Hawkins assigned to G-League 12/28 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Hawkins assigned to G-League 12/28

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
She was going for "Hawk" I guess.
Ahhh…was thinking “the eagle has landed” but maybe I just know my birds. Her team is named for a bird, she may need a refresher.

Reaction Score
Ahhh…was thinking “the eagle has landed” but maybe I just know my birds. Her team is named for a bird, she may need a refresher.
Sometimes people choose emojis that don't make sense for the recipient because of differences between emoji art with different carriers... but I'm pretty sure all the eagle emojis are pretty clearly eagles.

Reaction Score
I love the team. I’ve been on this board for 4 national championships. I’m just being honest. Amazing shooter. Isn’t a finished product. Isn’t an efficient player. I think putting him through some adversity is a good thing for him. He won’t fold like Bouk. He’ll take it personal and work his butt off and toughen up.

Right. What I was saying is your “least efficient” thing is wrong - they can measure these things - and I flat out don’t believe your story about people telling you his parents coddled him. It’s like saying “yeah a lot of people told me Dan Hurley and his brother were coddled by Bob Sr.” It’s absurd. Ask anyone at DeMatha about Jordan and his family. (By the way, there are far worse defensive players currently on the NO roster. The take on Jordan from NBA people in the know is that he’s not Gary Payton but he’s far from a terrible defensive player and has the room to grow into a pretty good one.)

So again, I just find it weird that people bend over backwards and make things up to on kids that come thru the program. But it’s a free country.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Right. What I was saying is your “least efficient” thing is wrong - they can measure these things - and I flat out don’t believe your story about people telling you his parents coddled him. It’s like saying “yeah a lot of people told me Dan Hurley and his brother were coddled by Bob Sr.” It’s absurd. Ask anyone at DeMatha about Jordan and his family. (By the way, there are far worse defensive players currently on the NO roster. The take on Jordan from NBA people in the know is that he’s not Gary Payton but he’s far from a terrible defensive player and has the room to grow into a pretty good one.)

So again, I just find it weird that people bend over backwards and make things up to on kids that come thru the program. But it’s a free country.
I love Jordan, but sometimes I question if you believe these things you say without proof or do you just say them to defend the program.

The numbers do actually say Hawk is bottom 2 least efficient players in the rotation. Where are you seeing otherwise?

The one area he is doing well is defense, his rating is the best in the lineup. I’m confused where you are seeing he’s an efficient player though.

Reaction Score
I love Jordan, but sometimes I question if you believe these things you say without proof or do you just say them to defend the program.

The numbers do actually say Hawk is bottom 2 least efficient players in the rotation. Where are you seeing otherwise?

The one area he is doing well is defense, his rating is the best in the lineup. I’m confused where you are seeing he’s an efficient player though.

Perfect. Listen, I’m sure you’re a good dude but I find your posts about UConn’s roster, player development, Hurley’s coaching, what Calhoun did versus Hurley, etc. to be so incredibly bizarre that I’ve got no interest in taking this any further. Enjoy the weekend.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Numbers need context.

Because the majority of his minutes have come with the Pelicans best players off the court vs. on with him and for some reason the majority of games he's started has been against playoff caliber teams (and often on the road).

Here are the teams he's started against:

@Nuggets
@Thunder
@Timberwolves
Timberwolves
Mavericks
Warriors
@jazz
@Rockets
Pistons

6 of the 9 are against top 6 teams + Warriors, 2 of the remaining 3 on the road.

In the 9 games, the team was missing one of McCollum, Zion, or Ingram in every game and 4/9 they were missing 2. Ingram missed 3 of them, Zion for 4 of them, and McCollum for 6 of them. Herb Jones also missed 3 of the 9. Trey Murphy didn't play in any of the 9. Alvarado missed 8 and Naji 7 of the 9.

Valanciunas and Dyson Daniels are the only guy to play all 9 with him. Matt Ryan and Larry Nance played in 8, Kira Lewis in 7.

So of what appears to be the main healthy 9 man rotation (Zion, Ingram, McCollum, Valanciunas, Jones, Murphy, Alvarado, Marshall, Daniels) they missed a combined 40 of the 81 combined possible games. So he was playing with essentially half the team's talent in his starts.

Hawkins was -69 in those 9 games and +1 in all other 18 games when he came off the bench. He shot 33% from 3 when forced into being a starter and 39.2% when as a non-garbage time reserve.

Reaction Score
A little adversity may be good for him. I spoke with some people who felt he has coddled by his parents throughout his career might not be ready. Needs to add some weight in the off-season, I don’t think he can defend at a NBA level right now. Also needs to keep working on his ball handling, i’d make him the g league point guard and force him to get better. I don’t see where he “lit it up” he was the least efficient offensive player they had.
I dont think you could be any more wrong wit the “coddled” take, wrong family for that

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Numbers need context.

Because the majority of his minutes have come with the Pelicans best players off the court vs. on with him and for some reason the majority of games he's started has been against playoff caliber teams (and often on the road).

Here are the teams he's started against:

@Nuggets
@Thunder
@Timberwolves
Timberwolves
Mavericks
Warriors
@jazz
@Rockets
Pistons

6 of the 9 are against top 6 teams + Warriors, 2 of the remaining 3 on the road.

In the 9 games, the team was missing one of McCollum, Zion, or Ingram in every game and 4/9 they were missing 2. Ingram missed 3 of them, Zion for 4 of them, and McCollum for 6 of them. Herb Jones also missed 3 of the 9. Trey Murphy didn't play in any of the 9. Alvarado missed 8 and Naji 7 of the 9.

Valanciunas and Dyson Daniels are the only guy to play all 9 with him. Matt Ryan and Larry Nance played in 8, Kira Lewis in 7.

So of what appears to be the main healthy 9 man rotation (Zion, Ingram, McCollum, Valanciunas, Jones, Murphy, Alvarado, Marshall, Daniels) they missed a combined 40 of the 81 combined possible games. So he was playing with essentially half the team's talent in his starts.

Hawkins was -69 in those 9 games and +1 in all other 18 games when he came off the bench. He shot 33% from 3 when forced into being a starter and 39.2% when as a non-garbage time reserve.
That’s fine. BigM said that the numbers didn’t say that when they did though and that the guy was straight up wrong. I was wondering where he got that from.

He has a tendency to try and call people out with nothing to back it up and I just wanted to see if he actually saw that wasn’t true or if he was just saying it to say it. It gets tiring in some cases.

Based on your response that didn’t show otherwise but just tried to provide context, it seems like the guy was indeed right by saying he’s not efficient.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Love seeing Hawkins perform. I thought it was crazy they sent him down, so checked the advanced stats. Not so crazy. VORP is worst on the Pels. BPM is -3.5. Seems clear he needs to do more than score.

Reaction Score
Your post unintentionally proves my point, and at the sane time completely misses the original point.
I love when people say these types of things but don't make any effort to show how.

caw

Reaction Score
Love seeing Hawkins perform. I thought it was crazy they sent him down, so checked the advanced stats. Not so crazy. VORP is worst on the Pels. BPM is -3.5. Seems clear he needs to do more than score.

He actually was, before the benching, near the top of the Pels list for "hockey assists" meaning he moves the ball well also. For a team that is often iso heavy that is pretty important. Not saying he should get playing time over CJ, et al, but he does more than just shoot threes. Like Andre he brought some good non-countable stuff to the game.

I believe I wrote before he still is the leader in corner threes taken and made which brings a different gravity than the top of the key ones CJ and Trey take. Though that is not saying CJ and Trey can't take and make those, but the coaches don't run plays for them to do so often.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just saw this about the Pels earlier today "That process gets harder if three of the crunch-time five are non-threats from deep."

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
A little adversity may be good for him. I spoke with some people who felt he has coddled by his parents throughout his career might not be ready. Needs to add some weight in the off-season, I don’t think he can defend at a NBA level right now. Also needs to keep working on his ball handling, i’d make him the g league point guard and force him to get better. I don’t see where he “lit it up” he was the least efficient offensive player they had.
Wrong
Ive followed Hawk since he was a sophomore in Baltimore and have spoken to his parents but don't know them.
I do know a few who grew up around Hawk and while he was/is protected by his parents he wasn't coddled.
His father worked him hard.

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
Wrong
Ive followed Hawk since he was a sophomore in Baltimore and have spoken to his parents but don't know them.
I do know a few who grew up around Hawk and while he was/is protected by his parents he wasn't coddled.
His father worked him hard.

I mean even without knowing them I saw the piece done about Hawk during the tournament. When you compare your father to Dan Hurley and say their similarities are why you chose to play for Hurley, I doubt you were coddled.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I mean even without knowing them I saw the piece done about Hawk during the tournament. When you compare your father to Dan Hurley and say their similarities are why you chose to play for Hurley, I doubt you were coddled.
Just another example of talking out of one's ass.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom