Hassan Diarra | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hassan Diarra

Reaction Score
Diarra is an energy guy who now has some focus after a full season in the program. His defense keeps him in the rotation and his minutes will increase as he plays within himself on offense.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Actually the more he plays defense and can run offense he is giving me Ricky Moore Vibes with how athletic he is.
It must be really demoralizing to have Newton and Spencer substituted for the speed demons Diarra and Ball and their aggression. Just when you need a breather the gas gets turned up. Rickey Moore and the "golden handcuffs award." That would be an awesome trajectory to be on!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Texas made their run in the second half by doubling Newton and eliminating the option to turn the corner on the weave. Nice coaching job by Texas, who basically said "Newton is not going to beat us" and Uconn did not have anyone else in the starting five who could break Texas down off the dribble on the wing. Hurley made the move of the game when he brought in Diarra for Cam (who struggled in the 2H and got beat repeatedly on D). Twice when Newton got doubled with Uconn up less than 10 points his only option was Diarra who twice made plays off the dribble to get open looks and/or fouls. If Uconn doesn't score in those two possessions, game might have ended differently

And, when he was in Texas did not attack him like they attacked Cam 1x1 and allowed for better team D as well. Great game for Hassan!
Very good insights.

Reaction Score
Diarra is an energy guy who now has some focus after a full season in the program. His defense keeps him in the rotation and his minutes will increase as he plays within himself on offense.
Yeah, don't remember him looking this smooth and effective in any game last year. He definitely should get the nod ahead of Ball.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I would also mention that his FT% is 1000 on only a few attempts but that is quite an improvement over last year.

Reaction Score
Should have typed this better. I wasn't saying Austrie is the same as Diarra.

What I was trying to say was if I could combine Diarra with a Uconn player from the past to make the ideal bench player for this team I would keep Diarra's defense but combine that with steady play of Austrie. Do not try and do to much. Take what is given but facilitate the offense and allow Newton and Spencer to play without the ball.
Though I do like to add Diarra can drive the ball which wasn't Austrie's strong point. I like Diarra does that and he is pretty effective due to his quickness and long arms. So I guess Diarra Defense, his drive ability, with Austrie's steady hand and shot. Yeah then you would have an ideal backup and damn good player.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
These games are tailored made for him. Texas was relentless and physical and Diarra thrives.

Slow this down to a half court ge and walking the ball up the court and he is less effective.

Great game by him tonight.
His being so integral to this win will pay dividends down the road both in his confidence and in the confidence of his teammates and him.

Reaction Score
The beginning of the last two years I've had two negative takes on our team

1. Newton wasn't starting PG ready
2. Diarra is bad

Either my negative posts can affect the future or I'm an absolute moron.
Both could be true. :)

Reaction Score
He was really really good last night best as a Husky easily. Rebounding, the spin and score as well plus he took good care of the ball. More if this please makes us so tough. Crow on Thanksgiving for me!

Reaction Score
After the last 3 games (including against Manhattan) I think Hassan has earned 1 start before Castle comes back. Have Solo come off the bench next game.

Reaction Score
After the last 3 games (including against Manhattan) I think Hassan has earned 1 start before Castle comes back. Have Solo come off the bench next game.

Nope like who he is coming off the bench no reason to change. He’s been good coming off the bench let’s leave it that way.

Reaction Score

Solo needs the minutes. He hunted for his shot early in the game, he needs to stop that. His defense was not very good today, lots of mistakes. We should start him until Castle comes back, he needs it for his development.

Reaction Score
Nope like who he is coming off the bench no reason to change. He’s been good coming off the bench let’s leave it that way.
He'll be coming off the bench the rest of the season. Let the queens native get one start against an inferior opponent before Castle comes back. He actually has a better FG% than Solo, better defense. I'm talking one game.... that's all.

Reaction Score
Solo needs the minutes. He hunted for his shot early in the game, he needs to stop that. His defense was not very good today, lots of mistakes. We should start him until Castle comes back, he needs it for his development.
He’s a freshman who needs to learn when/how to push, when/how to pull off, and what to do when pulling off. It’s a learning process, especially in an offense like Hurley’s.

What he’s doing is totally fine and completely necessary. This was a glorified practice.

Reaction Score
Taliek Brown is the all time leader in assists for UConn basketball. You just lost a ton of street credibility.
I think you missed the point. Anyway, I am amazed at how much Diarra has improved over last year. I think the difference is that he had one more year to feel comfortable in the system. He is just beginning to show us his Talik Brown like play. Personally, I think the only thing Diarra didn’t bring to the game was his Superman Cape.

Reaction Score
Diarra has another year of eligibility (covid year), correct? He has been terrific. Hurley is a master of offseason player development.

Reaction Score
He looks like a guy who knows he has the trust of the head coach. He's not looking over his shoulder and he knows his role. As long as he stays in control of himself, he will continue to provide valuable minutes.
Like many have said, he has that defensive ability that Shabazz and Boatright had the year the won the championship... the ability to get 'under' a guard and anyone who has every played at any level knows, it is just uncomfortable when it feels like you have to concentrate on every dribble let alone anything else.

Reaction Score
Hurley: “you don’t win without an experienced guard off the bench”. Also said that he had made adjustments to his shot technique that he saw on that 3 he made. Kid has gotten better and better.

Reaction Score
Very good insights.
Yes, I thought Texas had a very good defensive game plan in the 2nd half. We may see more teams try to force the dribble further out. The thing is with Castle on the court it may not work. I like Texas and their coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom