Happy Super Bowl Sunday boneyard | The Boneyard

Happy Super Bowl Sunday boneyard

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Looking forward to watching Goodell fake enthusiasm while handing the Lombardi Trophy to the 7-time SB champion Patriots, featuring the greatest coach/QB combo of all time.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Wreh Wilson and Williams have been inactive throughout the playoffs. I don't see that changing.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Anything less surprising than a NE fan not knowing how many SB they have actually won?

I'm not actually a Pats fan. But I live in Pittsburgh and despise the Steelers and a Pats win would make them crazy.

All week long Steeler fans have been complaining how Belichick and Brady can't compare to Noll/Bradshaw and whatever record they're going to take away from the Steelers isn't legit.

So I don't apologize for not knowing the correct number, maybe it's five from one coach/QB combo, but I'm happy I upset you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Still can get a ring and represent well.

Should they play, they wouldn't be the first Atlanta Falcons in the superbowl to come out of UConn by the way.

I hope the Patsy's lose in embarrassing fashion.

Reaction Score
Anything less surprising than a NE fan not knowing how many SB they have actually won?

LoL. How about the ones they've actually played in? Nobody bandwagons like Patsy's fans.

Before Belichick - were Raymond Berry and Bill Parrcells taking the Patsy's to the SB.

Chicago Bears. 1985. Steve Grogan. Tony Eason. Irving Fryar. Andre Tippett. John Hannah.

Belichick and Brady and the Patsy's deserve credit where it's due, they've pushed the envelope for many years on the game of football. The sport wouldn' be able to police itself so well on videotaping practices and stuff.

:-O

Reaction Score
Looking forward to watching Goodell fake enthusiasm while handing the Lombardi Trophy to the 7-time SB champion Patriots, featuring the greatest coach/QB combo of all time.

The Pats are going for their 5th, they would be going for their 7th if they didnt lose to the Giants guess your trying not to count those losses.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
You don't get a participation trophy for getting to the Super Bowl. No, the two times they lost don't count so they would be getting their 5th trophy.

Reaction Score
Still can get a ring and represent well.

Should they play, they wouldn't be the first Atlanta Falcons in the superbowl to come out of UConn by the way.

Good call - Brian Kozlowski in 1998 vs Denver. Had 1 reception & a couple kick returns.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The Pats are going for their 5th, they would be going for their 7th if they didnt lose to the Giants guess your trying not to count those losses.
You don't get a participation trophy for getting to the Super Bowl. No, the two times they lost don't count so they would be getting their 5th trophy.
The Patsy's are going for their 5th. Their 5th LOSS DOH!

As mentioned upthread, I got the # wrong, but what's important to me is that a Pats win will anger Steeler fans as it puts Brady/Bill above Bradshaw/Noll in wins. And I'm all for anything that upsets Steelers fans. Unless you live here, you have no idea how insufferable Steelers culture is.

99% of my football viewing is college and mostly UConn at that. Was a Jets fan for 40 years, but haven't followed NFL since Pennington got kicked to the curb for Favre. So sue me.

Reaction Score
As mentioned upthread, I got the # wrong, but what's important to me is that a Pats win will anger Steeler fans as it puts Brady/Bill above Bradshaw/Noll in wins. And I'm all for anything that upsets Steelers fans. Unless you live here, you have no idea how insufferable Steelers culture is.

99% of my football viewing is college and mostly UConn at that. Was a Jets fan for 40 years, but haven't followed NFL since Pennington got kicked to the curb for Favre. So sue me.

Jets? Impressive you lasted that long.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Jets? Impressive you lasted that long.

Nobody's ever going to accuse me of being a front-runner or fairweather fan. At least when losing the Jets were entertaining. But I also believe in having class, and Woody doesn't.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Nobody's ever going to accuse me of being a front-runner or fairweather fan. At least when losing the Jets were entertaining. But I also believe in having class, and Woody doesn't.

I am still (barely) hanging in there as a Jets fan. I wish it was easier to change allegiance, but it's hard to change old habits.

Being a Jets fan in Atlanta, I am all about the Falcons today. Luckily Falcons fans haven't been too douchey and turned me against the team.

I actually think the Falcons will win. The Patriots fed on crappy AFC east teams with bad offenses. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats won, but the past 12 months have been about the underdogs (Cubs, Cavs) maybe it's time for Atlanta.

Reaction Score
Been a crazy week down here.

Attachments

• IMG_2255.JPG
    IMG_2255.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 50
Reaction Score

Or 5 time if they win.

Reaction Score
Excellent excellent rendition of "America the Beautiful". My reaction to that little modification mirrored that of Dan Quinn

Reaction Score
Pats gave up on the run in the pre game. This could get ugly for them

Reaction Score
Pats gave up on the run in the pre game. This could get ugly for them

I was at the NFC championship game. These guys get on a roll they will be hard to stop. This feels like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom