Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's not any of our places to assume his family's financial situation, but it's hard not to look at his brother's multiple years in the NBA and believe this is a matter of providing for his family. It seems like maybe he REALLY wants to get to the pros and/or is receiving some terrible advice from someone outside UConn.

Reaction Score
I love dham but I don't see him sticking in the NBA. He has too much to work on. Anyone think he is a good as Lamb? I don't and it took him time to develop. He may regret this decision.

Reaction Score
There is little to no patience at the next level. DHam doesn't have the handle or the range to make it yet in the NBA and I don't see teams giving him the opportunity to catch on. I wish him luck, but I fear he is D-League bound, Europe league or worse. Unfortunately, this kid had a chance to work his way into a first round pick, as a senior. Coming off of a disappointing Sophomore season, I really don't understand why he is making this move, seems foolish to me. Time to reload, I never thought DHam's game, a semi- perimeter point forward with limited range worked well with our offense. Don't get me wrong, he has a lot of talent and potential, just not polished enough for the NBA, needed some more time to grow. Unfortunately, the NBA execs don't give contracts to those that don't quite have it yet.

C

Chief00

The timing of this has nothing to do with the new rule. To commit so early in the process suggests this decision, right or wrong, was made a while back.

You are whistling by the graveyard. It's the slippery slope that cracks the door open for agents.
I have a history of wishing guys the best when they commit - but this is so likely a wrong decision - and as I had said our APR improvement will suffer - Hamilton is going to be all in - personnel trainers, etc - He is very unlikely going to class. True, Brimah may.
Don't underestimate how Sam Jr leaving impacts the intangible social fabric of this group - Sam was one of a kind - guys really loved being around him - since he was always fun.

Reaction Score
I love dham but I don't see him sticking in the NBA. He has too much to work on. Anyone think he is a good as Lamb? I don't and it took him time to develop. He may regret this decision.
Not nearly the shooter or athlete Lamb is but a much better passer and rebounder, based on their time here respectively

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
DHam has NBA qualities Lamb didn't/doesn't and Lamb has some that DHam doesn't - its basically a wash BUT Lamb can shoot consistently and right now DHam can't - that's what separates the two of them

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It's not like Ollie could hold a gun to his head and say "stay!" Its better he left if he was going to be a malcontent the whole next year.
Need to hear a comment from KO - ASAP

Reaction Score
No website had DHam getting drafted because no one thought he would leave. I imagine someone will take a second round flyer on him.
Generally those draft sites include projections for players regardless of whether they know if they'll be coming out.

Reaction Score
No website had DHam getting drafted because no one thought he would leave. I imagine someone will take a second round flyer on him.
He will get drafted. Next years class is a lot more loaded, and he is a projected to be the 2nd pick in round 2 by: 2017 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

He probably knows this draft class stinks so he may as well give it a shot.

C

Chief00

LOL as usual. DHam jumping had nothing to do with the new rule. It's pretty clear he and his camp have been ready to move on for a while now.

I seen first hand how it's worked for a couple of guys - it's like flipping a switch - bam - overnight a new car - a fancy party and full course dinner at a nice restraurant etc. The momentum is overwhelming - you never quite know what order things come.
In many cases I really felt happy - such as Drummond's situation - he had the NCAA probation coming up - he was such a freak athlete - someone in the lottery was going to scoop him up. DHam on the other hand - I wish him well - but don't believe it will play out better going early.

Reaction Score
image.png
Ill like his decision more if he leaves us in good standing at least. crazy we need to care about the apr stuff too.

Reaction Score
Nope, they don't factor that in.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well that was surprising. I think he would improve his stock with another year at Connecticut, but what do I know.

DHam, wish you the best. Thanks for your time at UConn, I'll be rooting for you to get picked in the first round.

C

Chief00

Just for the sake of keeping facts straight, can we change the thread name to "DHAM to sign an agent"

Best of luck to him, thought he could have made the wall if he stayed.

I would love to bet u it has already effectively happened - rather it's official or not.

Reaction Score
Lamb has a huge advantage in the comparison with hamilton because he actually has a position in the league.

Hamilton is a tweener so it'll be even tougher for him to stick

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I never knock a kid for going pro when it's time, but he's not ready. The D League doesn't need another point forward.

Reaction Score
I think you have to remember that we all assumed he was gone before the year started. Have to think this was the plan all along, seems silly for him to do it a good season could have easily vaulted him back into the first but it's his choice. Wish him luck weather it be in the league or in Europe.

Reaction Score
I dont think he's ready either but when you look at that draft list, it is pretty weak. In other words, he seems to have a great chance of being drafted. I didn't see anyone listed after him who is necessarily better.

Reaction Score
Sad to see him leave but I wasn't surprised. He is going to be a second round pick at best with his lack of speed and shooting ability. I guess he got sick of KO yelling at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom