Hassan Diarra Commits to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hassan Diarra Commits to UConn

Reaction Score
We need a replacement for Tyrese. One more top end, tough rebounding/scoring/defending portal player. Like Pete Nance (dreaming) but why not?

Reaction Score
I'd still like another body, two if they don't think there's a realistic chance of Castle being here in the fall. Four guards isn't enough to play 3 guards all game every game, and we don't have any big beyond Sanogo that has proven they can play. Guys with potential, yes, but no one proven.

So you keep recruiting, knowing that you're not getting anyone who is only going somewhere to play major minutes, but you want guys who can see the court in an emergency, help your practices and have the chance of playing if they're better than you think and guys we have now aren't as good.

Reaction Score
I love this. I wonder how well we'll rebound next year. We were 10th in the nation last season at 40.4 rpg and +7.5 differential. We'll still have Sanogo and Jackson. We'll be taller overall. Tyrese was second on the team at 7.5 rpg.

Any thoughts there? It looks like Newton will be a + from the PG position (4.8 vs Cole's 3.4).

The idea is that it won't matter as much because we'll miss fewer easy shots that need rebounding.

We may drop 20+ spots in the rebounding charts, and actually be a better rebounding team. Rebounding (RPG, RPM, ORPG) can be a very misleading stat. If you never miss a shot, statistically you will be the worst offensive rebounding team in the country.

Reaction Score
A sampling of teams that did not fill all of their scholarships:

Duke (10)
Virginia (11)
Virginia Tech (11)
Kentucky (11)
Michigan State (11)
Gonzaga (11)
Purdue (12)
Houston (12)
Baylor (12)
Villanova (12)
Texas (12)
we really only need 1 more warm body. plus staff needs to focus on '23.

anyone else we bring in cant overlap with our bench guys i.e. diarra, karaban, samson, clingan. our front court players in particular are already going to be fighting for limited PT. that means it has to be a G/W.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
we really only need 1 more warm body. plus staff needs to focus on '23.

anyone else we bring in cant overlap too much with our bench guys i.e. diarra, karaban, samson, clingan and our front court players are already going to be fighting for limited PT. that means it has to be a Wing.
Anybody else we get now is just developmental/depth pieces is someone gets hurt. Probably another guard and wing I'm thinking. This person would probably have a bunch of years left.

Reaction Score
I think we could use another big
There's a much bigger need for another combo guard if we're adding guys for emergency depth, we're pretty much set and go 4 deep at the 3-5 spots. And maybe the 2 if Jackson is ever playing there, which he shouldn't need to do

PG: Newton, Diarra, Jackson

SG: Hawkins, Alleyne, Diarra, Jackson

SF: Alleyne, Hawkins, Jackson, Karaban

PF: Johnson, Karaban, Jackson, Springs

C: Sanogo, Clingan, Johnson, Springs

Reaction Score
There's a much bigger need for another combo guard if we're adding guys for emergency depth, we're pretty much set and go 4 deep at the 3-5 spots. And maybe the 2 if Jackson is ever playing there, which he shouldn't need to do

I hope we aren't seeing Jackson at a PG. I hope we pick up a developmental PG who has 3 years left.

Reaction Score
Great add, willing role player.

Newton (30), Diarra (10)
Hawkins (30), Alleyne (5), Diarra (5)
Jackson (20), Alleyne (20)
Karaban (15), Johnson (15), Jackson (10)
Sanogo (30), Clingan (10)

That's 30 mpg for Newton, Hawkins, Jackson, and Sanogo.
25 mpg for Alleyne.
15 mpg for Diarra, Karaban, and Johnson.
10 mpg for Clingan.

Probably would get squeezed a bit in big games.

Reaction Score
25 mpg for Alleyne.
10 mpg for Clingan.
I agree with the total minutes played more or less but i cant pencil karaban into the starting lineup yet. i think it's samson if we're playing a traditional PF. altho i also have them both around 15 mpg so i guess it wouldnt matter who starts...

regardless i hope we start small meaning jackson at the 4 which moves alleyne into the lineup on the wing. i want our 5 best guys on the floor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Jackson is 1000% starting

Reaction Score
We need a replacement for Tyrese. One more top end, tough rebounding/scoring/defending portal player. Like Pete Nance (dreaming) but why not?
That's expected to come from improvements by Jackson and Hawkins. And the addition of Karaban.

Reaction Score

This isn't your depth chart, right? I mean, you're not saying that Jackson is our #3 PG, SF, and PF, as well as #4 SG?

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Explosive Diarra????
This Is Weird Cbs GIF by Paramount+

Reaction Score
Great add, willing role player.

Newton (30), Diarra (10)
Hawkins (30), Alleyne (5), Diarra (5)
Jackson (20), Alleyne (20)
Karaban (15), Johnson (15), Jackson (10)
Sanogo (30), Clingan (10)

25 mpg for Alleyne.
10 mpg for Clingan.

Probably would get squeezed a bit in big games.
Karaban is a Frosh. He’s not starting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom