Hartford Athletic - 2021 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Hartford Athletic - 2021

Reaction Score
Says the ableist and racist.

The irony of this discussion is that it brings out the hypocrisy and double standards of some posters on here. More than one person.

Saying Hartford Athletic should have tried to be creative is one of the dumbest possible things on the internet. That in itself is as dumb as it gets.

Go ahead and worship the green and blue if it makes your life feel more complete. Since I have to repeat myself, I said I have a Whalers flag from the HHOF on my wall. Worth more than your Whalers t shirts.

Speaking of being clearly mentally ill and needing professional help...

Wackjob

Reaction Score
Your idea of creativity is navy blue? I'm thinking your favorite ice cream is vanilla.
Navy blue, white and some metallic color would have been great. Give Hartford a refreshing look, instead of the same old Whalers whining/being a loser/victim drama.

I am convinced those who cling to Whalers lore need to look at their own priorities more deeply. Your great great great grandkids won't give a crap about the Whalers.

First, not a fan of iced cream. My sweet tooth died I can't even remember when. Second, I like butter pecan.

Just had to respond to your question. Carry on without me here!

For God's sake, my high school has as many state championships in hockey as the number of years the Whalers existed in the NHL. Some old trophies used to have the Whalers logo on them, from what I recall.

Last edited:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Sooooo....when was the last post on HA's play on the field???

Maybe we need to lock this thread or rename it and start a new one on the actual on field play/results and leave this, whatever it is, to continue as something else.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Navy blue, white
So to have a fresher look, instead of colors that are barely used in pro sports; you are suggesting HA should have borrowed from that up-and-comer Yale.

Reaction Score
So to have a fresher look, instead of colors that are barely used in pro sports; you are suggesting HA should have borrowed from that up-and-comer Yale.
Yale won a championship in hockey before the Whalers. Took them 120 years.

Reaction Score
Yale won a championship in hockey before the Whalers. Took them 120 years.
Yale was founded in 1701. The Failers were founded in 1972. Yale is still around. The Failers aren't. I rest my case.

Reaction Score
On top of that, there's no pro team with only navy blue and white as their colors. How are the Brooklyn Nets doing with the black and white look?

Reaction Score
Yale was founded in 1701. The Failers were founded in 1972. Yale is still around. The Failers aren't. I rest my case.
Yale was named after a man who made a fortune in India and is buried in England. Yale was essentially founded using money from India.

@ZooCougar, were there IEDs around or near the Indian subcontinent back then??

Reaction Score
Maybe we need to lock this thread or rename it and start a new one on the actual on field play/results and leave this, whatever it is, to continue as something else.
I always thought it was weird how you and your buddies love talking about HA on a UConn message board when HA obviously has nothing to do with UConn. Heck, the HA group on Facebook is a better gathering place. lol

Reaction Score
I always thought it was weird how you and your buddies love talking about HA on a UConn message board when HA obviously has nothing to do with UConn. Heck, the HA group on Facebook is a better gathering place. lol
They created this section for all soccer. We talk about UConn soccer in another section, under baseball and Olympic sports.

(Sparing you being admonished by someone else going berserk.)

Reaction Score
Now even Hartford City FC uses green?!!?!

Hartford is hopeless until the Big Dig is done. Maybe it'll draw some new blood who have imaginations.

Reaction Score
You think that's bad? They don't even play in Hartford. Portland, CT was their home this year.
I suppose wearing green motivates them to want to play at Port Hartford, I mean Fortress Hartford for the playoffs.

Reaction Score
I suppose wearing green motivates them to want to play at Port Hartford, I mean Fortress Hartford for the playoffs.
Wearing green reminds 'em of what they could've been if Mandell and HA didn't come along and "screw up" their plans. Or so I was told by a diehard HCFC fan when I asked him why they wear green. haha

Reaction Score
Wearing green reminds 'em of what they could've been if Mandell and HA didn't come along and "screw up" their plans. Or so I was told by a diehard HCFC fan when I asked him why they wear green. haha
More people playing victim! What a surprise! I cannot think of an area in New England that plays victim as much as Hartford County. They are clearly fighting for inclusion in major leagues.

What's their average attendance? 125?

Reaction Score
What's their average attendance? 125?
125 LOL! If they got anywhere near that it would've been during their inaugural season back in 2017. I hear the only ones who show up anymore are the 10 or less people who make up the team's SG.

Reaction Score
125 LOL! If they got anywhere near that it would've been during their inaugural season back in 2017. I hear the only ones who show up anymore are the 10 or less people who make up the team's SG.
Pandemic and their present home venue is low cost. Hard to believe this team is still afloat. Idiot owner should have moved the team elsewhere in CT. Wasting money to feed his ego wrecklessly.

Reaction Score
Pandemic and their present home venue is low cost. Hard to believe this team is still afloat. Idiot owner should have moved the team elsewhere in CT. Wasting money to feed his ego wrecklessly.
Well his team has played in New Britain (CCSU), West Hartford (UHart), and Portland while still retaining "Hartford" in the name. So technically he has moved his team around.

Reaction Score
Well his team has played in New Britain (CCSU), West Hartford (UHart), and Portland while still retaining "Hartford" in the name. So technically he has moved his team around.
How did Mandell beat out HCFC for Dillon?

I meant a permanent move to Stamford, Norwalk, Westport, Bridgeport, Fairfield or SE CT. Danbury was even an option.

What happened to SE CT getting a team in NISA? When NISA was announced, Connecticut was included as a potential site for a franchise.

Reaction Score
How did Mandell beat out HCFC for Dillon?
Because out of the 3 parties interested in Dillon, he was the only one who committed to spending millions of his own money to bring in a D2 USL team. Despite their interest in wanting to join NASL 2.0, HCFC was going to remain D4 semi-pro (amateur) not to mention the $650,000 they wanted to spend to renovate the stadium was deemed insufficient by the CRDA. The 3rd guy (TJ Clynch/Civic Mind) had no plans to bring in a soccer team and wanted to renovate Dillon in phases. Oh and he also claimed UConn soccer was more "valuable" than USL soccer. No joke. He actually made that statement in his proposal. As a result his proposal didn't meet requirements as per the CRDA.
Screenshot 2021-08-10 7.33.05 PM.png

What happened to SE CT getting a team in NISA? When NISA was announced, Connecticut was included as a potential site for a franchise.
No one really knows. NISA announced it a few years ago and have been radio silent on the matter ever since.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Those last 2 were/are definitely almost completely incompetent when it comes to modern franchise ownership. Mandell is eh, competent enough to put the Whalers (who actually win) on a soccer field. The USL-W is a very dumb proposition when you can accommodate the NWSL. Let someone else run the NWSL team.

HCFC actually started out strong but have floundered their opportunity so far.

Reaction Score
Those last 2 were/are definitely almost completely incompetent when it comes to modern franchise ownership.
Yeah, they got real salty when their proposals got rejected. TJ Clynch has been running a smear campaign against Mandell on his Civic Mind website ever since. I skim over it every now and again for a good laugh.
The USL-W is a very dumb proposition when you can accommodate the NWSL.
Hartford is more than capable of supporting the NWSL. Now all we're going to get is a pro-am squad dressed in green and blue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom