Hartford NCAA Tourney Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hartford NCAA Tourney Games

Reaction Score
Why leave? Just buy a pretzel or something. If you actually bought tickets then you care enough to have scheduled Friday off as well.
Afternoon and evening sessions on Thursday have separate admissions. And no I didn’t take Friday off..

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You literally have to depart the building. Why is this so hard for folks to understand. They're seperately-ticketed events.

And if you have a ticket for both, congrats- you STILL have to leave.

Reaction Score
Last March my friends bought about a dozen tickets when they 1st went on sale. We’ve been excited so we got together tonight to watch the selection show and drink some Treehouse beers.

We joked it was like the Super Bowl because we’ve been waiting so long. That said we’re pumped! Two teams we wanted were Nova and Murray State. Nova should bring a nuts crowd and that old big easy root for/against audience and Murray will be just fun to watch. The other games are either solid brands, local, or nice mid-majors. We were very happy with the draw.

Now the times I gotta say I’m pissed about. A 2pm start on Thursday for our first game? We’re the furthest east school in our region and we get the latest game...why? We’ll have no time between the two sessions. And Pratt street is running a beer garden assuming crowds between the sessions. No idea how they are clearing the XL in 30 min. NCAA blew it there.

Still I’m really pumped for these games. We’re sold out, have great matchups, and if my friends are any example a rowdy excited crowd. Can’t wait!

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Now the times I gotta say I’m pissed about. A 2pm start on Thursday for our first game? We’re the furthest east school in our region and we get the latest game...why?

Really boned me. I work nights. Had to push my shift back to be able to go to the 2 early games.

Working until 4 AM is worth it for Morant vs Howard though.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
The XL is the easiest arena to move down in. I had season tickets near the student section but moved down to center court multiple times.

Reaction Score
Tight scheduling in between session 1&2. In the bright side this will be first time ever the NCAA is allowing alcohol sales at the tourney

Reaction Score
Chick Fil A and Bears better be well stocked.
If you are going to both sessions you'll have little to no time to go anywhere else.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Nope. Not enough time.

"Babies 1st NCAA tournament"

usp_ncaa_basketball__ncaa_tournament-first_round-x_98484710-e1521254575148.jpg

Reaction Score
Tight scheduling in between session 1&2. In the bright side this will be first time ever the NCAA is allowing alcohol sales at the tourney
Ha... that will make 16,000 patrons entering / exiting in 30 minutes fast and simple... :)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Chick Fil A and Bears better be well stocked.
If you are going to both sessions you'll have little to no time to go anywhere else.
I know the beer will well stocked. They had extra coolers and portable taps bought in last week. They also raised prices a buck.

Reaction Score
I am heading over to the golf convention on Friday and over to Sliders to watch Friday's games.

TJT

Reaction Score
Speaking from experience, good luck trying to move around the XL Center concourses between games at each session. The narrow concourses and too few bathrooms will be an even worse situation than halftime at UConn games. Also suggest you carefully plan out dinner if you are doing both sessions. It will not only be tough getting a table any where near the arena but many of the restaurant kitchens will also have issues handling the rush of food orders all at once. Expect long waits even after ordering.

Reaction Score
Trying to figure out food. The smell of the fried food in xl might be enough to dull my appetite. Carvel might be my dinner. No way there is even time to walk to front street. Maybe if second afternoon game is a blowout.

Reaction Score
Trying to figure out food. The smell of the fried food in xl might be enough to dull my appetite. Carvel might be my dinner. No way there is even time to walk to front street. Maybe if second afternoon game is a blowout.
You’d leave Marquette v Murray State early?

Reaction Score
Anyone going to the pop up beer fest on Pratt St. for this? Hanging Hills, Hog River, City Steam and Thomas Hooker. Sounds cooler than spending on the games honestly lol.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Rooting for Murray St as I have family that goes to school there and they have a couple other players that can ball

Reaction Score
Just bought tickets for the first games and probably spending the night games watching at bars

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom