Happy Super Bowl Sunday boneyard | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Happy Super Bowl Sunday boneyard

Reaction Score
Mother of all meltdowns. Unfrigginreal.

Props to the Pats (blecch!). This has gotta be the piece de resistance of their dynasty.

Reaction Score
Feel free to suggest an alternative.

Elway, Unitas, Bradshaw, Marino, Staubach, Favre, Starr. Is Stabler better than Favre just by having 2 Super Bowl titles instead of 1?

Reaction Score
I have to hand it to Atlanta. They stand alone in history when it comes to bad clock management. They have literally put themselves in position to lose a game that could not be lost. Simply amazing that professional coaches can be so bad in that situation.

Watching this makes me feel pretty good as a giants fan standing alone in history being the only team beating the pats in a Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
Elway, Unitas, Bradshaw, Marino, Staubach, Favre, Starr. Is Stabler better than Favre just by having 2 Super Bowl titles instead of 1?

Hah completely forgot Montana...that's Jack talking for me.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Stop.
Brady-5
Marino-0

Any records Dan had has been eclipsed and he has zero champs
Thirty years from now Marino will be known for Nutrisystem and Ace Ventura.

Reaction Score
Stop.
Brady-5
Marino-0

Any records Dan had has been eclipsed and he has zero champs
Thirty years from now Marino will be known for Nutrisystem and Ace Ventura.

Listen, I hate Marino and wish him horrible things like Finkle's mother. How may rings do you think he has if he was on the Pats starting in 2000? Also, what about the rest of who I suggested? I already said he's had the best career.

Reaction Score
give it up and come back sober

Listen, he's clearly a 1st ballot HOFer and a candidate for GOAT. I just think he's had a great situation to help him compared to other QB's.

I actually retract something I previously said...he's better than Bradshaw.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Listen, I hate Marino and wish him horrible things like Finkle's mother. How may rings do you think he has if he was on the Pats starting in 2000? Also, what about the rest of who I suggested? I already said he's had the best career.

Marino was a selfish tool. Stories about him at Pitt were legendary, which is why he had to wait around on draft day. Apparently he didn't get much better under Shula. He wouldn't have been able to play under Belichick.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

None. Shula was plenty good enough coach.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Listen, he's clearly a 1st ballot HOFer and a candidate for GOAT. I just think he's had a great situation to help him compared to other QB's.

I actually retract something I previously said...he's better than Bradshaw.
He and Bill B created the situation

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Your dad and brother are celebrating. Congrats. Same here.
Thanks fleud - the first thing I thought of was my brother who I lost in May to pancreatic cancer and one of my last conversations with him was about the Pats
Im going to go out and get a Super Bowl garden flag to replace that balloon
Thank you Pats for him

Reaction Score
Thanks fleud - the first thing I thought of was my brother who I lost in May to pancreatic cancer and one of my last conversations with him was about the Pats
Thank you Pats for him

I'm not good with words, but as I've gotten older, things that like this have made me realize sports don't matter as much and yet they do at the same time (ie Piazza's HR in the first pro sports game in NY after 9/11). I hope you have a great night celebrating an incredible victory.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom