Hassan Diarra | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Hassan Diarra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fwiw I think a squad with Diarra could have sweet-16 talent. Still missing 1 shooter to be an ELITE team, but more than good enough to be consistently top 25.

The question at this point is whether our coach has the talent to reach the sweet 16 at this point IMO. I am feeling pretty good about it.

Reaction Score
You created a situation, about which you have no factual knowledge, just in case something similar to the situation you made up happens in the future so you can preemptively police the responses to that second imagined situation? That’s just weird.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The question at this point is whether our coach has the talent to reach the sweet 16 at this point IMO. I am feeling pretty good about it.

This is the biggest concern about the team.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Try this:
. Hass calls Mam and say, "Hey big bro, I'm kinda unhappy down here. How are you doing up in the Cut?""
Mam replies, "It's great here, I'm getting my masters and the team is really tight. You should think about it, they wanted you before and there are roster spaces."
Hassan: " I just might", and jumps in the portal.

Voila, perfectly plausible and no tampering. Is that what you needed?
I'm not sure MD's response in your scenario wouldn't be tampering.

He could say something like "All I know is we have been looking at a few guards because we are thin there but we can't talk specifics to anyone not in the portal."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure MD's response in your scenario wouldn't be tampering.

He could say something like "All I know is we have been looking at a few guards because we are thin there but we can't talk specifics to anyone not in the portal."
I think he could probably fairly add something along the lines of “I love it here at UConn. The guys on the team are like brothers and Coach Hurley and the staff have always treated me well. They could’ve taken me off scholarship when I was injured, but they didn’t. I will always be grateful for that.“

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
At what point do you just shrug your shoulders if you’re Texas A&M? Regardless of the legality, you have to know stuff like this happens. Family connections are often the deciding factor in where these dudes want to play.

Reaction Score
I think he could probably fairly add something along the lines of “I love it here at UConn. The guys on the team are like brothers and Coach Hurley and the staff have always treated me well. They could’ve taken me off scholarship when I was injured, but they didn’t. I will always be grateful for that.“
Sounds like an endorsement of the team and coach, but not a solicitation.

Reaction Score
@Get a Job keeps saying how pissed we would be if this happens against us but the chances of a team having a sibling or parent already on staff are few and far between that it’s not like this happens all the time. This is totally different than a staff hiring a coach to get a kid. Wasted energy in my opinion.

Reaction Score
So where do the last couple scholarships go after Diarra? Our guards are basically set in stone, and depending on how much time Jackson spends at the 4, there are no minutes left for an additional body to split with Karaban/Johnson. Do we get another Springs type player who is just a warm body for practice purposes?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So where do the last couple scholarships go after Diarra? Our guards are basically set in stone, and depending on how much time Jackson spends at the 4, there are no minutes left for an additional body to split with Karaban/Johnson. Do we get another Springs type player who is just a warm body for practice purposes?
I said before, we could use some depth at wing. Preferably a bigger guy, more Jackson sized or Martin. Alleyne and Newton could be a one year guys. Hawk could be an NBA guy with a breakout year. So could Andre. We have zero depth at small forward right now. Yes, we can play Karaban there, but then we've got no real depth at the 4 unless Springs emerges.

Reaction Score
Do we get another Springs type player who is just a warm body for practice purposes?
yeah. need 1 more guy who won't expect to play but that might develop into a player down the line. the only '22 recruit that potentially fits that description is yann ferrell. idk about transfers. might have to wait until august to find someone willing to fill that role.

i'd be fine leaving the last 2 schollys open for a mid-year reclass RS or two.

Reaction Score
We have zero depth at small forward right now
you want aj at the 3 primarily so between him and hawkins i dont see a single mpg available at that spot, never mind karaban.

i do agree that the scholly should go to a wing tho. can never have enough.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As someone who knows the sister of a guy, who is dating the
Sister of the girl that MD dates, this whole move has been orchestrated by Momma Diarra.

The holiday gatherings where MD & Hassan were forced to stay in separate rooms & not communicate with one another to avoid tampering became unbearable

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
you want aj at the 3 primarily so between him and hawkins i dont see a single mpg available at that spot, never mind karaban.

i do agree that the scholly should go to a wing tho. can never have enough.
I'm not expecting the person to play all that much. More pointing out that both Hawk and AJ could be gone, and so could Alleyne.

Reaction Score
I'm not expecting the person to play all that much. More pointing out that both Hawk and AJ could be gone, and so could Alleyne.
Realistically they wouldn’t play at all. We want our 8 or 9 best players getting all of the minutes because they are going to be the most talented players. Anyone signing on to be bench piece #11, 12, or 13 cannot expect anything more than walkon type of minutes

Reaction Score
Diarra entered the portal on April 20th.

I assure you that Danny Hurley was not looking to add Hassan Diarra on April 20th and Texas A&M was not upset to free a scholarship.

This is last call, not tampering. We need a warm body in case Newton sprains an ankle.
Diarra is going to play

Reaction Score
Diarra is going to play
Yep, he is going to play injury or not. We need him backing up the point and giving our guards breathers if we are playing small ball like Hurley said we will this year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

All this 10 pages of something for this?
If you are going to take him off of Buzz Williams hands lets just do it before this gets longer than the pizza thread
Just need a PG back-up for POMG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak