Has the gag order been lifted? | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Has the gag order been lifted?

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I also grew up in WH - went to Hall (when Ruslan Inyatkin was there).

LOL — I was there at that time, too. Used to play ball with him and many others on the blacktop hoop behind the gyms. He was so much better than the rest of us it was crazy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He’s a rat. You are not obligated to offer heresy rumors in testimony. He will be suing the school next. Calhoun has a mess on his hands now. You never want someone, no one else will hire because if you fire them - they don’t move on with another job - they do this and UConn will be next - with Glen suing them for losing his job - due to being a whistle blower. Now the public knows why UConn offered him placeholder jobs which he refused.
Yeah, I have strongly doubt that UConn fired Miller because he reported Ollie's conduct to them. Personally, I think Glenn was fired because Ollie wanted a more high energy big time recruiter to help address the talent issue on the team.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I’m interested about what UConn thinks Dave Sevush did?

C

Chief00

Yeah, I have strongly doubt that UConn fired Miller because he reported Ollie's conduct to them. Personally, I think Glenn was fired because Ollie wanted a more high energy big time recruiter to help address the talent issue on the team.
Agree but Miller will use the whistle blower language when he sues UConn on the job - as I recall there was some state pension or benefit tenure milestone he missed - so he will want damages for that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That might explain him, because nothing else does.

I know it’s frustrating to see someone who posts with logical consistency.

I’m not going to cheer the athletic department for using a rat to get out of a terrible contract they freely entered into.

If that isn’t enough the rat works for the guy who handpicked Ollie.

And with what we know about Calhoun - Chief (a proven liar) is going to say a million times that Miller acted alone. Miller acted without Calhoun’s blessing? Hopefully nobody is actually stupid enough to believe that.

If you believe that.. then you believe Miller would have done it even if they were winning - in which case you use some pretty selective ethics on how you choose your heroes.

Reaction Score
LOL — I was there at that time, too. Used to play ball with him and many others on the blacktop hoop behind the gyms. He was so much better than the rest of us it was crazy.

There is a Inyatkin that used to post here but hasn’t posted in a long time. He also ran the cafe in the new co op when it opened.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Glen Miller never learned the two greatest things in life, never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut.

He's a scumbag turncoat who is passing on speculation and 3rd hand hearsay and yet we have a good segment of people here singing his praises because Kevin Ollie didn't win enough for them* and it hurt their fragile psyche's.

Amazing.

* He didn't win enough for me either but there is a right way to do things. You " ends justify the means" people are utterly despicable.

CL82

Reaction Score
I am being vague on purpose; I don't want to crap on Calhoun but Miller worked for both of them and turned choirboy on one. I don't like sanctimony, especially when coupled with double-standards.
I have no idea what you think you know, but GM originally reported this UConn, just as he supposed to do. It's tough to find fault with that. Regarding his NCAA statement, I know you are not suggesting that he lie. He gave the facts as he knew them. From my perspective you are buying into the Ollie legal team's strategy that which is essentially "let's smear a beloved Hall of Fame coach and hope UConn pays us money to shut up." The university isn't taking the bait and the opportunity for material settlement has long passed.

Ollie has no one to blame but himself. Fishy is right: he half-assed his job and half-assed some NCAA compliance issues. And yes, his contract is different than Calhoun's. I'm not happy that he put us in this position.
Agree 100% with these four sentences.

I just hate the karma of this. I hate the optics. I hate everything about it because it's my school and no one--no one--comes out of this looking good. The Miller testimony makes me queasy, but the school used him for the specific purpose to get out of the $10M. He had his reasons and the admin had theirs. And Calhoun is uncomfortably a part of all of it.
Are you suggesting that UConn somehow put GM up to testifying? That's just not a reality based assumption. He was Ollie's #2 guy. There was no way the NCAA wasn't going to want to talk to him. We don't have imagine some university based machinations to see that coming from a mile away.

CL82

Reaction Score
Agree but Miller will use the whistle blower language when he sues UConn on the job - as I recall there was some state pension or benefit tenure milestone he missed - so he will want damages for that.
I feel like if Miller were planning on doing that he would have already have had to UConn and the state on notice. I haven't heard that that has happened.

Reaction Score
Glen Miller never learned the two greatest things in life, never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut.

He's a scumbag turncoat who is passing on speculation and 3rd hand hearsay and yet we have a good segment of people here singing his praises because Kevin Ollie didn't win enough for them* and it hurt their fragile psyche's.

Amazing.

* He didn't win enough for me either but there is a right way to do things. You " ends justify the means" people are utterly despicable.
You're just mad that you got duped

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Amazing.

I agree with ‘don’t rat on your friends,’ but he probably didn’t see KO as a friend. I don’t agree with universally keeping quiet about unethical stuff, but in this case his motives are clear. It’s not about dignity or justice, but vengeance

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know it’s frustrating to see someone who posts with logical consistency.

I’m not going to cheer the athletic department for using a rat to get out of a terrible contract they freely entered into.

If that isn’t enough the rat works for the guy who handpicked Ollie.

And with what we know about Calhoun - Chief (a proven liar) is going to say a million times that Miller acted alone. Miller acted without Calhoun’s blessing? Hopefully nobody is actually stupid enough to believe that.

If you believe that.. then you believe Miller would have done it even if they were winning - in which case you use some pretty selective ethics on how you choose your heroes.

I don't know and don't care if Calhoun was in on it, or the school was. Whoever took the steps necessary to save the program by allowing it to remove Ollie acted in the interest of UConn, the program and its fans. As one of the people in the latter group, I can only say...thanks. I'll gladly cheer an athletic department holding to the letter of a bad contract they entered into .

The moral and ethical thing here would be for Ollie to say: "I have been derelict in my duties, have failed to perform them to the best of my abilities, and I therefore will resign, and will not seek to obtain payment for services I will no longer render."

Now that would be a classy move. If Ollie wanted to be respected despite his failures, that's how he could have done it. His prospects for future employment would be much, much stronger.

CL82

Reaction Score
I agree with ‘don’t rat on your friends,’ but he probably didn’t see KO as a friend. I don’t agree with universally keeping quiet about unethical stuff, but in this case his motives are clear. It’s not about dignity or justice, but vengeance
Mmm, I'm with the weasel school thought on Glenn rather than the rat one.

BTW I lol'd at that Whaler quote.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't know and don't care if Calhoun was in on it, or the school was. Whoever took the steps necessary to save the program by allowing it to remove Ollie acted in the interest of UConn, the program and its fans. As one of the people in the latter group, I can only say...thanks. I'll gladly cheer an athletic department holding to the letter of a bad contract they entered into .

The moral and ethical thing here would be for Ollie to say: "I have been derelict in my duties, have failed to perform them to the best of my abilities, and I therefore will resign, and will not seek to obtain payment for services I will no longer render."

Now that would be a classy move. If Ollie wanted to be respected despite his failures, that's how he could have done it. His prospects for future employment would be much, much stronger.

You do realize they could have ‘saved’ the program by firing Ollie and paying the buyout right?

Having the man who handpicked Ollie unleash a rat to the NCAA is only ‘saving’ the program if one ignores that had leadership not run the athletic department into an iceberg they wouldn’t have to stoop so low to get out of paying.

Now you’ve got all this AND they still haven’t won yet.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score

Meh, $10M will test a lot of guys' "classiness." I will say this though. We now know that KO was given a letter outlining these events a few days before he was fired. His best opportunity to get out of this with some cash in hand was a quick and quiet exit in exchange for a dramatically reduced payout. If his representation was telling him otherwise or suggesting that he hold out for the full $10M they were doing him a huge disservice. The let's crap on a beloved Hall of Fame coach gambit is not going get them a dime and the entire process is trashing what's left of KO's reputation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You do realize they could have ‘saved’ the program by firing Ollie and paying the buyout right?

Having the man who handpicked Ollie unleash a rat to the NCAA is only ‘saving’ the program if one ignores that had leadership not run the athletic department into an iceberg they wouldn’t have to stoop so low to get out if paying.

He doesn't deserve the money.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Having the man who handpicked Ollie unleash a rat to the NCAA is only ‘saving’ the program if one ignores that had leadership not run the athletic department into an iceberg they wouldn’t have to stoop so low to get out if paying.

1. They are giving away football home games to net $1M. They don't have $10 to spend on an ex coach
2. Seeking to be paid for a job you are no longer doing is disgraceful. Why should Ollie get any money after being fired from a job he was bad at? The fairest outcome would be if he paid back the salary from last year.
3. What is "all this"? Nobody will care about this. By self reporting and firing the coach who committed the violations UConn reduces any impact from the violations.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

I think Ollie wanted a guy who was willing to do shady stuff. Never felt good about Chillious and his previous connections.

CL82

Reaction Score
So help me out her Whaler. How is paying someone $10M that they are entitled to a good strategy for a cash strapped athletic department? That's the kind of decision that gets people fired.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
As an aside.

This is just ramping up. This isn't the end of this at all by saying " that's enough for just cause, we are done now" .

It probably is enough for cause . No problems there.

But what I'm talking about is the ancillary dirt that the administration and Calhoun and this process has caused is going to be unearthed and dragged across national news for quite a while now.

It ain't going to be pretty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom