Hassan Diarra fulfills a dream, sees championships in his future with UConn | The Boneyard

Hassan Diarra fulfills a dream, sees championships in his future with UConn

Reaction Score
“He’s going to have a big role,” Hurley said. “We lost a lot in regards to R.J Cole and Tyrese Martin. He’s going to have a huge role on our team. I think he’s going to be one of our best players.”

Alternate free access: Hassan Diarra fulfills a dream, sees championships in his future with UConn men’s basketball team

Reaction Score
Where is that clown who was so convinced that we “tampered” to land the Hassan commitment? Come and take your lumps.

On another note, this sounds like a perfect marriage. I don’t know how much playing time he’s going to get with Newton being the primary point, but if we can run some Bazz/Boat style offense…sign me up.

Reaction Score
i consider 20 mpg a huge role but anymore than that means our other guys arent living up to expectations

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
As long as he comes off the bench…

pj

Reaction Score
i consider 20 mpg a huge role but anymore than that means our other guys arent living up to expectations
Or maybe it means Hassan exceeded expectations.

Really, 20 mpg isn't much for the third guard. If you only play 2 guard lineups, there are 80 minutes and they could be split 30-30-20. If you often play three guard lineups, there are a lot more minutes. You'll usually play three guards in the closing minutes with a lead, so it's pretty easy for the third guard to get above 20 mpg. If he doesn't, it indicates a big talent gap between guard #2 and guard #3.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Why do you care who comes off the bench?
If you watched him at A&M you really don’t want him getting starters minutes. Great role player but no more than that.

Reaction Score
Or maybe it means Hassan exceeded expectations.

Really, 20 mpg isn't much for the third guard. If you only play 2 guard lineups, there are 80 minutes and they could be split 30-30-20. If you often play three guard lineups, there are a lot more minutes. You'll usually play three guards in the closing minutes with a lead, so it's pretty easy for the third guard to get above 20 mpg. If he doesn't, it indicates a big talent gap between guard #2 and guard #3.
The flaw in your analysis is that he's not the 3rd guard, he's the 4th guard

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The flaw in your analysis is that he's not the 3rd guard, he's the 4th guard
5th really. And that's fine. Seems like a great fit. If he's a "coach on the floor" as described, that will help. Most likely Newton is a one year guy. So even with Castle coming, there are even more minutes at PG next year.

Reaction Score
Unless they’re going to call Hassan and Mamadou liars, that recruitment sure went down a lot differently than a few were assuming.

I don’t know what his numbers will be, but I’d bet on Hassan quickly becoming a fan favorite.

Where is that clown who was so convinced that we “tampered” to land the Hassan commitment? Come and take your lumps.

On another note, this sounds like a perfect marriage. I don’t know how much playing time he’s going to get with Newton being the primary point, but if we can run some Bazz/Boat style offense…sign me up.

Has anyone checked in on @Get a Job he wasted a lot of time wondering how the brothers planned this decision together.
If what the article says is true, of course my point from a couple weeks ago is moot. The reported scenario is nothing like my admittedly imagined scenario.

Now, if you think it's more likely that the reported scenario is true compared to the likelihood of my imagined scenario being true, well, bridge for sale and all that.

Aside: I'd like to reiterate that I was never condemning Hassan, Mamadou, or Hurley. I was condemning the people who would cry tampering if this scenario played out anywhere else.

Reaction Score
If what the article says is true, of course my point from a couple weeks ago is moot. The reported scenario is nothing like my admittedly imagined scenario.

Now, if you think it's more likely that the reported scenario is true compared to the likelihood of my imagined scenario being true, well, bridge for sale and all that.

Aside: I'd like to reiterate that I was never condemning Hassan, Mamadou, or Hurley. I was condemning the people who would cry tampering if this scenario played out anywhere else.
So we should believe your hunch over Mamadou's words?

Reaction Score
So we should believe your hunch over Mamadou's words?
"Should"? I neither know nor care. It just seems obvious to me that this is an example of someone saying what he has to say to avoid raising the hackles of the NCAA (and thank goodness he did).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
5th really. And that's fine. Seems like a great fit. If he's a "coach on the floor" as described, that will help. Most likely Newton is a one year guy. So even with Castle coming, there are even more minutes at PG next year.
“Coach on the floor?“ You mean like this?

1653056996713.jpeg

I’m not convinced that would really be all that helpful.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

' I was condemning the people who would cry tampering if this scenario played out anywhere else'
yup.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

you should run for public office with this comment to nowhere and back again :p

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If you watched him at A&M you really don’t want him getting starters minutes. Great role player but no more than that.
I hear you
Why did you feel you had to explain yourself?????????????????????????
I think most people understood what you meant to begin with!!

Reaction Score
this guy sucks

Jonathan Frakes Oops GIF by FILMRISE

Reaction Score
I like the look of his game in those highlights -- physical guard not afraid to finish through contact.

The vibe I get is a rich man's Terrence Samuel, with a jump shot.

Reaction Score

The inability of some to say "I was wrong" is shocking.

Reaction Score
The inability of some to say "I was wrong" is shocking.
If I thought I was proven wrong, I'd be happy to admit it. Look at it this way: Let's say, for the sake of argument, that my imagined scenario really did happen. What would Mamadou tell a reporter in that case? I would expect him to say exactly what he is quoted as saying in the article. (To do otherwise would be to unnecessarily invite scrutiny into the matter.) Now, of course, the quotes he gave to Borges would have also been expected if his claims are true. I am not claiming this article supports my suspicion. I am only saying it does nothing whatsoever to contradict it, in my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom