Hassan Diarra | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hassan Diarra

Reaction Score
He is just playing a lot smarter with the ball, Makes FT shots and plays great defense at all times. He reminds me of a lesser Taliek Brown overall but more athletic.
Taliek Brown is the all time leader in assists for UConn basketball. You just lost a ton of street credibility.

Reaction Score
Yesterday was a mixed bag of good plays and bad. Today was ALL good. Exceptional game by Hassan; apex of his UConn career!

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
As long as Diarra stays away from shooting jumpers, he’s a huge positive on the court. Dude plays as hard as anyone and makes a difference on both sides of the ball. Was his best game as a Husky. Bravo!!!!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’ll own up to my non belief as well. Thought Hurley was crazy for bringing him in after our hot start to begin the game. This crow is delicious.

Reaction Score
Taliek Brown is the all time leader in assists for UConn basketball. You just lost a ton of street credibility.
He's excited after a big win. I think we can cut him a break.

Still an awesome game by Diarra.

Reaction Score
Funny part is that last year when somebody asked if he reminded anybody of Taliek, I held back a bit (while others were unkind to the poster), before offering that they both are from Queens, which I'd intended for humor purposes only.

This is a fine, fun thread, well-enough introduced by the OP's admirable mea culpa.
Actually the more he plays defense and can run offense he is giving me Ricky Moore Vibes with how athletic he is.

Reaction Score
Diarra was fantastic. Attacked the basket when it was there, didnt try to force any shots and was a demon on defense and all over the court. With his and Samsons energy off the bench we could really have a dynamite bench. When Castle comes back Solo makes us even deeper.

Reaction Score
Texas made their run in the second half by doubling Newton and eliminating the option to turn the corner on the weave. Nice coaching job by Texas, who basically said "Newton is not going to beat us" and Uconn did not have anyone else in the starting five who could break Texas down off the dribble on the wing. Hurley made the move of the game when he brought in Diarra for Cam (who struggled in the 2H and got beat repeatedly on D). Twice when Newton got doubled with Uconn up less than 10 points his only option was Diarra who twice made plays off the dribble to get open looks and/or fouls. If Uconn doesn't score in those two possessions, game might have ended differently

And, when he was in Texas did not attack him like they attacked Cam 1x1 and allowed for better team D as well. Great game for Hassan!

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
The beginning of the last two years I've had two negative takes on our team

1. Newton wasn't starting PG ready
2. Diarra is bad

Either my negative posts can affect the future or I'm an absolute moron.

Reaction Score
A great long weekend of games for Diarra. That is how we need him to play.

Taliek Brown isn't the comp that comes to mind for me. In a perfect world I would mix his defensive intensity with a Craig Austrie mindset on offense. Be steady and safe with the ball. Distribute it to the playmakers and if the defense gives you a lane you attack it.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I said I was happy he's returning, and I said he could get 15 minutes per game

Pretty sure I was laughed at ;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I said I was happy he's returning, and I said he could get 15 minutes per game

Pretty sure I was laughed at ;)

Not by me, willie. And we were right about Samson, too.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was noticing how Ball doesn't quit on the play, he's always looking to cause some trouble on the transition. Just like Diarra does, good influence.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
He has only 3 turnovers in 98 minutes this season to go along with 16 assists. Played great defense on Abmas last night. He is a guy who knows his role and is excelling at it.

One of the greatest things Hurley has done with the program is getting his players to all buy into doing their part. No hero ball, just team ball. Diarra is a perfect guy for a system like that. Idk why people were wanting (or expecting) him to play like a future NBA stud. That was never what he was brought in to do...

Reaction Score
A great long weekend of games for Diarra. That is how we need him to play.

Taliek Brown isn't the comp that comes to mind for me. In a perfect world I would mix his defensive intensity with a Craig Austrie mindset on offense. Be steady and safe with the ball. Distribute it to the playmakers and if the defense gives you a lane you attack it.
Craig Austrie doesn't have his athletic ability or long arms. Craig was a better shooter too. Austire couldn't play defense like him either. Austrie was just a steadying force for UCONN. No flash at all.

If people want to compare him to a bench guy for UCONN it would be Terrence Samuel. Both were limited offensive players who played great D. I just think Diarra has more of an upside to his game with his length for his size.

Reaction Score
Craig Austrie doesn't have his athletic ability or long arms. Craig was a better shooter too. Austire couldn't play defense like him either. Austrie was just a steadying force for UCONN. No flash at all.

If people want to compare him to a bench guy for UCONN it would be Terrence Samuel. Both were limited offensive players who played great D. I just think Diarra has more of an upside to his game with his length for his size.
Should have typed this better. I wasn't saying Austrie is the same as Diarra.

What I was trying to say was if I could combine Diarra with a Uconn player from the past to make the ideal bench player for this team I would keep Diarra's defense but combine that with steady play of Austrie. Do not try and do to much. Take what is given but facilitate the offense and allow Newton and Spencer to play without the ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom