Happy Super Bowl Sunday boneyard | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Happy Super Bowl Sunday boneyard

Reaction Score
I'm not good with words, but as I've gotten older, things that like this have made me realize sports don't matter as much and yet they do at the same time (ie Piazza's HR in the first pro sports game in NY after 9/11). I hope you have a great night celebrating an incredible victory.

I didn't even see the part about your dad. My condolences. I hope I get to celebrate a Mets World Series win with my mother and brother. If you show up at the Cesspool poker game I'd love to buy you a drink.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thanks fleud - the first thing I thought of was my brother who I lost in May to pancreatic cancer and one of my last conversations with him was about the Pats
Im going to go out and get a Super Bowl garden flag to replace that balloon
Thank you Pats for him
This victory doesn't replace your loss but there's some celebrating going on with dad and bro!

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Greatest sporting moment shared with my son bar none! Thanks Pats for making my sons journey to school tomorrow one where he can wear his Gronk jersey with pride. To many Colts fans where we live in Ohio.

Reaction Score
The GOAT is Kraft, Belicheck and the GM who put together a cast better than any other, year after year.

Brady is a great QB who is the football equivalent of Lou Gehrig.

What if Bledsoe never got hurt?

Reaction Score
David Tyree, Lynn Swann and that other Steelers receiver against 'Zona, you all move down a slot.

Nothing can top Tyree with the storyline and because it was Rodney Harrison against David Tyree a career special teams player, amazing catch non the less.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Stop.
Brady-5
Marino-0

Any records Dan had has been eclipsed and he has zero champs
Thirty years from now Marino will be known for Nutrisystem and Ace Ventura.
images

"Hi @Chin Diesel !!"

Reaction Score
The GOAT is Kraft, Belicheck and the GM who put together a cast better than any other, year after year.

Brady is a great QB who is the football equivalent of Lou Gehrig.

What if Bledsoe never got hurt?
In Gary Meyers book he states that Belichick wanted to start Brady ahead of Bledsoe to start the season because he thought he was the better QB. Belichick eventually decided to put off the change because of all the flack he got in Cleveland when he replaced fan favorite and hometown boy Bernie Kosar. Brady eventually was going to start ahead of Bledsoe. Mo Lewis just sped up the process.

Reaction Score
Marino is the best I have ever seen. But Brady must be the greatest. And I despise the Patriots.

Reaction Score
Great comeback. I thought they were finished. Every last thing had to go right and they threaded the needle. Incredible.
You hit the nail on the head...every last thing had to go right....and they all did. One miss on a 4th down pass or one of the 2 pt conversions or one of many more plays would have ended the Patriots hopes. This was much more a story of an incredible clutch comeback performance by the Patriots than a choke by the Falcons! Brady's passing was virtually pinpoint perfect. What a display of clutch play!

Reaction Score
Our Super Bowl host used Chinet Crudités platters as the serving dishes. One just sat there with a full buffet table under your chin.

Reaction Score
None. Shula was plenty good enough coach.
Amazing how people contort themselves to not call Tom Brady the GOAT. People forget, in the two losses he walked off the field very late having given his team the lead, and his defense blew it. It almost happened a 3rd time against the Seahawks.

You'd figure overcoming a 25 point lead, with 4 minutes left in the 3rd, would make some say, okay maybe, just maybe this guy is the best to ever do this. 7 super bowl appearances with a team that is constantly changing. I think there were only 22 players left from the team that won it 2 years ago. Simply put, the GOAT.

Reaction Score
Joe D continues to show that he is the biggest DB in broadcasting! He opens the show today by not even mentioning the Super Bowl, tries to act "clever" and gives a bunch of other topics they could discuss today and then asks Gresh which one he wants to talk about...what an idiot. Thankfully, Gresh kind of snipped at him with a "yeah right" type response and went right to the game.

Then they have a football guest on and DB Joe decides to take him on during the guest's assessment of the game...and he does it in a totally unprofessional manner...of course...he just attacks. How does this idiot stay employed?!?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom