Has the gag order been lifted? | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Has the gag order been lifted?

Reaction Score
True, I can't say for sure that didn't happen.

I guess the question will be if it would have been worth $10 mil to avoid the negative publicity & airing our dirty laundry once again. Will Benedict and Herbst be able to sleep well at night based on the actions they took? Will Ollie? We will probably never know the complete answers.

The way this plays out I think it really would have benefited UConn to reach an agreement with Ollie before all of this stuff had come out. If he wasn't willing to negotiate then there isn't much they could do I guess, but that doesn't let them off the hook in my opinion.

Disagree on the negative publicity -- to the outside they'll get worked up over it for a day. Like when Edsall didn't give a Diaco recruit the scholarship.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Thank you for making my morning. Bless you for staying strong when you were tested, whatever that means.

The people who know what that means understand it. I'm.not concerned with the ones that don't.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m sending Miller a Cheese of the Month club membership.
I will have so much respect for you, if you actually do this.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Not sure what you mean letting UConn off the hook. For what?

Bad contract negotiations, bad PR, potentially self reporting violations for no other reason than to avoid a buyout. How long did they know about some of this stuff? It sounds like the NCAA might have started sniffing around last fall, but at the Husky Run Benedict assured us everything was on the up and up.

Reaction Score
I will be at as many St Joe's games as my schedule allows riding Miller to the point that Calhoun will want to fight me too. And I'm ok with that at this point because he's harboring a rat.

Seems a little excessive.

I'll be at plenty of games to watch good basketball, though. If there's a good throwdown with you and Calhoun, I'll throw it up on Worldstar

CL82

Reaction Score
upload_2018-6-21_10-45-55.png

Apparently not.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Disagree on the negative publicity -- to the outside they'll get worked up over it for a day. Like when Edsall didn't give a Diaco recruit the scholarship.

Not if Ollie decides to tell his side of the story. Who knows what he could say about the Calhoun era

CL82

Reaction Score
Bad contract negotiations, bad PR, potentially self reporting violations for no other reason than to avoid a buyout. How long did they know about some of this stuff? It sounds like the NCAA might have started sniffing around last fall, but at the Husky Run Benedict assured us everything was on the up and up.
Well I agree that KO's contract was a one sided nightmare, but for the NCAA violation language.

UConn self-reported in response the NCAA's instruction for all schools to self audit after the FBI NCAA investigation broke. Hard to find fault with that.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Well I agree that KO's contract was a one sided nightmare, but for the NCAA violation language.

UConn self-reported in response the NCAA's instruction for all schools to self audit after the FBI NCAA investigation broke. Hard to find fault with that.

I guess - but the story sure did change after another terrible season...

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I don’t think KO would do it.
Because he is better man than Glen Miller and by extension Jim Calhoun?

Yeah he probably is.

CL82

Reaction Score
Congrats on being slightly less fat.
Oh he's significantly less fat. He essentially has lost a 4 grader.

Reaction Score
I hope not, but maybe he thinks Calhoun did him dirty.
He has refused to take any responsibility for his actions and failures. It's everyone else's fault but his. I won't be surprised if he tries to stir things up whether he gets paid or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom