Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 76 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. Kentucky doesn't have any scholarships left.
2. This makes me question his coach.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He's probably deciding between playing at UConn this year, or committing to play for a different school next year.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The part in that article saying if he does enroll this coming semester he may not play due to lack of prep and potential to hurt his draft stock as a result worries me because it has some merit in my opinion.

Reaction Score
You said homer, right?
WGFA4fB.jpg

pj

Reaction Score
The part in that article saying if he does enroll this coming semester he may not play due to lack of prep and potential to hurt his draft stock as a result worries me because it has some merit in my opinion.

How could playing possibly hurt his draft stock more than not playing because he believes he'll fail on the court and he's scared of exposing his inferiority?

The reality is, the NBA drafts on potential and with his athleticism, the potential will be there. NBA teams will be pleased he challenged himself at a higher level than PSA.

Reaction Score

Where does it say this? I think the journalist may have been clumsy with his writing to hint thus but I didn't see it explicitly said. I could be totally missing something, though.

Reaction Score
How could playing possibly hurt his draft stock more than not playing because he believes he'll fail on the court and he's scared of exposing his inferiority?

The reality is, the NBA drafts on potential and with his athleticism, the potential will be there. NBA teams will be pleased he challenged himself at a higher level than PSA.

Ask Andre Drummond.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Ask Andre Drummond.

Drummond was drafted ninth.

He went lower than projected in the weeks before the draft, but he wasn't going to be a top ten pick coming straight out of high school.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score

I'm not gonna click on that link because I'm anti click bait on principle, but how does that line of thinking make any sense? He's going to enroll at Uconn and then not play? Who on earth could that possibly benefit and why would anyone do that?

Reaction Score
Yeah, that would be really awful to replicate Drummond's experience. Do you think Drummond regrets coming to UConn? I bet he'd do it all over again.

I don't know Andre, so I don't know. He seems to be in a pretty good place right now. But he was the likely #1 pick in the 2013 draft (the weakest draft in history, FWIW)

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'm not gonna click on that link because I'm anti click bait on principle, but how does that line of thinking make any sense? He's going to enroll at Uconn and then not play? Who on earth could that possibly benefit and why would anyone do that?
UCONN is now a tough school to get into. You need strong extracurricular activities as well as grades to get in.....say basketball. Why would he be admitted if he wasn't going to play? So he could kill some time before the draft, earn some college credits and avoid injury? Injuries are as likely to occur playing pickup games with friends as they are in D1 competition. If you love the game, you want to play.

Reaction Score
Drummond was drafted ninth.

He went lower than projected in the weeks before the draft, but he wasn't going to be a top ten pick coming straight out of high school.

Drummond wasn't a top ten pick coming out of high school? Not sure where you're getting that, unless I misunderstood.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that would be really awful to replicate Drummond's experience. Do you think Drummond regrets coming to UConn? I bet he'd do it all over again.

I don't know about that. I heard from an insider that Andre didn't like Travis' strength and conditioning program and wasn't thrilled about Glen Miller's facility tours.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
UCONN is now a tough school to get into. You need strong extracurricular activities as well as grades to get in.....say basketball. Why would he be admitted if he wasn't going to play? So he could kill some time before the draft, earn some college credits and avoid injury? Injuries are as likely to occur playing pickup games with friends as they are in D1 competition. If you love the game, you want to play.

Ok, that still makes no sense. Why would Ollie offer him a scholarship to come hang out on campus for a few months?

Having not read any of those articles, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a moron with an agenda and a keyboard is puking irrelevant thoughts onto the internet

Reaction Score
Ok, that still makes no sense. Why would Ollie offer him a scholarship to come hang out on campus for a few months?

Having not read any of those articles, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a moron with an agenda and a keyboard is puking irrelevant thoughts onto the internet

The only way he commits and doesn't play is if he guarantees KO he'll be here next season when we actually have a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom