Handicapping the Final Four | The Boneyard

Handicapping the Final Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Ok, here it is, someone had to start it, even the one considered one of the most negative on the board.

You heard it hear: I fancy UCONN's chances: They are playing with a fierceness and determination that will prevail! I'll leave the statistics and detail to others

Go Husky's !

Reaction Score
I would say:
Baylor 40 %
UCONN 30 %
ND 20%
Stanford 10 %

My prediction: UCONN!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'd reverse your final 2, and say Baylor 45, UConn 25, but I like ur prediction and I am a BIG DOG FAN FOR LIFE!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't know much, but Notre Dame and Baylor have been just plain scary during this tournament - I might make UConn the third choice going in.

If they're good enough to get past Notre Dame, I would not mind seeing them go up against Baylor. I have to think that the pressure of an undefeated year eventually starts to climb on Baylor's back....seeing UConn jerseys might help make that happen as well.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't know much, but Notre Dame and Baylor have been just plain scary during this tournament - I might make UConn the third choice going in.

If they're good enough to get past Notre Dame, I would not mind seeing them go up against Baylor. I have to think that the pressure of an undefeated year eventually starts to climb on Baylor's back....seeing UConn jerseys might help make that happen as well.

Ooops a simple country boy weighs in at 250. Tonight we see through a glass darkly. Tomorrow we will see OJ in it. I gotta go watch the UC victory now so just keep weighing in Fishy...been missin you

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
UConn: 98.4%
Baylor: 1.1%
Stanford: 0.3%
Notre Dame: 0.2%

Final Prediction: UConn Huskies will be the National Champions (I try to be accurate to at least +/- one tenth of a percentage point)

Reaction Score
For once, we will be the underdogs heading into the Final 4. The pressure is on Baylor, Stanford, and Notre Dame to win this year because like Kim Mulkey said a couple years ago "You better get me now, because your not gonna get me in the future!".

Reaction Score
I think the Sisters Ogwumike and Stanford will give Baylor a big battle. I really don't think Stanford gets enough credit for being very physical and tough. They made Duke's interior players look like a jr. high team.

I will be disappointed if all 3 games in Denver are not all out wars as the 4 teams have clearly showed there is a huge gap between them intensity wise and in terms of physicality.

Reaction Score
ND 31%
Baylor 29%
UConn 20%
Stanford 20%

All four teams could win the prize, but Notre Dame is the hungriest, most experienced, and clutchest of the four.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Jeff Sagarin's Elo-Chess model has Uconn #4, but his Predictor model has Uconn #1. We'll see which model, if either, is correct.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Baylor 50%
Stanford 25%
Notre Dame 15%
UConn 10%

Reaction Score
For once, we will be the underdogs heading into the Final 4. The pressure is on Baylor, Stanford, and Notre Dame to win this year because like Kim Mulkey said a couple years ago "You better get me now, because your not gonna get me in the future!".

I don't believe any of that pressure stuff. Not for UCONN anyway with all the right mental and strategic preparation Geno, CD and others give our girls.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The pressure is on Baylor and ND. Given that, I see a Stamford/ Uconn final.

Uconn wins in a nail biter!

Reaction Score
I think the Sisters Ogwumike and Stanford will give Baylor a big battle. I really don't think Stanford gets enough credit for being very physical and tough. They made Duke's interior players look like a jr. high team.

I will be disappointed if all 3 games in Denver are not all out wars as the 4 teams have clearly showed there is a huge gap between them intensity wise and in terms of physicality.
As dominating as Baylor is, I see Vanderveer coaching the best game of her career and the O sisters getting Griner in early foul trouble. Stanford takes this one in a squeaker.
In our game, if the refs don't give ND their usual 'flailing yourself into the defense' foul calls, KML steps up with a career game and we take it by 8.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Jeff Sagarin's Elo-Chess model has Uconn #4, but his Predictor model has Uconn #1. We'll see which model, if either, is correct.
And overall, UConn is #2 in Sags. The generally most accurate Predictor has been having a field day during the tournament and got the UConn-UK margin basically exactly (up to +18 postgame). Margins for the other three contests were not predicted as well, as the #2s could not keep the games that close. By Predictor, UConn is +2.5 over ND and Baylor is +5.5 over Stanford.

One element that will of course be of concern for Geno going against ND will be not repeating all the "dumb fouls" he griped about. Cannot give the refs more chances to put ND at the FT line. 14 gimmes in the 1st half again could be deadly.

Reaction Score
I would love to see us play Baylor in the final - BUT first things first need to beat ND - should be close. I love to see the tough competitive games not the blowouts. Can not be afraid of anyone. GO HUSKIES !!!!

Reaction Score
Ok, here it is, someone had to start it, even the one considered one of the most negative on the board.

You heard it hear: I fancy UCONN's chances: They are playing with a fierceness and determination that will prevail! I'll leave the statistics and detail to others

Go Husky's !
Sadly, On paper Uconn, should be the least likely to win this (I hope I'm wrong) They are the only team without a first team All-American (translation - prime time very hard to defend with 1 player, go to player), the shortest bench (depth), and the fewest senior (leadership & experience) They got here, however, playing great team defense (should keep them in the game), and they do have players who if they can overcome their youth can take over a game (KML & Hartley). They shoot foul shots very well, and if they can get hot from behind the arc they will be very hard to play. They may also need help from someone like Kiah, Brianna, or maybe even Heather because ND & Baylor draw a lot of fouls. They have Geno which is an X factor. ND & Baylor should be favorites, but like last year that doesn't always happen.

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to whatever new wrinkles Geno & Company can install in our offense/defense of UConn Huskies vs ND version 4.0.

Reaction Score
OK ...
Baylor .... 7 in 10
Stamford 4 in 10
ND ... 3 in 10
UConn ... 2 in 10
Now if Baylor beats Stamford and UConn beats ND the odds go to
Baylor 6 in 10
UConn 4.5 in 10
Now if Stamford beats Baylor and UConn beats ND
(This is is crazy)
Stamford 5.5 in 10
UConn 5 in 10
In other words dead even ...the key game for UConn is ND...after ND they have a pretty good chance in a "Rebuilding Year" .... after ND it boils down to who out coaches who..???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom