Hartford NCAA Tourney Games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hartford NCAA Tourney Games

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Anyone know which bar is each team's pregame party headquarters?

Reaction Score
The Governor just announced late night Hartford Line trains after the last game on Thurs and Sat. Previously the last train out was 10:38 which would have been well before the end of the Purdue/ODU game. They will also be adding extra cars to all other trains.

Very smart move with the anticipated 25,000 coming to Hartford and beer now sold at the tournament. I'll be taking the train from Stratford.

Reactions: TKs
Reaction Score
Tight scheduling in between session 1&2. In the bright side this will be first time ever the NCAA is allowing alcohol sales at the tourney
I stopped in the open practice yesterday. Saw FSU and Marquette. #21 on FSU is tall!! Leonard Hamilton spent the entire practice on the sidelines chatting up some folks, no coaching involved. Wojciechowski was fully engaged.

Shocked to see a plastic cup of crappy beer is $11. Stick a couple nips in your socks if you need a buzz.

Reaction Score
Anybody know when Saturday game times will be announced?

Reaction Score
Sure am regretting passing up that offer to buy seats for $50 last year...

Reaction Score
I stopped in the open practice yesterday. Saw FSU and Marquette. #21 on FSU is tall!! Leonard Hamilton spent the entire practice on the sidelines chatting up some folks, no coaching involved. Wojciechowski was fully engaged.

Shocked to see a plastic cup of crappy beer is $11. Stick a couple nips in your socks if you need a buzz.
That is like a 500% mark up, insane. Pre-game it!

Reaction Score
Whats the scene around hartford right now? Is there a decent crowd of people at the bars and restaurants?

Reaction Score
Saturday tip times: 6:10 (Murray State-Florida State) and 8:40 (Villanova-Purdue).

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Saturday tip times: 6:10 (Murray State-Florida State) and 8:40 (Villanova-Purdue).

Will they clear the arena again between games?

Reaction Score
Ja Morant put on the best individual performance I've seen in person. Kid is special.

Saw where a NBA scout has him as his #2 behind Zion.

Vermont and Murray State each have a unique talent....

Never seen a kid bury 3's like Vermont's Ernie Duncan, while running laterally 8 feet behind the arc and jumping up in stride and twisting to the front, and with a lightning release...swish.

TJT

Reaction Score
This thread proved prescient. Seemed like everyone knew there would be issues except for XL Center management.

Reaction Score
how full were the first and second session games? Apparently all tickets are sold out for tonight with them going for double the price on stub hub. Are people just gobbling tickets just to make profits on them by selling them for twice face value?

Reaction Score
how full were the first and second session games? Apparently all tickets are sold out for tonight with them going for double the price on stub hub. Are people just gobbling tickets just to make profits on them by selling them for twice face value?

The sessions were packed, sellout packed.

TKs

Reaction Score
Thursday in Hartford was a great time. Arena was as packed as I've ever seen it. Left 1st session early & went into 2nd session late and all the bars/restaurants on both sides of the arena & Pratt St party were packed even while the games were going on. Must have been 25,000+ people from all over the country in the area all day & night. The group of people I was with had a blast. There were lines for food & rest rooms but thats to be expected at a sold out event. In my opinion these NCAA games (been going since the mid 80's) are the best days to be in Hartford bar none!

TJT

Reaction Score
With just two games today and not having to clear out the arena between two separate sessions, the situation should be no where near as bad as it was at the XL Center on Thursday.

Reactions: TKs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom