Hawkins assigned to G-League 12/28 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hawkins assigned to G-League 12/28

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
OMG can’t imagine you guys if your kid doesn’t get to play quarterback. He is not and should not get playing time over Trey Murphy, Naji Marshall, or Jose Alvarado this season. All are better defenders, Murphy has been BALLING as of late, Naji can guard wings and switch everything, and Jose can run point as a defensive ace. Bench Daniels? Sure, Hawk deserves that. But if that’s the only guy in his way things will work themselves out. He will be FINE. The hysteria….
Murphy - yes, I agree if we are talking Small Fwrds. But he may not be with NO by the trade deadline- the Bucks have been looking at him
The rest - Hawk doesn't have to take a back seat to Marshall or Alvarado

Reaction Score
Every life move is an opportunity if you take advantage of it.
1. He i obviously an NBA type player that’s a given , who’s being paid the same regardless of where he is playing.
2. NO is in a stretch where they really don’t need him So he would be seeing minimal minutes
3. He has aspects of his game like all rookies that need to be worked on. Even MJ was a go to his right only player as a rookie.
4. In basketball there is no place like real games to acquire those skills you need for long team success.
5. If the G league serves any purpose it’s the best place to do that because it’s within a team’s coaching structure or at least should be.
6.If he looks as an opportunity to improve he will be back sooner than than later even if it’s just to showcase him for a trade .

Reaction Score
A little adversity may be good for him. I spoke with some people who felt he has coddled by his parents throughout his career might not be ready. Needs to add some weight in the off-season, I don’t think he can defend at a NBA level right now. Also needs to keep working on his ball handling, i’d make him the g league point guard and force him to get better. I don’t see where he “lit it up” he was the least efficient offensive player they had.

I know every fan base has this but it always surprises me when people make things up - in this case both stats and anecdotes - to run down a UConn player.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Please name the minimum 2 players you've seen who have transferred over and over at the slightest adversity.
Richard Lagow and Elena Delle Donne?

(I don't have a dog in this hunt, think both sides are being a little reactionary and don't particularly care about the topic. Still, a question is a question and begs an answer.)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
OMG can’t imagine you guys if your kid doesn’t get to play quarterback. He is not and should not get playing time over Trey Murphy, Naji Marshall, or Jose Alvarado this season. All are better defenders, Murphy has been BALLING as of late, Naji can guard wings and switch everything, and Jose can run point as a defensive ace. Bench Daniels? Sure, Hawk deserves that. But if that’s the only guy in his way things will work themselves out. He will be FINE. The hysteria….
"OMG" at the beginning of your post strikes me as being OTT if not a bit hysterical. The remainder of your post I found substantive and worth the read. Actually not criticizing you concerning your exasperation. Just seems to fit the expression we dislike what we are.

Reaction Score
In addition, you allegedly root for a team who had a kid transfer in from VT and in the middle of a title run everyone knew was leaving over playing time and is now on his 3rd school in 3 years.

There are 600 kids in the football transfer portal.

But yea @Hans Sprungfeld no one is quitting and transferring when faced with adversity in their current situation.
It seems like you are the one that doesn't follow college sports. Most of those in the transfer portal are chasing the bag, something that has been done for generations and generations. College athletes these days face 10x the scrutiny of years past so calling them soft means calling previous generations even softer

Reaction Score
It seems like you are the one that doesn't follow college sports. Most of those in the transfer portal are chasing the bag, something that has been done for generations and generations. College athletes these days face 10x the scrutiny of years past so calling them soft means calling previous generations even softer
Your post unintentionally proves my point, and at the sane time completely misses the original point.

Reaction Score
Your post unintentionally proves my point, and at the sane time completely misses the original point.
Dawg you're claiming people are transferring because they can't handle adversity, I'm saying they're transferring for money. Seems like you are the one that has forgotten your original point

Reaction Score
Dawg you're claiming people are transferring because they can't handle adversity, I'm saying they're transferring for money. Seems like you are the one that has forgotten your original point
Dawg, the original point was about Hawkins demanding a trade.

Dawg, if you think what will be 700 kids are transferring because of money you're clueless about NIL and about the recent changes in transferring rules.

But good insight dawg.

Reaction Score
Dawg, the original point was about Hawkins demanding a trade.

Dawg, if you think what will be 700 kids are transferring because of money you're clueless about NIL and about the recent changes in transferring rules.

But good insight dawg.

You realize he didn't actually demand a trade? You're just ranting about "kids these days" based upon someone thinking out loud on this board? You're the guy that has no qualms about 50 year old coaches chasing money and leaving kids high and dry but it absolutely tears you up when an 18 year old does it. nO lOyAlTy.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
In addition, you allegedly root for a team who had a kid transfer in from VT and in the middle of a title run everyone knew was leaving over playing time and is now on his 3rd school in 3 years.

There are 600 kids in the football transfer portal.

But yea @Hans Sprungfeld no one is quitting and transferring when faced with adversity in their current situation.
I pretty much quoted your exact language to highlight how untenable your characterizations were. As such, I don't have to "wake up," because I know how to read.

If your argument is so strong, then why did you feel the need to write "over and over at the slightest adversity," and then soften the language in your responses to my specific pointed criticisms? I say that you have not defined and cannot defend "slightest adversity," while at the same timing overstating the prevalence of multiple transfers, which necessitates at least 3 schools. I'll bet that double transfers represent a small percentage of players that, in raw numbers, is too many for your liking.

Your highly dramatic proposition rests on positing that it represents "the sentiment of the generation" to "cry and quit" when things don't go "perfect [sic]." And you are perplexed by pushback?

I generously gave you an immediate escape in asking if your hyperbolic language was parody. I offered a second chance by allowing that your self-claimed "guess" was bad, but you're having none of it. Instead, you toughen your stance, ask with claimed good faith whether I follow college sports or not, find the quoted accuracy of my criticisms "absurd," and claim your puzzlement as a "honest." This response rests on believing you in that regard.

However, when you quote your own post to add some more fuel, you close with a combination of dishonest characterization of me and an equivocated stance to add emphasis to how wrong I am, as though I'm foolishly thinking what you've falsely written: "... no one is quitting and transferring when faced with adversity in their current situation."

This round I've put the quotation marks around words that you wrote. If they don't represent you, just say so. Are you goading me to read your bluster, lose patience, follow your example, give my take a boost, and call you a drama queen?

I get that you have some issues with multiple transferring: maybe you include Vance Jackson or Akok Akok, in addition to Nahiem Alleyne; maybe James Akinjo, Lukas Kisunas, or Makai Ashton-Langford come to mind. Personally, I'm a Kasongo guy, but that's just so people want associate me with absurdity have something to work with. It's a big tent.

College football's merry-go-round? Ya got me on that one. I usually enjoying late summer and autumn doing stuff outside, but I saw something while flipping channels last week (?) about a top QB going somewhere else, and a few high profile decommits. None of what I saw mentioned "slightest adversity," crying, quitting, inability to deal with imperfection, etc. Again, your words.

And Jordan Hawkins to the G League? I don't check in on the NBA much until less than half the league is remaining in the playoffs. I'll watch highlights of Huskies and wish for their success, but you won't see me trafficking in angst-ridden apoplexy over the further decline of Western Civilization. That's for other folks. But I know when somebody's trying to browbeat me into going their way, and, well, I've got a granddaughter to visit 159 steps from where I am right now.

Reaction Score
You realize he didn't actually demand a trade? You're just ranting about "kids these days" based upon someone thinking out loud on this board? You're the guy that has no qualms about 50 year old coaches chasing money and leaving kids high and dry but it absolutely tears you up when an 18 year old does it. nO lOyAlTy.
Did I say he demanded a trade? No. I called out a poster for saying he should.

Also, I have never said anything about it being okay for coaches to chase money and its not for kids.

The "kids these days", your term, not mine, was directed at the attitude of poster, not Hawkins.

Its hard to make 3 points based on reading comprehension and miss on all three. But congrats you're the guy who can do it.

Reaction Score
I am trying to work out how anyone who knows anything about Craig Hawkins (Jordan’s dad, a good dude but TOUGH!) walks away thinking he has been “coddled.”
LMFAO, I know right? If anything I came away with the impression that Craig Hawkins was the opposite of a coddler.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I know every fan base has this but it always surprises me when people make things up - in this case both stats and anecdotes - to run down a UConn player.
I love the team. I’ve been on this board for 4 national championships. I’m just being honest. Amazing shooter. Isn’t a finished product. Isn’t an efficient player. I think putting him through some adversity is a good thing for him. He won’t fold like Bouk. He’ll take it personal and work his butt off and toughen up.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I pretty much quoted your exact language to highlight how untenable your characterizations were. As such, I don't have to "wake up," because I know how to read.

If your argument is so strong, then why did you feel the need to write "over and over at the slightest adversity," and then soften the language in your responses to my specific pointed criticisms? I say that you have not defined and cannot defend "slightest adversity," while at the same timing overstating the prevalence of multiple transfers, which necessitates at least 3 schools. I'll bet that double transfers represent a small percentage of players that, in raw numbers, is too many for your liking.

Your highly dramatic proposition rests on positing that it represents "the sentiment of the generation" to "cry and quit" when things don't go "perfect [sic]." And you are perplexed by pushback?

I generously gave you an immediate escape in asking if your hyperbolic language was parody. I offered a second chance by allowing that your self-claimed "guess" was bad, but you're having none of it. Instead, you toughen your stance, ask with claimed good faith whether I follow college sports or not, find the quoted accuracy of my criticisms "absurd," and claim your puzzlement as a "honest." This response rests on believing you in that regard.

However, when you quote your own post to add some more fuel, you close with a combination of dishonest characterization of me and an equivocated stance to add emphasis to how wrong I am, as though I'm foolishly thinking what you've falsely written: "... no one is quitting and transferring when faced with adversity in their current situation."

This round I've put the quotation marks around words that you wrote. If they don't represent you, just say so. Are you goading me to read your bluster, lose patience, follow your example, give my take a boost, and call you a drama queen?

I get that you have some issues with multiple transferring: maybe you include Vance Jackson or Akok Akok, in addition to Nahiem Alleyne; maybe James Akinjo, Lukas Kisunas, or Makai Ashton-Langford come to mind. Personally, I'm a Kasongo guy, but that's just so people want associate me with absurdity have something to work with. It's a big tent.

College football's merry-go-round? Ya got me on that one. I usually enjoying late summer and autumn doing stuff outside, but I saw something while flipping channels last week (?) about a top QB going somewhere else, and a few high profile decommits. None of what I saw mentioned "slightest adversity," crying, quitting, inability to deal with imperfection, etc. Again, your words.

And Jordan Hawkins to the G League? I don't check in on the NBA much until less than half the league is remaining in the playoffs. I'll watch highlights of Huskies and wish for their success, but you won't see me trafficking in angst-ridden apoplexy over the further decline of Western Civilization. That's for other folks. But I know when somebody's trying to browbeat me into going their way, and, well, I've got a granddaughter to visit 159 steps from where I am right now.
Flamethrower post

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I love the team. I’ve been on this board for 4 national championships. I’m just being honest. Amazing shooter. Isn’t a finished product. Isn’t an efficient player. I think putting him through some adversity is a good thing for him. He won’t fold like Bouk. He’ll take it personal and work his butt off and toughen up.
What about his ppm or shooting percentages in his NBA minutes made him inefficient I am begging you to educate me

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom