Hartford Athletic - 2021 | The Boneyard

Hartford Athletic - 2021

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Athletic has just been approved for 50% capacity, so games will be twice as good as last year. I can't wait for the season, I think they hired a good coach and the franchise has a plan.

Reaction Score
While they were clearly not of the class of NYCFC in yesterday's practice friendly, Athletic played well and made the hosts work for a 2=0 victory. Over the last 1/3 the game got a little chippy, although I thought Athletic's aggressiveness was exaggerated by NYC's diving practice - going down like they were shot after what were, at most, minor fouls.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey outlaw, I noticed that the Tavern is now a HA Pub Partner! Is there a story there?
No story that I'm aware of - Tavern has always been good about partnering with local teams/events.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Opening Day! Hartford getting no respect again despite winning their division last year. This season they are picked to come in 6th out of 8 in their conference, top 4 make the playoffs. It looks like they can score, I'm not sure how well they can defend. Game is on MyTV9.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Standing alone atop the Atlantic Division!

1619884978598.png

Reaction Score
Very solid game for Athletic and it bodes well for the future. Miami packed its roster with experienced players this off-season while HA went for younger guys. They played with strong discipline under the new coach and earned what may appear later in the season to have been a tough road win.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Tailgating is back! Dillon is going to be rocking!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Home Opener Tonight! Don't bother showing up without a ticket, it's a sellout!

Reaction Score
Home Opener Tonight! Don't bother showing up without a ticket, it's a sellout!
We're gonna get hammered before the game and march in there with our drums while humming brass bonanaza. Nothing will stop us now!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We're gonna get hammered before the game and march in there with our drums while humming brass bonanza. Nothing will stop us now!
I expect nothing less!

Reaction Score
Our fight song is humming Brass Bonanza? I got a better one.

Black hole sun, won't you come and wash away the rain, black hole sun, won't you come, won't you come....

Must say, very, very sad that Cornell's kids have to live with death threats now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Our fight song is humming Brass Bonanza? I got a better one.

Black hole sun, won't you come and wash away the rain, black hole sun, won't you come, won't you come....

Must say, very, very sad that Cornell's kids have to live with death threats now.
Because of him, this exists (your favorite version I imagine):

Reaction Score
Our fight song is humming Brass Bonanza?
No but we still hum it regardless because a majority of the guys in our group are Whalers fans. I never got into hockey so I'll never understand the obsession for a team that fled south almost 25 years ago.?

Reaction Score
No but we still hum it regardless because a majority of the guys in our group are Whalers fans. I never got into hockey so I'll never understand the obsession for a team that fled south almost 25 years ago.?
They have low self esteems and boost their egos reminding themselves we had a major league team 25 years ago.

Reaction Score
If there's ever a good draw Hartford Athletic got one tonight 1-1 versus one of the league's best teams, Pittsburgh. Late in a rather uneventful first half the Riverhounds got an opening when a high clear was headed on to a sole runner that managed to just tuck it into the top corner of the net. From there Athletic played a solid game but it looked like they could come up short because Pittsburgh packed in the defense and Hartford couldn't break them down in the last 30 yards. They got a break, however, when one of the opponent's best players, Forbes, stupidly bougtht himself a red card. After an Athletic defender took a bit of a dive and was writhing on the ground in imaginary agony, Forbes apparently decded to give him a real reason to complain by clearly and intentionally stepping on his ankle. It was a obvious red card offense. Athletic used the man advantage to push play forward and finally scored off a corner kick in stoppage time.

For a game that feature relatively few serious goal-scoring threats for either side, it was a fun watch as both sides played a solid fundamental game. This was the kind of match where the first year's team, and to a degree even last year's playoff team, might have cracked against a strong opponent. This younger team didn't.

Reaction Score
FWIW, Connecticut has a decent shot at landing a NWSL franchise for New England, placed in Hartford. My guess on team colors would be neon blue and neon green. Can't use a color called baby blue in the NWSL....

If CT was smart, they'd get it done before someone else does. Just like Raleigh losing their MLS bid.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm gonna worry about getting one franchise established first.

Reaction Score
My guess on team colors would be neon blue and neon green
As much as I love the green and blue it'd be nice to see a new team with a different color scheme for once.

Reaction Score
As much as I love the green and blue it'd be nice to see a new team with a different color scheme for once.
Finally, someone who agrees! For a city with a history like Hartford, green and blue is the best we can do?

I recall someone on here saying Hartford Athletic won't last past one season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom