Hannah Gusters??? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Hannah Gusters???

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I spoke with people who saw ONO in the 3 on 3 games and said she has WNBA moves. Translate that into she should be pretty good the next 3 years. Will Gusters or some other big come...I think so. I think Geno knows exactly what he's doing thats why he makes over 2 million a year and many of us on the Boneyard dont . There are teams out there with players 6'9 and those kids dont see much playtime. There are teams with several bigs that dont play. So when you see a team with a bunch of bigs understand you only need one or two bigs who can play not more then that because theyre sitting on the bench. For now we have a great roster and great classes coming in the next 2 years. We have potential game changers. Geno doesnt listen to the Boneyard or most other people and look at his record???? Not bad HUH.
I was a little surprised that UConn did not appear to pursue Sidney Cooks, or perhaps they did and she simply wasn’t interested. I’m rationalizing that thought with the hope that Geno has another BIG lined up, maybe a kid out of TX. ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Having lived in the South for a time, one of the things I’ve always found odd is that the variety and quality of ice cream appears to be much better in the North. You would think with the warmer weather in the South, it would be different.

Living in upstate NY now and I love picking up a few individual pints of different flavors from Stewarts, the regional chain that dots every small town in the state. There’s literally nothing like it down South.
You guys keep talking ice cream and Mr. Lactose Intolerant here will leave you all something personal in the Inbox.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I was a little surprised that UConn did not appear to pursue Sidney Cooks, or perhaps they did and she simply wasn’t interested. I’m rationalizing that thought with the hope that Geno has another BIG lined up, maybe a kid out of TX. ;)
I was rationalizing likewise: Cooks IMO would have been slightly duplicative of ONO, with COOKS perhaps the better long range markswoman. Assuming Cooks is not eligible to play immediately she would have overlapped with Liv for Liv's Junior and senior years. Then.... Cooks goes and signs with Mississippi State which kind of blew that theory out of the water.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Very well, then. We are talking about Ms. Gusters, Texas, the Immortality of the Crab (la inmortalidad del cangrejo) and cabbages and kings.

Therefore, without further digressions...

Round Top Ice Cream
On another Main Street about 200 miles away, Round Top (526 Main St., Damariscotta) boasts 40-plus options, including a variation on Maine’s ubiquitous Moose Tracks flavor called Eagle Tracks, chunked out with Oreos and Reese’s peanut butter cups in vanilla ice cream. You’ll find Round Top at a few other local Maine icons like Moody’s Diner in Waldoboro and Red’s Eats in Wiscasset, but to get the full range of flavors, the no-frills shop is the only place to go.

round top ice cream flavors, maine

There’s no neon here, no full menu of savories, just a whole lot of ice cream to choose from. On sunny afternoons, you can slurp al fresco on a back porch that overlooks green pastures so photo-ready as to be a cliché. On rainy days, just stand at the glass door and look out onto the fields.
A word of warning that one cone might not be enough—with honest-to-god real berries in the strawberry ice cream and coconut flecks and full-size roasted almonds in my usual order, Almond Joy, sometimes it’s too hard to narrow it down. Stick with the small size and you might have enough room in your belly to try a second flavor. Or grab a pre-packed flavor from the cooler and bring it home for later.

source: New England's Best Ice Cream

OK. I am biased. Round Top ginger ice cream is incredible. Cinnamon is pretty damned good. Any of their fresh fruit flavors include fresh fruit. For the lactose intollerant, there are some good lobster shacks nearby.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Very well, then. We are talking about Ms. Gusters, Texas, the Immortality of the Crab (la in ortalidad del cangrejo) and cabbages and kings.

Round Top Ice Cream
On another Main Street about 200 miles away, Round Top (526 Main St., Damariscotta) boasts 40-plus options, including a variation on Maine’s ubiquitous Moose Tracks flavor called Eagle Tracks, chunked out with Oreos and Reese’s peanut butter cups in vanilla ice cream. You’ll find Round Top at a few other local Maine icons like Moody’s Diner in Waldoboro and Red’s Eats in Wiscasset, but to get the full range of flavors, the no-frills shop is the only place to go.

There’s no neon here, no full menu of savories, just a whole lot of ice cream to choose from. On sunny afternoons, you can slurp al fresco on a back porch that overlooks green pastures so photo-ready as to be a cliché. On rainy days, just stand at the glass door and look out onto the fields.
A word of warning that one cone might not be enough—with honest-to-god real berries in the strawberry ice cream and coconut flecks and full-size roasted almonds in my usual order, Almond Joy, sometimes it’s too hard to narrow it down. Stick with the small size and you might have enough room in your belly to try a second flavor. Or grab a pre-packed flavor from the cooler and bring it home for later.

OK. I am biased. Round Top ginger ice cream is incredible. Cinnamon is pretty damned good. Any of their fresh fruit flavors include fresh fruit. For the lactose intollerant, there are some good lobster shacks nearby.
Ginger in my Ice cream though? Could I? Think I'd need convincing, hopefully they have those tiny spoons for sampling.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I too am lactose intolerant, but when it comes to ice cream, I tough it out. :rolleyes:
Great. Next time I'm driving through your area I'll know where to tank up. Ever think about going into the hot air balloon business?

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Very well, then. We are talking about Ms. Gusters, Texas, the Immortality of the Crab (la inmortalidad del cangrejo) and cabbages and kings.

Round Top Ice Cream

The only way to eat a lobster roll is on a toasted bun with butter. No salvation for the lactose intolerant there. Please do not bring up that mayonaise abomination. :rolleyes:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I spoke with people who saw ONO in the 3 on 3 games and said she has WNBA moves. Translate that into she should be pretty good the next 3 years. Will Gusters or some other big come...I think so. I think Geno knows exactly what he's doing thats why he makes over 2 million a year and many of us on the Boneyard dont . There are teams out there with players 6'9 and those kids dont see much playtime. There are teams with several bigs that dont play. So when you see a team with a bunch of bigs understand you only need one or two bigs who can play not more then that because theyre sitting on the bench. For now we have a great roster and great classes coming in the next 2 years. We have potential game changers. Geno doesnt listen to the Boneyard or most other people and look at his record???? Not bad HUH.
You must be kidding about Geno and the Boneyard. The only reason he has been so successful and won so many games and championships is that he does read and listen to the Boneyard. I thought everyone knew that.

Reaction Score
Having lived in the South for a time, one of the things I’ve always found odd is that the variety and quality of ice cream appears to be much better in the North. You would think with the warmer weather in the South, it would be different.

Living in upstate NY now and I love picking up a few individual pints of different flavors from Stewarts, the regional chain that dots every small town in the state. There’s literally nothing like it down South.
I don't think dairy cows like the heat in the South, so milk products are less common.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Great. Next time I'm driving through your area I'll know where to tank up. Ever think about going into the hot air balloon business?
:p

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I was rationalizing likewise: Cooks IMO would have been slightly duplicative of ONO, with COOKS perhaps the better long range markswoman. Assuming Cooks is not eligible to play immediately she would have overlapped with Liv for Liv's Junior and senior years. Then.... Cooks goes and signs with Mississippi State which kind of blew that theory out of the water.
Don’t give up on that rationalization just yet. Certainly there would have been less competition for PT in Storrs for Cooks than in Starkville. If Geno did not pursue her, I continue to hope it’s because he believes that he’s got a better option lined up.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
The only way to eat a lobster roll is on a toasted bun with butter. No salvation for the lactose intolerant there. Please do not bring up that mayonaise abomination. :rolleyes:
Lobster roll? I don't recall mentioning a roll. Just stop by Muscongas Bay on your way to the Round Top farm ice cream place and don't fuss about any lactose.
Genuine Maine WBB food requires neither bread nor mayo. ;)

image.jpeg

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

I did find UConn Dairy Bar’s match (high praise) down south in Savannah. Leopold’s Is fabulous. Lines out the door and worth it. Not expensive either and the line moves reasonably fast. Wentworth’s in Hamden not far from Quinnipiac U. isn’t too shabby.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I did find UConn Dairy Bar’s match (high praise) down south in Savannah. Leopold’s Is fabulous. Lines out the door and worth it. Not expensive either and the line moves reasonably fast. Wentworth’s in Hamden not far from Quinnipiac U. isn’t too shabby.
:eek:Dear @cohenzone,
UCONN is in a intense competition to attract a recruit form the state of Texas. For you to suggest alternative quality to the UConn Dairy Bar is not very helpful to this process. Please be mindful of this very slippery slope on which this process resides. Someone might also wrongfully suggest that she could have alternate quality in coaching, facilities, or climate by simply staying within her home state.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Lds
:eek:Dear @cohenzone,
UCONN is in a intense competition to attract a recruit form the state of Texas. For you to suggest alternative quality to the UConn Dairy Bar is not very helpful to this process. Please be mindful of this very slippery slope on which this process resides. Someone might also wrongfully suggest that she could have alternate quality in coaching, facilities, or climate by simply staying within her home state.

I’m actually on the Savannah State women’s hoop payroll. If I push Leopold’s ice cream and it gets us a recruit, I get free double hot fudge sundaes every day for a year. Plenty of playing time available and we need bigs. And littles. And in betweens. And new coaching. And a new recruiter. I’m off to the Uconn Dairy Bar.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

Round Top Ice Cream

What? No sealing wax, or Oysters, or Pegasus the Pig?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hopefully, a trip to the UCONN Dairy Bar sealed the deal. That's the one big advantage we have over the Texas schools. Even if they make their own ice cream at some TX universities, Blue Bell is such an iconic local brand that you never hear about any ice cream made at the schools. It's so good they've survived the negative press from the recall a few years back when they had a listeria contamination.

However, as good as Blue Bell is, it doesn't hold a candle to what you get at the UCONN Dairy Bar...the finest ice cream known to mankind.
Unfortunately, Blue Bell ice cream is in every Texas cafeteria, snack shop, gas station, etc. UConn Dairy Bar is truly the best but Blue Bell is close and with it being so easy to get I suspect Geno closes more with the 11 banners. ;)

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Blue Bell ice cream is in every Texas cafeteria, snack shop, gas station, etc. UConn Dairy Bar is truly the best but Blue Bell is close and with it being so easy to get I suspect Geno closes more with the 11 banners. ;)

Blue Bell is "close" to Uconn Dairy Bar ice cream? If this doesn't get you banned from the Boneyard nothing will.Head bang

Reaction Score
Blue Bell is "close" to Uconn Dairy Bar ice cream? If this doesn't get you banned from the Boneyard nothing will.Head bang

I don't know what Uconn Dairy Bar ice cream is like, but if Blue Bell is anything close to it, I am not impressed, and I live in Blue Bell country.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I don't think dairy cows like the heat in the South, so milk products are less common.
Or maybe it is because the farmers in the South predominantly farmed tobacco until they could no longer do that. Then a lot of them switched to soy beans and other traditional crops.
Now, back to our regular posts...

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Blue Bell is good, but there is no way it compares favorably to what the UCONN Dairy Bar churns out. Some scientist tested UCONN's ice cream and concluded it had the absolute highest butter fat content of any ice cream he had ever tested. Butter fat is what gives ice cream its flavor and texture. The more the better (except for your arteries).

There's a local ice cream place in downtown Wakefield, RI (can't remember the name) that does come remotely close, but I've never had ice cream anywhere else that matches ours.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom