Hartford > Gampel | The Boneyard

Hartford > Gampel

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
1645101787385.jpeg

Reaction Score
Disappointing to see about 200 empty seats in the lower bowl.

I know we rehash this all the time. But could you imagine that full student section on one full sideline. It would be electric. Then those empty seats likely corporate wouldn’t be as much of an issue/eye sore.

Reaction Score
1. Seton Hall
2. Marquette
3. Providence

Top 3 home crowds of the season imo. The other Big East crowds were pretty blah and then obviously there were the buy games. Only game I’ve missed so far is Butler.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Crowd last night was very good for a very big game. The crowd Saturday for Xavier will be great. And the crowd for Villanova will be just as good in Hartford next Tuesday. I've been to them all for 32 years now. It's not the building, it's not even the students. It's much more about WINNING and the opponent.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We own MSG in big games. The students have nothing to do with that. Been there a bunch too.

I not bashing the students, I love it when thet bring energy. But our enthusiasm or lack there of is about the team.

Reaction Score

Been to 2 games at XL and 2 games at gampel this year one being last nights game. The energy at gampel with the students is much better without a doubt.

Might need to order….

Reaction Score
Didn't look that way.
If you weren't there then don't give your opinion on the energy in the building.

Out of games I've been to this season:
1) Seton Hall
2) Marquette
3) Providence
4) Creighton

The student section was spilling over, you're not getting that at XL. And the rest of the crowd was just fine.

There's no doubt in my mind that if this game were played at XL the energy would be half what it was tonight. Part of that is on the bigger arena being harder to fill, but also because the majority of the student section would be empty.

Reaction Score
We always get into this "is gample or XL better" arguments, forgetting the big picture.

Having 2 home venues sucks, no one does it for a reason, and literally everyone knows it. We do it cuz the state has an arena that sucks in Hartford and we are going on 2 decades of it sucking.

Having two home courts succeeds in both cheapening each individual venue lowers each of their value, lessens our home court advantage because the players don't have as consistent an experience/traditions to get comfortable, its constantly something that we talk about and complain about as fans which means its an unnecessary sore spot forever, and unlanced boil in our fandom.

Just move everything to Gampel, do a couple MSG games a year for the fairfield county crowd, move the students behind the players benches, and everyone is happy. WTF lets just do the thing.

Reaction Score
We always get into this "is gample or XL better" arguments, forgetting the big picture.

Having 2 home venues sucks, no one does it for a reason, and literally everyone knows it. We do it cuz the state has an arena that sucks in Hartford and we are going on 2 decades of it sucking.

Having two home courts succeeds in both cheapening each individual venue lowers each of their value, lessens our home court advantage because the players don't have as consistent an experience/traditions to get comfortable, its constantly something that we talk about and complain about as fans which means its an unnecessary sore spot forever, and unlanced boil in our fandom.

Just move everything to Gampel, do a couple MSG games a year for the fairfield county crowd, move the students behind the players benches, and everyone is happy. lets just do the thing.

Now if the state REALLY wants to do it right, expand the logic and stop taking half measures here - take whatever money they were going to throw at the new latest XL disaster, burn the building down and use whatever's left over as a down payment and connect storrs/hartford Amtrak via light rail with stops in each suburb town, create a whole ton of jobs in the process, create a more convenient and long term durable transportation pipeline to their state university that connects it with all the big urban centers in the state.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
enough with the all the games should be played in Storrs talk. Full crowd didn’t come close to the Marquette or providence games this year.

Delete This Battle Royale GIF by PUBG Battlegrounds

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UConn has four titles playing in Hartford so suggestions about it being a competitive disadvantage are silly. However I thought the crowd look pretty good yesterday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom