Has the gag order been lifted? | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Has the gag order been lifted?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My comment should have said "isn't" not "is" . No, I'm not saying he's owed it or should be paid.

I'm saying the admin aren't the heroes in this and are scummy in their own right. Something many people are too happy to ignore while they slam GM 's morals
I'd say the attempt to overlay heroic or scumminess on this is a mistake. It is simply following the agreement of the parties as memorialized in writing.

Reaction Score
I'd say the attempt to overlay heroic or scumminess on this is a mistake. It is simply following the agreement of the parties as memorialized in writing.
Exactly, take emotions out of it. Win games and don't breach your contract by breaking the rules and he would have gotten the money.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm not playing your stupid games. Saying they can't afford 10 mil. and then calling it chump change is incompatible.

Quote to me calling 10 million Chump change?

You are lying again, it doesnt exist.

But then Im not shocked about it. You dont even hold your word on gentlemen's bets.

Reaction Score
Quote to me calling 10 million Chump change?

You are lying again, it doesnt exist.

But then Im not shocked about it. You dont even hold your word on gentlemen's bets.
You really are an incredible narcissist. I made the post a couple of days ago in relation to what was posted by others and here you are today only quoting a portion of my post, it's why I said you are playing dumb. I never quoted you or claimed you said it so you can stop being a dishonest hack.

August_West

Reaction Score
You really are an incredible narcissist. I made the post a couple of days ago in relation to what was posted by others and here you are today only quoting a portion of my post, it's why I said you are playing dumb. I never quoted you or claimed you said it so you can stop being a dishonest hack.
Oh really?

You replied to my post directly stating that. No disclaimer on it being anyone else saying that. It is direct and reads like it does to me to 99.9% of the literate population.

h0qOhPr.jpg

Reaction Score
So if you got fired or laid off you would tell the company "no I don't want a week of pay for each year I've worked here"?

Would you collect unemployment??
We are not talking about working class people and collecting unemployment. I am assuming Ollie is not worried about where his next meal comes from. If he has spent all his money like a fool, well too bad. I really find the whole thing ridiculous. Rich guy arguing over 10 million!! I know there is all this contractual drama, I know nothing about that world and don't care. I have always been on my own. But come on. Ten million?! For failing miserably to deliver? He should tell Uconn, give me the two million to pay the old lady, and then disappear.

August_West

Reaction Score
Lol at 1) "on record" that's just adorable and
2) that you think the fact that UConn has more than $10M in assets is your Mattlock moment.

Of course UConn has 10 million is assets. But that isnt the issue is it?

The issue is that in the budgetary bog that is the State of CT at this moment, how would a 10 million dollar buyout to a fired coach at a public university look?

The issue is that can UConn justify shifting 10 million to an athletic department that is hemorrhaging money?

CL82

Reaction Score
Of course UConn has 10 million is assets. But that isnt the issue is it?

I don't think so either, but that was the question you asked.

Reaction Score

This is a message board for opinions, not a court of law. I'm not disputing if they are now legally obligated to pay Ollie.

Was he fired for sucking? Or was he fired because of the violations? Everyone knows he was fired for sucking and none of this would have come to light if he was winning. I don't think any of that is disputable.

Ollie is not blameless in this, but neither is the administration - they are a bunch of hypocrites going against the intent of the contract to save themselves from the mess they created. I'm not sure why that is being celebrated

CL82

Reaction Score
Was he fired for sucking? Or was he fired because of the violations? Everyone knows he was fired for sucking and none of this would have come to light if he was winning. I don't think any of that is disputable.

In my opinion, he was fired because he breached the terms of his contract by violation NCAA rules. If he didn't violate those rules, I do not believe that he would have been fired.

Reaction Score
Oh really?

You replied to my post directly stating that. No disclaimer on it being anyone else saying that. It is direct and reads like it does to me to 99.9% of the literate population.

h0qOhPr.jpg
I'm saying it in reference to my original post you half quoted. I hope this is just a "playing dumb" game for your sake. This is the last time I'm explaining it to you. At least one person has said we can't afford $10 mil. while also saying 10 mil is chump change. You posted only part of my post which I considered "playing dumb." Now you tell me to come up with the quote where you said it and called me a liar. I never said you said it in the first place. Again you made this all about yourself when it was never about you in the first place.

The fat and smelly guy was a lot more fun than your current incarnation.

August_West

Reaction Score
I'm saying it in reference to my original post you half quoted. I hope this is just a "playing dumb" game for your sake. This is the last time I'm explaining it to you. At least one person has said we can't afford $10 mil. while also saying 10 mil is chump change. You posted only part of my post which I considered "playing dumb." Now you tell me to come up with the quote where you said it and called me a liar. I never said you said it in the first place. Again you made this all about yourself when it was never about you in the first place.

The fat and smelly guy was a lot more fun than your current incarnation.

U mad bro?

Reaction Score
Seeds were planted when Ollie was forced on the university. Then the perfect storm developed when Ollie actually won a championship and then went on vacation.

This situation is ugly and no one will come out looking good. Blame can be placed at a lot of feet and I don't feel bad for anybody. Disgust is what I feel most of all.
You hit the nail on the head. Forced on the university. What the hell was JC thinking? Because he was an over achieving player and supposedly such a wonderful guy are not qualifacations to be head coach at one of the nations top programs.

Reaction Score
I keep reading here about ethics. From what I see, ethics don't matter much in the world of big money. I just skip over the posts with all the info about contracts, arbitration and so on. I am not part of that world and never have been. I don't care about it. But people will stoop real low when it comes to ten million bucks. That I do know.

Reaction Score
We are not talking about working class people and collecting unemployment. I am assuming Ollie is not worried about where his next meal comes from. If he has spent all his money like a fool, well too bad. I really find the whole thing ridiculous. Rich guy arguing over 10 million!! I know there is all this contractual drama, I know nothing about that world and don't care. I have always been on my own. But come on. Ten million?! For failing miserably to deliver? He should tell Uconn, give me the two million to pay the old lady, and then disappear.

I was specifically referring to huskyhawk saying the moral and ethical think for Ollie to do would be to walk away from $10m he feels he is owed which is just a ridiculous statement. I have no problem with him trying to get what he feels is his, and everyone here would do the same thing

Edit: I believe he also indicated he's morally opposed to someone getting paid for something they aren't employed doing.

Reaction Score
In my opinion, he was fired because he breached the terms of his contract by violation NCAA rules. If he didn't violate those rules, I do not believe that he would have been fired.
Come on. He was fired because he stinks at coaching. He isn't getting $10 million dollars because he breached his contract by cheating.

CL82

Reaction Score
Come on. He was fired because he stinks at coaching. He isn't getting $10 million dollars because he breached his contract by cheating.
Not the right question. Do you think he would have been fired if there wasn't just cause? I don't. Said differently but for the fact that Ollie breached his contract and thus terminating the payment provisions, UConn would not have fired him.

Do you disagree?

Reaction Score
Most of us agree but his statement may not be totally incorrect. If they didn't have cause, they would have had to pay him if they fired him. He deserved to be fired AND HE DOESN'T DESERVE THE FULL BUYOUT but they may not have done it unless they knew they could avoid the full buyout. It comes down to the opportunity cost. If it was less than 10mill, they might have kept him until they got to a point where they could have bought him out. Ollie shot himself in the foot and gave them the ability to avoid the full buyout. And that is OK because he doesn't deserve it ethically or contractually.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No, the problem is he doesn't deserve it and the school has a fiduciary responsibility to not pay him what he doesn't deserve.

LOL - now people care about the fiduciary responsibility from leadership.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
‘cheating’. They better fire everyone for cheating then because any dimwit with the NCAA rules can find violations in every program on campus.

Cheating. Good lord people will say the stupidest things.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
LOL - now people care about the fiduciary responsibility from leadership.

...as opposed to the "morals" of college administrators and coaches and lawyers? You do realize you're leaning on 3 of the worst professions to tag that to, right?

Reaction Score
Not the right question. Do you think he would have been fired if there wasn't just cause? I don't. Said differently but for the fact that Ollie breached his contract and thus terminating the payment provisions, UConn would not have fired him.

Do you disagree?
I see what you're saying but he was gone no matter what, IMO. They would be idiots to pay him though, it blows my mind some on the board want them to.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
...as opposed to the "morals" of college administrators and coaches and lawyers? You do realize you're leaning on 3 of the worst professions to tag that to, right?

Not that you don’t seemingly always miss the point but Herbst has neglectex her fiduciary responsibly to the University for years. Maybe when the campus crumbles to the ground from her funnelling money out of maintenance budgets people will notice. Maintenance doesn’t help in the ol magazine ranking tho.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom