Hartford NCAA Tourney Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hartford NCAA Tourney Games

Reaction Score
They were interviewing people on NPR and everyone said they had a great time at the Civic Center on Thursday. The restaurants are great and so are the bars, these were visiting fans that they were interviewing. As a UConn football fan I am used to showing up for a football game 5 minutes before game time and walking right in, these tickets also cost me 10 dollars , from there I can walk and get food, stop at the bathroom, and walk basically down to the first or second row of the stadium and sit down with no one to bother me. What's a crowd at a sporting event?

Reaction Score
The second game can’t really start before 4:30. If they get an OT they are going to have to flip the building in 15 minutes.

I guess if Nova can’t tip at 7:20 it doesn’t really matter. They will probably tip it off with everyone standing in a security line.

Don’t be ridiculous @whaler11 they would never start a game with everyone waiting in line. Whoops.

TJT

Reaction Score
I just don't understand why the NCAA and Dan Gavitt (supervises the tournament) scheduled the games in Hartford as they did on Thursday. Made no sense what so ever.

Reactions: TKs
Reaction Score
With just two games today and not having to clear out the arena between two separate sessions, the situation should be no where near as bad as it was at the XL Center on Thursday.

Definitely not. Took about a minute to get into the first session on Thursday (about 15 minutes before scheduled tip). I was surprised at how quick it was. I really don't blame the second session debacle on anyone but the NCAA, there was little they could have done to avoid the long wait time.

Reaction Score
How easy will it be to get tix on the street today? Online prices seem really high.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How easy will it be to get tix on the street today? Online prices seem really high.

Expensive I tried to explain this to y’all a while back. But people told me they would get in like it was UConn/Monmouth

Reaction Score
Expensive I tried to explain this to y’all a while back. But people told me they would get in like it was UConn/Monmouth
Wait people thought they would get these tickets for nothing? hahahahaha. I must of missed that thread.

Thursday night was an easy ticket but that was because of the times.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wait people thought they would get these tickets for nothing? hahahahaha. I must of missed that thread.

Thursday night was an easy ticket but that was because of the times.

And Purdue/ODU was a trash game.

C

Chief00

It will be interesting to see if the XL management and staff learned any lessons from Thursday and implemented improvement plans?
Of course, I am skeptical because the CDRA and the game day management team fail to accept accountability for bad outcomes. If they don’t clean up Thirsdsy’s gate disaster nothing else matters if people who pay hundreds of dollars miss a large portion of the game.
Contrary to the Hartford Courant editorial the door is shutting on Hartford if they don’t clean up their malfeasance act.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Morant with 3 threes in a row!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Last two minutes FSU had end of their bench in game and dudes were still passing a good shot to get a better shot.

Small anecdotal bit of game but it's indicative of a strong team culture and ethic and players who buy in to coaches.

One if Chin's biggest rules is a mediocre plan or talent level with full buy in at all levels crushes talent and game planning alone.

Reaction Score
I do not gamble (dang)...but if I did, I would have taken FSU -4.

My thoughts:

1...Ja would get his points but FSU limited the rest of the team and Ja's assists.

2....Murray St. wasn' able to block out rebounds...or contend with FSU's length

and:

Murray State played 30 regular season games and went 26-4.

26 of the games were against teams with a kenpom defensive rating of 126 or worse.

4 of the games were against teams with a kenpom defensive rating in the top 125.

26-0 against the ones ranked 126 or worst. And,interestingly, 0-4 against the top 125.

I am no gambler...but I liked thar stat.

Reaction Score
I do not gamble (dang)...but if I did, I would have taken FSU -4.

My thoughts:

1...Ja would get his points but FSU limited the rest of the team and Ja's assists.

2....Murray St. wasn' able to block out rebounds...or contend with FSU's length

and:

Murray State played 30 regular season games and went 26-4.

26 of the games were against teams with a kenpom defensive rating of 126 or worse.

4 of the games were against teams with a kenpom defensive rating in the top 125.

26-0 against the ones ranked 126 or worst. And,interestingly, 0-4 against the top 125.

I am no gambler...but I liked thar stat.
Nice analysis. Why’d you post this at 8:51 PM and not before the game? Just curious!

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, there was an article in the March 1st publication of the Courant that said 25,000 fans were expected for the games, total. Might have outdone that by quite a bit.

Reactions: TKs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom