Hartford > Gampel | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Hartford > Gampel

Reaction Score
Give return to BE - COVID + 1 great team to really answer this question. A Saturday BE game at HCC (F whoever XL is) has been and can be magic once again. And every student who wants to go should have a cheap ticket to every game in Hartford. 5 or so games that will sell out.

Reaction Score

I’m fine with both XL and Gampel to be fair but Jon Rothstein really has been entrenched in this debate and just crapping all over the XL center. Has to have been asked to do this by UConn staff because there is no way he cares about this issue that much to continue to bring it up.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

I’m fine with both XL and Gampel to be fair but Jon Rothstein really has been entrenched in this debate and just crapping all over the XL center. Has to have been asked to do this by UConn staff because there is no way he cares about this issue that much to continue to bring it up.

Whelp all I can say to that is that if UConn staff thinks Gampel helps our quest for success why would any fan be against it?

Reaction Score
Whelp all I can say to that is that if UConn staff thinks Gampel helps our quest for success why would any fan be against it?
Why now all of a sudden? Sounds like a false flag operation.

Reaction Score
Cool.

I don’t get UConn fans. They want a winner but don’t want the team to play in the home environment where they are most comfortable. Maybe Duke should move 1/2 their games out of Cameron.
If they weren’t a private school who no money problems I’m sure the state would pimp them out also

Reaction Score
Cool.

I don’t get UConn fans. They want a winner but don’t want the team to play in the home environment where they are most comfortable. Maybe Duke should move 1/2 their games out of Cameron.
Are you hoping UConn loses to Villanova, which will be in Hartford,so you can say see I told ya so.

Reaction Score
Cool.

That’s right I literally said Uconn shouldn’t play in Storrs lol.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Are you hoping UConn loses to Villanova, which will be in Hartford,so you can say see I told ya so.
Not at all. XL will be electric Tuesday, but what does that have to do with the team itself preferring their real home floor?

Reaction Score
Not at all. XL will be electric Tuesday, but what does that have to do with the team itself preferring their real home floor?
I’m sure they do, I don’t side with the OP on playing games in Hartford over Storrs. I have just never understood the big deal of playing games in Hartford. I feel it’s only brought up when we lose games in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Why now all of a sudden? Sounds like a false flag operation.
Dan Hurley has been saying this since he showed up on campus 4 years ago, this is not a new thing

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Just because it's a thing with me, I have always friggin' LOVED "Goodfellas" on AMC, Bravo, Channel 9, you name it.

It's best when it's a back-to-back double play, and I've been flipping channels and noticed it was on, had missed some early scenes, and knew I'd get to watch the replay. It might be the single thing I miss most about not having cable any more. The cheesier the mix of commercials, the better.

The last time I saw it this way was in an Airbnb in NYC's Theater District in 2018, and I was, as always, transfixed. And I was, as always, asked, "Again? How many times have you seen this?," and had to hear, "But it's already been on a while. And there's commercials."

And of course they're saying 'motherhumper,' and they've remove a lot of blood, and...I. Do. Not. Care.

This comment otherwise offers no opinion on the XL Center vs.Gampel, though a student-packed on-campus arena does align more with my overall values.

And, I'm not even criticizing Rothstein, because I did get to see a 35mm print of "Goodfellas" at Yale's Whitney Humanities Center in Fall 2019, and it was truly great.

So many possibilities, but I'll just go with this one...

goodfellas Copacabana nightclub

Now I wanna see it again.

Beat Nova at XL Tuesday!

Reaction Score
Can we move games back to the Fieldhouse where they really belong. What a site for sore eyes that would be for us old dudes. The noise in there blows the XL and Gampel away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom