Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No website had DHam getting drafted because no one thought he would leave. I imagine someone will take a second round flyer on him.
Actually time will tell. There were two Hamilton's on UCONN this season. One was
A great prospect. Potential superstar. The other was an inconsistent , over confident , rough around the edges prospect. He may have listened to his Possee rather than to Ollie which is a mistake.

Reaction Score
Can't imagine a team taking him in the first round but who knows. Some team will take take a shot on a 6'7 playmaker who's a willing and good passer, especially in today's NBA. His shot mechanics aren't awful (mostly his footwork is terrible so he's off balance) and some team will figure they can turn him into a reliable 3PT threat, though it's concerning that he didn't really improve between his frosh and soph season.

Ultimately, I figure he'll be a second rounder who's in the D League next season. Wish him the best of luck.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Sad to see him leave but I wasn't surprised. He is going to be a second round pick at best with his lack of speed and shooting ability. I guess he got sick of KO yelling at him.
Well if he jumped to the NBA because of KO yelling at him, he's in for a treat in the Association.

Reaction Score
Very disappointing. While I wish him the best, I just don't see him getting drafted or making it beyond D-league. He was only in the second round projections to start the season, then underperformed throughout the season until he dropped out entirely. I was hoping the success of the AAC run would entice everyone to come back and enjoy something similar in the NCAA tourney. Need a grad transfer and our big men to step up.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be surprised for him to be an UDFA, but he might get a 2nd rd flyer.

Reaction Score
Can't imagine a team taking him in the first round but who knows. Some team will take take a shot on a 6'7 playmaker who's a willing and good passer, especially in today's NBA. His shot mechanics aren't awful (mostly his footwork is terrible so he's off balance) and some team will figure they can turn him into a reliable 3PT threat, though it's concerning that he didn't really improve between his frosh and soph season.

Ultimately, I figure he'll be a second rounder who's in the D League next season. Wish him the best of luck.
FT% is more predictive of the ability to hit the pro 3 than 3-point % at the college level. If Hamilton gets into the right team and they let him develop, he'll end up being an excellent pro.

If not, he'll get to see Europe.

Reaction Score
Some folks won't want to hear this, but this should tell you all you need to know about what Daniel Hamilton thinks of Kevin Ollie's ability to make him a better ball player next year. It's pennywise, pound foolish on the surface, but if you think you're better off learning in the DL (where he'll likely wind up), then so be it.

Reaction Score
Clippers signed his brother last year, and he just signed a 10-day contract for about a million if I'm not mistake. Parents sent four kids to college without paying a dime, maybe he should be hiring a financial advisor instead of or in tandem with this agent!!

You don't make anywhere near a million on a 10-day contract.

Reaction Score
You'd be happy??????????????????
If so - you are a .........
Why is he an a.........? This is Hamilton's decision and a poor one at that. If he fails, he has no one to blame but himself. Stupid decision.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Have seen some mock drafts and he is not appearing on any draft boards. Not sure how you declare after your sophomore season when you are not projected to even be drafted. Coming back for another year would definitely benefit him so for any kid to come out early as a sophomore when you are not projected to be drafted is a very poor decision. Don't know how anyone close to him can support this decision.

Reaction Score
"I've been hearing first round, maybe second round," Hamilton said. "Wherever I get drafted, I'll be OK with it."

I'm hoping for the best for the kid... but it sounds like he's getting some terrible misinformation or we are all fools.

There isn't a chance in hell Daniel Hamilton played his way into the First Round. Does he understand last year 14 players were drafted in those two rounds that never played college ball? I have a hard enough time imagining him being drafted in the second round, let alone the first. He's either delusional, or taking terrible advice: and in that case, he's a fool to follow it.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
shocking, although I guess I shouldn't surprised he'd make such a decision seeing his family's history of decisions

I wish him well, and good luck, because he's going to need it

maybe his brother is happy in Russia, IDK

I only thought one player left too early, Josh Boone, because Calhoun said he wasn't ready

I'm sorry, I don't think Ham is ready, but it's his life to live

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Was Daniel Hamilton the most frustrating player we've had in a while? This decision is equally frustrating.
As frustrating as Drummond? In my mind NO but Drummond is a physical freak
As frustrating as SG? Maybe. I expected so much more from SG and had the same level of expectations for DHam next year - oh well

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Daniel Hamilton declares, putting UConn in bind
2016 NBA Draft: Daniel Hamilton declares, putting UConn in bind

"It's commendable that Hamilton wants to help out his family. There is absolutely money out there for him to make, and he has a right to it. But given the legitimately projectable parts of his game that could lead to a much better chance of a guaranteed contract next season, this might be a bit of a regrettable decision if things don't totally go his way."

Yup.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Why is he an a....? This is Hamilton's decision and a poor one at that. If he fails, he has no one to blame but himself. Stupid decision.
You can say that about any speculative decision
Anyone who says that they won't fell a bit of remorse in this case is an .......................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom