Hannah Gusters??? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Hannah Gusters???

Reaction Score
I'm a little unclear on something. Do you think we need bigs?

If only we had someone who could state this over and over again as if no one on the board had ever heard it...
Maybe it’s because it is so frustrating and mystifying why the coaching staff touted to be the best in the country can’t seem to get a big

Reaction Score
Some scientist tested UCONN's ice cream and concluded it had the absolute highest butter fat content of any ice cream he had ever tested. Butter fat is what gives ice cream its flavor and texture. The more the better (except for your arteries).

A less scientific test involves ordering an "extra thick" milkshake and try - unsuccessfully - to suck it through a straw.

Reaction Score
I understand this obsession with ice cream, but does Gusters? Not so very many people choose where to live based on ice cream do they? Does Gusters even like ice cream all that much? Has she ever said? I did read this week about a football player picking Texas because of the Austin barbeque.

I propose Gusters to UConn, Hailey Van Lith to Baylor, and S Andrews to Texas. I think that is more than fair.

But, back to ICE CREAM! If I ever visit within a hundred miles of the UConn campus, I will certainly make it to the Dairy Barn. When I lived in San Francisco, there was an ice cream shop in every neighborhood. One could find different styles as well as different flavors of ice cream. There was a place out in the Mission making tropical flavors such as several varieties of coconut and mango well before such flavors hit main street USA. I moved to Austin 25 years ago and found Amys. That was it -- one local ice cream -- very good, but not exciting. I hear about places selling "craft" ice cream now, but none of the locations are near my home. I am so far making do with Amy's Mexican Vanilla (of which I have become very fond). From the grocery, yes, it is usually Blue Bell. As someone I once knew (may she RIP) would say, I find Blue Bell to be "absolutely acceptable", particularly when one considers the lower calorie count that helps me justify the indulgence.

Reaction Score
One correction. It's the Dairy Bar, not Dairy Barn. When you get there, if you look to the left you can see the outlines of the bricked in entrance to the old Dairy Bar.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I understand this obsession with ice cream, but does Gusters? Not so very many people choose where to live based on ice cream do they? Does Gusters even like ice cream all that much? Has she ever said? I did read this week about a football player picking Texas because of the Austin barbeque.

I propose Gusters to UConn, Hailey Van Lith to Baylor, and S Andrews to Texas. I think that is more than fair.

But, back to ICE CREAM! If I ever visit within a hundred miles of the UConn campus, I will certainly make it to the Dairy Barn. When I lived in San Francisco, there was an ice cream shop in every neighborhood. One could find different styles as well as different flavors of ice cream. There was a place out in the Mission making tropical flavors such as several varieties of coconut and mango well before such flavors hit main street USA. I moved to Austin 25 years ago and found Amys. That was it -- one local ice cream -- very good, but not exciting. I hear about places selling "craft" ice cream now, but none of the locations are near my home. I am so far making do with Amy's Mexican Vanilla (of which I have become very fond). From the grocery, yes, it is usually Blue Bell. As someone I once knew (may she RIP) would say, I find Blue Bell to be "absolutely acceptable", particularly when one considers the lower calorie count that helps me justify the indulgence.

Not only ice cream. CT is the world leader in apizza. It gets documented repeatedly online that Frank Pepe's in New Haven, as well as a few other locations, is the best pizza anywhere. Almost any non-chain CT pizza restaurant is better than you will find anywhere else. We lead the nation in ice cream and pizza. 15 combined NCAA D-I national BB titles, more than any other school in the country, attest to that fact.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think every UConn fan on the Boneyard, and indeed UConn fans anywhere, would say yes to your "trade" offer in a New York (umm, Connecticut) minute. Send in the paperwork immediately to get it finalized.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think every UConn fan on the Boneyard, and indeed UConn fans anywhere, would say yes to your "trade" offer in a New York (umm, Connecticut) minute. Send in the paperwork immediately to get it finalized.

I want Gusters BIG time!!! I've still got my fingers crossed.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn isnt going to take some player just because theyre big. Other teams do like one out west with all those girls 6'6 and above. Thats like getting all you can get and throwing them against a wall and hoping one will be good. Just because theyre big doesnt mean they can play big time BB. Gusters would be a good get and we will have to wait and see. We did have Stokes and Dolsen and Stewie and they could all play. We dont need bigs who cant play at the UConn level. Think about it. McCowen was pretty good. Jess Shepard was good. The POY from Iowa was good. Now think about all the bigs sitting the benchs around WCBB that dont play. Then think how many are UConn good? Gusters Geno wants so I will go with her. How many others are there? We just arent taking anybody. I remember hearing about Stewie when she was either 12 or 13 years old. I heard about her from a friend and she was UConn good. I remember hearing about Tina, Janye Appel and Kiah before she went to Rutgers and Danielle Wilson before she verballed down south they were UConn material. The fact is we need bigs who can play at this level. Some of these girls arent that good so they go elsewhere. Geno knows what to look for in a player. He may miss out on some and other that are good may go elsewhere. Right now we have ONO and shes good and gonna be really good. So sit back hold onto your seats and lets see who Geno brings in. It may be Gusters it may be somebody who we dont know. Either way we are in alot better shape then we were a few weeks ago and depending on how fast we develop and depending on approval from the NCAA we are certainly FF bound.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Hannah posted it to her Instagram story over the weekend...

I don't know if you've heard, but we could really use a big... :rolleyes:

Wait . . . . . . we need BIGS ?!?!?!?!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Anything which will get this thread off the top of page 1.
Never have so many said so little about so little.

Indeed. At this point, I regret asking about her. I won’t regret it if she announces for the Huskies, though.

Reaction Score

SOLD!!!!!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Oh, it's all over CNN, Fox, and the BBC. Word is getting out.

I’ve been getting all of my news from the Korean Central News Agency. I wonder what else I’ve been missing. :oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom