Hartford Athletic | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hartford Athletic

TKs

Reaction Score
Had no idea about the history of Dillon Stadium until reading the articles about HA. New York Cosmo's (NASL) w/ Pele played a couple matches there & Giorgio Chinaglia played a couple matches there for the Hartford Bicentennials (NASL). Grateful Dead, Rolling Stones, Beach Boys, Yes, Kiss, etc. Good stuff!

Reaction Score
How Hartford Athletic plans to build CT's next sports brand

"Unlike the Hartford Yard Goats, the Double-A affiliate of the Colorado Rockies, and the Hartford Wolf Pack, the AHL affiliate of the New York Rangers, HSG is operating as an independent franchise.

Mandell's group has discussed partnerships to swap players with Major League Soccer's New England Revolution, New York City FC or New York Red Bulls, but will not entertain a direct relationship. Mandell said he and his partners want to retain full ownership rights, which will allow them to collect a larger cut of revenues from sponsorships, concessions and ticket and merchandise sales.

"We want to own Hartford's team and we don't want to give up any of that control," Mandell said.

"We can have relationships with anyone we want," he said, adding the Revolution have provided crucial advice on navigating the pro soccer landscape in New England."

All this remains to be seen but these guys certainly are saying a lot of the right things.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How long before this team is allowed to compete for the US Cup?

Reaction Score
drove by yesterday - good to see some serious progress​

Reaction Score
Paul Buckle - Wikipedia

Hearing some whispers about Paul Buckle for the couch. Had this in the back of my head when Premier League came back this weekend. Married to Rebecca Lowe who flies to CT every week from CA to broadcast down in Stamford. Another solid hire if true.

Reaction Score
That hire makes total sense. NBC Sports is in CT. Hartford Athletic will get a little free publicity I bet too.

Reaction Score
adding the Revolution have provided crucial advice on navigating the pro soccer landscape in New England."
I'd hope they'd listen to whatever advice the Revs have and then do the exact opposite. That's like listening to the captain of the Titanic for navigation advice.

Reaction Score
Drove by today and all of the bleachers are gone (apparently the engineers investigating the highway side stands came to the readily apparent conclusion that they had to come down too). Only the buildings they are going to renovate remain.

Reaction Score
I'd hope they'd listen to whatever advice the Revs have and then do the exact opposite. That's like listening to the captain of the Titanic for navigation advice.

Ain’t that the truth. Worst franchise in MLS, probably the least valued too at this point.

Reaction Score
Drove by today and all of the bleachers are gone (apparently the engineers investigating the highway side stands came to the readily apparent conclusion that they had to come down too). Only the buildings they are going to renovate remain.

I think the plan is to move the field and seating toward the east. So those stands would have to be removed.

Reaction Score
I think the plan is to move the field and seating toward the east. So those stands would have to be removed.
One of the articles said they were looking into whether any or all of those stands could be saved. Perhaps the plan was to move them per the design decision you cited if they were in adequate shape, but I didn’t see any sign of them so it appears they didn’t make the cut.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm glad they're starting from scratch, though admittedly it's not my money.

Reaction Score
Club leadership is meeting with supporters and anyone interested at Tavern Downtown tonight around 7pm

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom