Hawkins injury update? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hawkins injury update?

Reaction Score
Evaluated? He was 100% out of it, wobbling and probably talking gibberish. 2-4 weeks, maybe more.

Should get a CAT scan, dangerous stuff here.

My credentials- I slept at a Holiday Inn last night.
You'd be even smarter if it was a Holiday Inn Express..........

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
You can get a concussion from a whiplash.
Agreed. I just find it suprising that for a collision of such significant magnitude, Kalkbrenner appears absolutely unscathed. No wincing, no favoring, nada. Anyone who's taken a head to the chest knows it's not pleasant. Hawkins appears to collide with him at an angle, with the impact being the side of his head rather than the crown like I initially thought. So, a sort of whiplash effect may be what occurred here. Along with everyone else, we just want Jordan to be well and to fully recover before he sees the hardwood again.

Reaction Score
To paraphrase our eternal leader, Fishy:

Trainer, "Jordan, Jordan are you allright?"

Jordan, : ? My first name name is Jordan?"

Fishy's Rodney post is too classic and needs to be revived. . Wonder if the big fish is actually still flopping?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I won’t call Hawkins soft but there are injuries that irk you a little more then others. For instance a baseball player getting hurt by rounding the bases.

In general people who get hurt by not paying attention is annoying as well. I knew someone who hurt themselves tripping over a pallet, I felt bad but it’s like come on man watch where your going.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Agreed. I just find it suprising that for a collision of such significant magnitude, Kalkbrenner appears absolutely unscathed. No wincing, no favoring, nada. Anyone who's taken a head to the chest knows it's not pleasant.
One of them was expecting the impact and bracing for it; the other was not. Try that experiment and see how it affects your stability.

Kalkbrenner was able to absorb the impact and move his feet and body backwards to soften the blow to him.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I won’t call Hawkins soft but there are injuries that irk you a little more then others. For instance a baseball player getting hurt by rounding the bases.

In general people who get hurt by not paying attention is annoying as well. I knew someone who hurt themselves tripping over a pallet, I felt bad but it’s like come on man watch where your going.
Now I've seen everything.

Well, almost. I suppose the next level is calling it a foul on Hawkins.

Reaction Score

Are you blaming him for running into a 7 footer while defending?

Because it was 100% Sanogo's fault for not calling out the pick.

Reaction Score
One of them was expecting the impact and bracing for it; the other was not. Try that experiment and see how it affects your stability.

Kalkbrenner was able to absorb the impact and move his feet and body backwards to soften the blow to him.
Not to be picky, and I’m a lawyer and not a physicist, but I’m fairly certain that your theory is dead wrong as a matter of physics. The force of impact is what it is. And while it is lessened by one side being able to move away from the contact, that lessens the force of impact for both sides. There is no such thing as one side lessening the force of contact for it by moving backward without it lessening the force of contact for the other side as well.

What is true is that Kalkbrenner was prepared for handling the contact and Hawkins wasn’t.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

This won the Celtics the 84 Finals.

Rambis was one of the dirtiest players out there.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not to be picky, and I’m a lawyer and not a physicist, but I’m fairly certain that your theory is dead wrong as a matter of physics. The force of impact is what it is. And while it is lessened by one side being able to move away from the contact, that lessens the force of impact for both sides. There is no such thing as one side lessening the force of contact for it by moving backward without it lessening the force of contact for the other side as well.

What is true is that Kalkbrenner was prepared for handling the contact and Hawkins wasn’t.
I'm no physicist either and likely phrased it wrong, but what I was getting at was the effect on Kalkbrenner's balance, which seemed to be the point of the post to which I was responding, i.e., that Kalkbrenner was able to recover from it better that Hawkins.

My point was that because Kalkbrenner was expecting it, he was able to both brace for it and move his feet to absorb it and keep his balance; whereas Hawkins crumpled to the ground.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Clicked on this to find any educated information on our boy this morning. Still none I see.

Edit: should of know better.

Someone is going to be offended by this take and leave you a dislike

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Now I've seen everything.

Well, almost. I suppose the next level is calling it a foul on Hawkins.
Obviously a flagrant two, tried to plow through the screener

Reaction Score

He's also like twice the size of Hawkins.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

I would never want to argue with a lawyer on any topic but here goes!! If you agree that every action has an equal and opposite reaction if a moving object (Jordan) hits an immovable object (Kalkbrenner) a larger percentage of of the reaction is absorbed by the moving object. Hence we put plastic barrels of sand in front cement walls bordering highways to absorb the blow of a moving car. Kalkbrenner wisely put two fisted hands in front of his gonads basically acting as sand barrels to absorb some of the blow but for the most part didn't move , hence Jordan absorbed the larger percentage of the opposite reaction.

Reaction Score
I would never want to argue with a lawyer on any topic but here goes!! If you agree that every action has an equal and opposite reaction if a moving object (Jordan) hits an immovable object (Kalkbrenner) a larger percentage of of the reaction is absorbed by the moving object. Hence we put plastic barrels of sand in front cement walls bordering highways to absorb the blow of a moving car. Kalkbrenner wisely put two fisted hands in front of his gonads basically acting as sand barrels to absorb some of the blow but for the most part didn't move , hence Jordan absorbed the larger percentage of the opposite reaction.
As far as physics goes, @businesslawyer is exactly correct. Whatever force one object experiences is equally experienced by the other object in the collision. But that only addresses the force. Inertia plays an important role in this case, because of the significant difference in mass between the two "objects". Finally, and probably most importantly, this is not a collision between billiard balls. The impact occurred between two radically different-sized and -shaped sacks of meat. While it's of course true that simple physics describes what happens in such a collision, the physiology of the colliders and the exact circumstances of the impact play a much more relevant role than the masses and velocities.

Reaction Score

Oh my goodness, what is your point?

Reaction Score

Exactly. It's like when I tell you to puch me in the stomach and I brace for it. I'm ready, and your fist will be sore. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom