Hartford Athletic - 2021 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Hartford Athletic - 2021

Reaction Score
Thought you might have a bit of self-awareness or honesty. My bad.
Oh so now we're just gonna ignore the screenshot I posted where I corrected myself? Okay! Please do learn to read. It's embarrassing for a grown adult (assuming you are one) to not know how to read.

Reaction Score
Athetic lost a tough game 3-1 to Pittsburgh. I like how the RiverHounds play but I could never respect them because they used the same unimaginative Black and Gold color scheme used by every Pittsburgh team. Highmark Stadium is just across the river from the site of Colonial era French and British forts. They could have used red, white and blue in their honor.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Athetic lost a tough game 3-1 to Pittsburgh. I like how the RiverHounds play but I could never respect them because they used the same unimaginative Black and Gold color scheme used by every Pittsburgh team.
I see what you did there. And what about the Pens? They began in majestic powder blue before they conformed to the Borg.

Reaction Score

Yup, unimaginative. Once had their own colors. At least new logo is better than the Hartford Whalers FC.

They don't even upload the Hartford Athletic logo under USL logos. And these guys tend to be on top of sports marketing. Geez.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Yup, unimaginative. Once had their own colors. At least new logo is better than the Hartford Whalers FC.

They don't even upload the Hartford Athletic logo under USL logos. And these guys tend to be on top of sports marketing. Geez.
You think a failure to have a logo on sportslogos.net says anything about marketing to an audience in Hartford? I doubt any of the teams listed has sold a single ticket based on that page. In fact, a number of teams listed as current members are defunct or moved to another league.

Reaction Score
You think a failure to have a logo on sportslogos.net says anything about marketing to an audience in Hartford? I doubt any of the teams listed has sold a single ticket based on that page. In fact, a number of teams listed as current members are defunct or moved to another league.
It's probably because they even think the logo sucks. I don't recall saying anything about an inability to draw fans. They obviously haven't updated the for a bit but still fail to include Hartford.

Let me know how bridges being painted blue and green look.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Athletic has an excellent crest. It recalls the Soldiers and Sailor's Arch in Bushnell Park, tying it to the city. Very creative.

Reaction Score
dcdc42598ffd93dd12f09ca06c23899e.jpg

This team should be in New London, no? No one is going to tie in architectural structures with HA's logo.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
View attachment 68857
This team should be in New London, no? No one is going to tie in architectural structures with HA's logo.
That is not HA's crest. It is the logo of a blog I had never heard of before. I will have to check them out.

Reaction Score
@Butch Bruce Mandell trademarked "Whale City FC" early on before settling on "Hartford Athletic." He had to be reminded that it wasn't wise to name his team after a defunct hockey team that a lunatic fringe still worship to this very day.

Reaction Score
@Butch Bruce Mandell trademarked "Whale City FC" early on before settling on "Hartford Athletic." He had to be reminded that it wasn't wise to name his team after a defunct hockey team that a lunatic fringe still worship to this very day.
Why am I not surprised?!

Reaction Score
Did you see the new logo for Liverpool's kit sponsor? The bandwagon is getting fuller!
Oh yes, a kit sponsor from across the pond is jumping onto the Whalers bandwagon. Right.

Reaction Score
Standard Chartered's actual logo looks more like something resembling the Seattle Kraken. The Kraken blow the Whalers out of the water with their whole package. While here, we cower in fear, grabbing onto anything green and blue.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Standard Chartered's actual logo looks more like something resembling the Seattle Kraken. The Kraken blow the Whalers out of the water with their whole package. While here, we cower in fear, grabbing onto anything green and blue.
The Kraken's logo with it's negative space was inspired by the Whale's.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why you and Butch get your panties all in a bunch over the fact that we love our Whalers.
Yeah, that's just it...how can anyone "love", "support" and/or be a "fan" of a team that died a quarter of a century ago? All you got right now is memories from a bygone era. And that's assuming you were even alive when the Whalers were here. Seriously, I've seen kids who were born after 1997 be like "I miss the Whalers" and I'm like :rolleyes:
Why is it such an issue to you that the color scheme is amazing and the teams around here use it?
The combination of green and blue is amazing if it's being worn by a Hartford hockey team. Unlike you I actually prefer originality. The Goats and HA are only using those colors as a way to pander to Whalers fans who really could care less about baseball or soccer. Why do you think the Goats have "Whalers Weekend" and invite the same old guys year after year? Because they know Whalers Nation (or what's left of 'em) will only show up if their dead team is being honored.

Reaction Score
Why do the Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Hawks and Atlanta Braves all feature red uniforms. Is it because the Georgia Bulldogs are red? I think so. And guess what colors the Atlanta MLS team features?

I must say, this team color thread is one of the dumbest things on the BY.......and that's saying something.

Reaction Score
Why do the Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Hawks and Atlanta Braves all feature red uniforms. Is it because the Georgia Bulldogs are red? I think so. And guess what colors the Atlanta MLS team features?

I must say, this team color thread is one of the dumbest things on the BY.......and that's saying something.
The Braves wore red since they were in Boston. Their dominant color is navy blue. The St Louis Hawks also used red.

Continue on. Are all teams wearing just red and black? If so, then you have a point. But as usual.... Only the Falcons and United sought out to use the colors of GT and UGA. And those schools are still active and useful.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To show unity and pride in the city of Atlanta unlike Hartford teams who rip off the Whalers colors just to appease a crowd who don't give two about 'em.
Welcome to the internet buttercup!

Reaction Score

I forgot to mention, ever notice countless UConn fans on here crying about colors and logos? So obtuse.

This thread is about a team. Not colors. We added a team's colors to the conversation. Maybe you should go back and research how often UConn fans cry about their own colors and logo. Heck, even fans of other teams cry.

So yeah, continue on. Move along.

Reaction Score
This is absurd. There’s absolutely no reason not to use a color scheme that provides Athletic with one of the most attractive home kits in the league. That’s really all that matters as it generates jersey sales and seen on the street marketing and it seems in that regard HA is doing very well. Living in Fairfield County I’ve only been to 4-5 games in 3 years but I don’t remember seeing anyone in Whaler gear. If, however, it attracts a few fans from the Whaler’s cult following that’s great. It’s hard to imagine anyone that has such a sad existence that they wouldn’t go because the hometown team’s color scheme was used 25 years ago by a team they didn’t like or that broke their heart.

Reaction Score
If, however, it attracts a few fans from the Whaler’s cult following that’s great.
It's going to take more than Whalers inspired branding/colors to get these folks to show up to games. They only show up when the Whalers get honored and a sweaty dude in a green whale suit makes an appearance.

Reaction Score
Navy blue and white would have looked incredible and majestic for colors, if you ask me. All it would have taken. Just that much thought, which some of you spew, but over the Whalers. And those are the colors most heavily associated with big time (and successful) athletics in Connecticut, ironically. Colors go back to the Hartford Dark Blues of the NL. The Hartford Athletic in navy blue and white could have easily created Victorian vibes in presentation. You know, the city's best years.

The Whalers have something like a 33% win percentage against the Bruins. Team were losers. Especially Brendan Shanahan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom