Hawkins assigned to G-League 12/28 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Hawkins assigned to G-League 12/28

Reaction Score
Now Hawkins has been recalled from the G League due to an injury hence he is needed again with the big boys. I could be wrong but I think he was recalled Vriday or yesterday morning. I must admit that I was wrong once.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It a bad move if they are just going stuff Hawkins on the bench.
Agreed, it’s much better for him wherever he plays more. He needs to get used to NBA physicality on defense, which G League experience would still help with.

Reaction Score
It was always going to be a quick trip, guys go down to get reps and are then brought back

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It was always going to be a quick trip, guys go down to get reps and are then brought back
But he was down in G for one game.

Reaction Score
But he was down in G for one game.
How does this contradict what I said? Reps doesn't mean games, go down to the G and play 30+ minutes and get up 20+ shot attempts=reps. I think if boneyarders followed the NBA they would realize that this is common with rookies and 2nd year players if they're not seeing a ton of minutes and/or stuck in a logjam. Moses Moody was a lottery pick and he was doing this in his 2nd year due to the Warriors logjam at guard/wings.

caw

Reaction Score
He's just a very weird situation with a team that thinks they have the talent to be good, were pretty healthy and playing decently when Zion isn't being fat and lazy. He's the only "unproven" player on the roster as a rookie and has multiple players with good stats and experience ahead of him at his position. On the flipside, he's also obviously way too good for the g-league.

They really need a trade to consolidate their assets because they have a lot of really good pieces but their stars are a) a lazy and b) a guy who should be a second/third best player on a contender at best but might just be a good stats/bad team player.

Reaction Score
How does this contradict what I said? Reps doesn't mean games, go down to the G and play 30+ minutes and get up 20+ shot attempts=reps. I think if boneyarders followed the NBA they would realize that this is common with rookies and 2nd year players if they're not seeing a ton of minutes and/or stuck in a logjam. Moses Moody was a lottery pick and he was doing this in his 2nd year due to the Warriors logjam at guard/wings.
Especially after, right or wrong, the player logs some dnp’s. I am far more curious as why Jordan isn’t getting any time in that rotation than a single game in the g league. Getting sent down then being recalled after 1 game was probably communicated and preplanned even before he dominated. Jordan has to remain patient. As the season progress, things will open up again for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom