Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 143 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I heard we had it locked down a couple of times before and after our visit. Kentucky just sold it and cow has that record bringing kids to the NBA. And he wants to go to the NBA soon
If we had it locked down he never would have visited Kentucky in the first place. Saying UConn had the lead was a way for some people to save their ass. I admit I am spiteful, but I would never let anyone from PSA ever step foot on UConns campus again. Ever.

Reaction Score
In all honesty, is there 1 basketball reason for him to choose us over Kentucky? The only pull we had was his familiarity/proximity and that his friend was on the team. That's it. As a basketball program, 2017 Kentucky is miles ahead of us. The kid has the potential to be a multi-millionaire/NBA all-star. If I was in his shoes, I would have picked UK too.
KY was the easy choice for him in his situation.

I don't know if KY is miles ahead of us though, they aren't really a college program right now. KY is basically just a minor league NBA team where very talented prospects hang out for 9 or so months then leave. I compare UConn to KU, AZ, Mich St, etc.....which we lag behind all of now but are just a year or 2 away from being right there with again hopefully....KY is playing a different game.

Reaction Score
I heard we had it locked down a couple of times before and after our visit. Kentucky just sold it and cow has that record bringing kids to the NBA. And he wants to go to the NBA soon

This is a good point. Meyer surely heard something that weekend at that tournament. Too much smoke to believe all that meant nothing.

Reaction Score
KY was the easy choice for him in his situation.

I don't know if KY is miles ahead of us though, they aren't really a college program right now. KY is basically just a minor league NBA team where very talented prospects hang out for 9 or so months then leave. I compare UConn to KU, AZ, Mich St, etc.....which we lag behind all of now but are just a year or 2 away from being right there with again hopefully....KY is playing a different game.

And that minor league scenario is exactly what 98% of the top guys want. They're not picking a school for their academic programs, co-ed quality, or ice cream selection. They want the fastest, easiest, and most recognizable way to get to the NBA. Kentucky provides that and does it at an incredibly efficient level.

In terms of basketball product, they are much, much better than us right now. They have the most rabid fan base in the country, they play an exciting brand of basketball, they have a hall of fame coach who just may be the greatest recruiter of all time; simply put, they are the "it" school. Look at us right now. We are 5-9, we play absolutely hideous basketball where we are excited to break 60, our conference is a joke, our fan base is fickle and at times apathetic, and our prospects for the future are cloudy.

I can't hate on the kid for doing what is best for his future. I think without question, Kentucky was the best choice for what he wants. Sucks to lose him considering how much time we put in and seemingly how close we were at times, but I would have been more surprised had he committed here.

Reaction Score
Oz is a troll, no? You all really have too much time on your hands if you consider someone posting on a Rivals board as the most keyed into the program, lol.

Reaction Score
Vance and Juwan told me a few months back that he said he was going to Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Oz is a troll, no? You all really have too much time on your hands if you consider someone posting on a Rivals board as the most keyed into the program, lol.
He's friends with Ollie, Boo Willingham and others. He's as plugged in as anyone you will get on these message boards. He didn't have this recruitment wrong. Diallo was considered a part of this team for a long time. He's 18, if he was a grown arse man and did this people would be calling him Fredo.

Reaction Score
He's friends with Ollie, Boo Willingham and others. He's as plugged in as anyone you will get on these message boards. He didn't have this recruitment wrong. Diallo was considered a part of this team for a long time. He's 18, if he was a grown arse man and did this people would be calling him Fredo.

Man I wish JC was still here. I remember when I was his mole.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm going to go eat a Gatorade bar and sing All of the Lights in a locker room to decompress.

If I was a racist internet troll I'd say we got cucked.
We did get 'd

I said it 30 pages ago last week.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Hes no chief

Reaction Score

some interesting quotes in there from the PSA coach. HD clearly didn't confide in him as his recruitment went along.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score

some interesting quotes in there from the PSA coach. HD clearly didn't confide in him as his recruitment went along.

Good to know, he's Fiercely loyal.

Reaction Score
Kentucky is such a hype machine it's actually amazing we could compete with them at this point. For that alone you need to give credit to our staff for competing wire to wire with them. It is what it is I guess. They have the talent every single year but luckily Cal isn't a great X and O's coach so there's that.

Reaction Score
If he redshirts and never ends up playing at UK then he just completely trolled 2 schools and his entire recruiting process was a sham.

C

Chief00

Actually, from what I know, that's a very honest article. He probably made a mistake staying at PSA this year - but he doesn't have great consistency and while he loves the limelight a dude averaging 14-16 points a game ain't going to carry anyone. Maybe he knows he is not ready to be the guy. But; I agree with my Iverson post - practice is a means not an ends for a player who wants to compete. Quite frankly, he was sold a bill of goods.

I don't blame the coaches for investing time but you really need to close and not just be there. I said at the time we lost this one when we couldn't get his butt out on the court against Auburn - I don't care if he was ready or not - a lot of good that time consuming wonderfully designed class schedule is going to do now. It was the wrong focus but well intentioned.

Does Calipari have any idea what classes Hami going to take or does he care? Of course not. It's irrelevant.

Let's not beat ourselves up - just unlearn some mistakes and don't repeat them.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
What's the plan to get him to the next level at UK? No, seriously? Is it just have him play with a completely different team than they have now? With a bunch of unproven players?

If he thinks he will be seen more at UK he's lost. Scouts would have seen him regardless of where he went. He could have gone to Central and gone in the lottery.

Let's get Bamba and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32