Hartford/Elm City Thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Hartford/Elm City Thread

Reaction Score
Bad Omen Alert: HA play their first home game on Kentucky Derby day against a team that has a running horse in their logo.
Tongue firmly implanted in cheek ... just maybe the 1775, colonial-era bedecked man on horse, and US revolutionary Independence supersedes anything linked with a horse race >100 years younger in a crappy state which didn’t even exist in 1775. Regardless, CT’s more important US revolutionary influence trumps NC. Advantage: Hartford. ;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
After a cautious first 20 minutes or so HA came on pretty well. They started moving the ball better and created several chances. The other guys opened with a crap goal and finished with a nice goal. Good vibe at the watch party. At one point there were at least 20 people standing outside watching the game through the windows.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
After a cautious first 20 minutes or so HA came on pretty well. They started moving the ball better and created several chances. The other guys opened with a crap goal and finished with a nice goal. Good vibe at the watch party. At one point there were at least 20 people standing outside watching the game through the windows.
Where was the watch party?

Reaction Score
good beer but terrible place to host a viewing party

working on getting them moved to Tavern where AO has built a home for soccer culture

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
good beer but terrible place to host a viewing party

working on getting them moved to Tavern where AO has built a home for soccer culture

It makes sense at Hooker because its next to the stadium

Reaction Score
It makes sense at Hooker because its next to the stadium

Sure it's close for home games, but does limiting your events to it's capacity of 152 a smart idea when the club and SG's plan to grow? Folks were stuck on the patio unable to watch. I think for away games, proximity to the stadium should not be priority to comfortable space for those in attendance.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Unfortunately it looks like the rumors are true. The first month or so of games will be at The Rent. That sucks but it won't be as long a wait as it was for Spurs. And they sell No Filter there.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Are they not scheduled to play a home game until May due to hope that the stadium would be done or weather concerns or both?

I'm not losing sleep over them playing there from May to Mid June. The warmer months will be played at Dillon, assuming it actually gets done.

Would be cool if a HA game and Yard Goats game some how match up. Day game for one and night for other. Would be pretty awesome day in Hartford (Don't say that very often )

zls44

Reaction Score
They will outdraw the Blue and White game.

They'll draw more than a non-existent event, yes.

I don't understand the gloating

Tell you what, I'll stop crapping on Hartford event management and construction the day they prove they deserve the benefit of the doubt. The day they prove it. I don't think that's unfair.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Tell you what, I'll stop crapping on Hartford event management and construction the day they prove they deserve the benefit of the doubt. The day they prove it. I don't think that's unfair.

Do the Yard Goats deserve the benefit of the doubt?

zls44

Reaction Score
Do the Yard Goats deserve the benefit of the doubt?

The Yard Goats games are awesome. It doesn't mean the stadium process wasn't (and you could argue continues to be) a total cluster-f.

I have high expectations for the NCAAs next week. Helps that they don't have to build anything.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Rentschler is death for them. If they don’t get Dillon open they will go defunct mid-season.

Reaction Score
I went by the stadium over the weekend and was going to post that this announcement was inevitable. The East Grandstand structural elements and platforms are almost all in place, but the seats haven’t been installed. The West Stand doesn’t exist yet in any form. The building and press box behind those stands is just a shell. The locker room, concession and restroom buildings have been gutted but there’s no sign of great progress on any of them. It seemed clear that completing construction and getting an occupancy permit in time to use the stadium on May 4th was a pipe dream.

Since they have 35,000 extra seats, they should be contacting every AYSO and club team in the state offering $2 player and coach tickets to teams in uniform. Get people in the stadium to sample the product. Hopefully some will talk Mom and Dad into bringing them back at full price when the supply drops to 5K or so per game.

Reaction Score
I went by the stadium over the weekend and was going to post that this announcement was inevitable. The East Grandstand structural elements and platforms are almost all in place, but the seats haven’t been installed. The West Stand doesn’t exist yet in any form. The building and press box behind those stands is just a shell. The locker room, concession and restroom buildings have been gutted but there’s no sign of great progress on any of them. It seemed clear that completing construction and getting an occupancy permit in time to use the stadium on May 4th was a pipe dream.

Since they have 35,000 extra seats, they should be contacting every AYSO and club team in the state offering $2 player and coach tickets to teams in uniform. Get people in the stadium to sample the product. Hopefully some will talk Mom and Dad into bringing them back at full price when the supply drops to 5K or so per game.

Make it free.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't agree with free overall, I think it hurts in the long run. Maybe for the home opener.

Reaction Score
I’m good with free for youth teams at the home opener. They should do anything to put butts in the seats that doesn’t devalue the product.

HA also announced that all home games will be on My9. You’ve got to wonder about the impact of seeing a sea of empty seats for the early home games.

Reaction Score
I’m good with free for youth teams at the home opener. They should do anything to put butts in the seats that doesn’t devalue the product.

HA also announced that all home games will be on My9. You’ve got to wonder about the impact of seeing a sea of empty seats for the early home games.

That’s great that they are own local TV. Gotta get that free exposure.

One positive aspect of The Rent is the top notch playing surface. They could be at a high school with lacrosse lines and that would be ugly.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I went to a soccer game at The Rent last fall. It had fewer spectators than HA will have and they weren't selling beer. It was still great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom