Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
The timing of this has nothing to do with the new rule. To commit so early in the process suggests this decision, right or wrong, was made a while back.
Yeah he's known for a long time if he's making the decision now. Nothing changed in the past few weeks.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
This blows. Can't help but think when reminiscing past husky players he will be way down the ladder.

Reaction Score
Total bummer. Well it certainly creates PT for some guys. Good luck DHam. I hope you find your swagger wherever you land and become a great ambassador for UConn.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I AM SHOCKED
Blindsided - did not see this coming
I was hoping he would work on his game to make sure he would come back, help the team go deep in the 2017 NCAAs and get drafted in 1st round
Unless I am missing something - I see no way he goes in the 1st round, doubt he goes in the second and is counting on a huge signing bonus as a undrafted free agent- what agent is putting crap in this kids head
I love Dham and have been one of his biggest backers on this site, however, I am disappointed in this decision.
I know many will disagree, but if Giffs couldn't sniff the league - at this point of his career, I just don't see it for DHam.
For UConn's sake I hope he didn't screw up in the classroom and this is what is pushing him out.
Good Luck DHam- I really hope you make it

Reaction Score
This is so dumb I have trouble believing it's true. You would think his lifetime goal is to play in the NBA and if he is really signing with an agent now he's pretty much assuring that's not happening. Hoping for our team it's not true but hoping for Daniel's sake even more it's not true, talk about making a bad decision for your future.

Reaction Score
Seems like in recent history, at least since 2010, the team fails to meet high expectations and exceeds the low expectations. Here's to low expectations next year.
Larrier could very well be the real deal. Him and Gilbert give the team completely new makeup. We need a grad transfer badly though , anyone.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
"But after talking it over with my family, I just feel this is the best thing, to provide for my family, help my family out." Sounds like a lot of pressure on him to make his family some money.

Reaction Score
This is so dumb I have trouble believing it's true. You would think his lifetime goal is to play in the NBA and if he is really signing with an agent now he's pretty much assuring that's not happening. Hoping for our team it's not true but hoping for Daniel's sake even more it's not true, talk about making a bad decision for your future.
Amore got a quote from Hamilton saying he's staying in the draft. It's true.

Reaction Score
Maybe he saw what happened to Boat and figured he'd go pro at 20 versus 22. Whatever the case, good luck to him. Was hoping to see him become a great Husky but it's his life.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
The NBA is a great place to improve one's skills. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
There has to be more to this than what we know. KO knows what it takes to make it in the league so you know he wouldn't steer DHam wrong. Either KO told him to go for it (he does have his own NBA connects) or DHam did this for reasons that are still unclear (grades, money, etc).

Reaction Score
Just for the sake of keeping facts straight, can we change the thread name to "DHAM to sign an agent"

Best of luck to him, thought he could have made the wall if he stayed.

Reaction Score
Maybe he saw what happened to Boat and figured he'd go pro at 20 versus 22. Whatever the case, good luck to him. Was hoping to see him become a great Husky but it's his life.
Boat is 5'10 160 lbs., his size is what limited his ceiling. Hamilton is making an enormous mistake, this is sad.

Reaction Score
Holly bejeezy!

Lucy, you have some explaining to do!

Good luck to him. He will make money no doubt. But hard to see it being NBA money next year.

But who am I to judge?

Reaction Score
How can you compare Boat at 5'10 with questionable lead guard skills to DHam? The odds of a player Boats size and talent being drafted is very rare. I wasn't the biggest fan of DHam's game but he was a consistent jumper away from at least putting himself in the conversation, whether that jumper and shot making ability ever comes is anybody's guess at this point tho.

Reaction Score
How can you compare Boat at 5'10 with questionable lead guard skills to DHam? The odds of a player Boats size and talent being drafted is very rare. I wasn't the biggest fan of DHam's game but he was a consistent jumper away from at least putting himself in the conversation, whether that jumper and shot making ability ever comes is anybody's guess at this point tho.
Let's hope he goes to a great coach like Pop or Stevens.

Reaction Score
"But after talking it over with my family, I just feel this is the best thing, to provide for my family, help my family out." Sounds like a lot of pressure on him to make his family some money.
Clippers signed his brother last year, and he just signed a 10-day contract for about a million if I'm not mistake. Parents sent four kids to college without paying a dime, maybe he should be hiring a financial advisor instead of or in tandem with this agent!!

Reaction Score
Let's hope he goes to a great coach like Pop or Stevens.
There's no indication he'll go to any coach. No draft projection from the past six months has him being drafted at all. Just an all-around puzzling decision. Makes you wonder what kind of bad advice he has in his ear. Not a chance in hell KO told him it was his time to go.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If he goes undrafted I won't feel bad for him
You'd be happy??????????????????
If so - you are a ..................................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom