Reaction Score
Evaluated? He was 100% out of it, wobbling and probably talking gibberish. 2-4 weeks, maybe more.

Should get a CAT scan, dangerous stuff here.

My credentials- I slept at a Holiday Inn last night.
I never realized we have so many Doctors on the boneyard. I guess wobbling is a medical term.

Reaction Score
@Umami Zen

Sanogo was 20 feet away WATCHING the play. Kalkbrenner was behind Hawkins making it impossible for him to use his peripheral vision.

View attachment 73970
Last comment. .You and I don't disagree on Sanogo.. If you've ever played the game--You're always looking for picks as a defender as you move up court defending the ballhandler. I am truly sorry that Hawk got picked off and apparently suffered an injury as a result of the contact on the pick. It was a basketball play made all the time. -Most defenders avoid the contact in the backcourt.

Its history. It happened. Let's get Hawk back for the BET.As a former D-1 football player with concussion familiarity. I feel for him. OK?

Reaction Score
The pick that Kalkbrenner set was a legitimate basketball play. I seriously doubt coach McDermott intended any harm to our player by having his beanpole Center set a pick. I'm quite certain Jake Voskuhl set a number of similar picks, and he wasn't thin like Kalkbrenner. There was nothing egregious about this play, however, the combination of what happened to Hawkins in the previous game combined with this collision resulted in repeated trauma to his head. Certainly unfortunate, but not something that you would ever retaliate for.
Kalkbrenner was skinny as a freshman. He's no beanpole now. He must have put on about 30+ pounds over the summer.

Reaction Score
Kalkbrenner was skinny as a freshman. He's no beanpole now. He must have put on about 30+ pounds over the summer.
Not that I 100% believe the heights and weights on a school's website, but last year they listed him at 235 pounds and this year 256. So 30 could be a good guess.

Reaction Score
If a team is not calling out screens as a team philosophy than that's on the coaching staff. If that's the case than you don't put a player who may have sufferend a concussion a few days before, especially a potential future star on the court in that situation. If it's a player who just doesn't call out screens, than the big guy should be benched immeaditely to send him a message. (He should also cover his teammates 'suicides' for the next few practices and carry his injured teammates books around campus for a week) I bet he calls out the next screen.

Reaction Score
If a team is not calling out screens as a team philosophy than that's on the coaching staff. If that's the case than you don't put a player who may have sufferend a concussion a few days before, especially a potential future star on the court in that situation. If it's a player who just doesn't call out screens, than the big guy should be benched immeaditely to send him a message. (He should also cover his teammates 'suicides' for the next few practices and carry his injured teammates books around campus for a week) I bet he calls out the next screen.
No team has a philosophy of not calling out screens. He should of called it out. They should have also Chief’d em

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom