hami breakdowns the 6 schools recruiting him | Page 2 | The Boneyard

hami breakdowns the 6 schools recruiting him

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The fact that Hamidou is the only non-UConn player to be followed by the UConn Men's BBall official twitter account makes me think he possibly gave a silent wink and nod. I know it's just social media, but there's got to be something there.
But again, with this recruiting stuff, who knows what he's really thinking.

Reaction Score
Zagoria does seem to like Kentucky for some reason. Anything Calipari or Kentucky does he writes about, even though he works for a New York City based regional network. Maybe he thinks he gets more hits to his blog if he writes about Kentucky. Husky99, ask him some time why he loves Kentucky so much. I'd be curious to see what he says.

Reaction Score
I used to follow recruiting pretty closely, but I kind of lost interest over the past couple years. I know who UConn is after just by social media and reading the boneyard, but I try to just worry about our future rosters when the kids finally commit. Im done with getting upset if a kid chooses another school over UConn. With all that said, Diallo seems like a game changer and I think that would be huge if the staff can prove themselves to out recruit UK and actually land this kid. The program needs a big time recruit.

C

Chief00

The thing that interest me was the comment that his family was up at Cuse now.

Reaction Score
We all want him even for 1 year but great conferences, schedules playing ranked teams, tv exposure, even coaches. This is very tough to compete with.

Nickiiiv

NICKIIIV
Reaction Score
He wont end up at UK, I am a student there and have several classes with some players and when they do attend class I've asked them about Hami, and per a player who's extremely close to Cal ( Practically his son ;) ) They continue to push just for the sake of building the class and swaying his mind on becoming the next GREAT UK guard. HD loves the Kentucky Fan base, but wants to remain close to home if he goes the college rout. My percentage based opinion is NBA 70% Uconn 30%.

Reaction Score
Zagoria does seem to like Kentucky for some reason. Anything Calipari or Kentucky does he writes about, even though he works for a New York City based regional network. Maybe he thinks he gets more hits to his blog if he writes about Kentucky. Husky99, ask him some time why he loves Kentucky so much. I'd be curious to see what he says.
Here's a perfect example.

At Kentucky, 'Worried' Calipari Anxious to Get Camp Cal Going | Zagsblog

Zagoria doesn't seem to write these articles about other top 10 teams.

Look at the front page of Zags Blog.

Home | Zagsblog

The two articles prominently displayed in bold headlines have the word "Kentucky". I have no idea why his has a love affair with Kentucky.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
It's really not at all beyond the scope of Calipari to pay members of the media for favorable publications. When it comes to perception and controlling the media discussion Cal is truly the grand master and no one comes close. This type of manipulation happens in every single industry, to think it doesn't happen at big time college sports, especially when it's perfectly legal and within NCAA laws to do so, is foolish.

Reaction Score
It's really not at all beyond the scope of Calipari to pay members of the media for favorable publications. When it comes to perception and controlling the media discussion Cal is truly the grand master and no one comes close. This type of manipulation happens in every single industry, to think it doesn't happen at big time college sports, especially when it's perfectly legal and within NCAA laws to do so, is foolish.

Sorry that's not exactly a "master" others just elect to be more ethical and take the high road. And Zags, well he's just drawn into the guys brown hole like a puppy.

Reaction Score
Zags still thinks he is the first with a scoop that hami could head to the nba, it was really laughable. him going pro had been discussed in abundance here all summer, when he didn't reclassify it was 100% a major discussion point.

I also don't get him leaving out the uconn quote, just a sorry ass troll move. maybe ollie doesn't mess with him

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Sorry that's not exactly a "master" others just elect to be more ethical and take the high road. And Zags, well he's just drawn into the guys brown hole like a puppy.
In a world of fake Facebook news that's filled with advertising what is unethical about having a sports blogger who gets paid to write about sports, to write more about your team when you know if directly helps your programs? Bottom line? I'd say it's more savvy business, unfair? Sure, unethical no.

Reaction Score
In a world of fake Facebook news that's filled with advertising what is unethical about having a sports blogger who gets paid to write about sports, to write more about your team when you know if directly helps your programs? Bottom line? I'd say it's more savvy business, unfair? Sure, unethical no.

If you're good then why do you need to pay someone to write what you want them to write? I don't get that premise. He's supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread among the recruits, I mean he can get whomever he wants and no one says no if he wants them why does he have to give 10K to Zags to tell people more? I'm good with your thought on may be not being unethical, but is slimey ok then?

BUConn10

Reaction Score
If you're good then why do you need to pay someone to write what you want them to write? I don't get that premise. He's supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread among the recruits, I mean he can get whomever he wants and no one says no if he wants them why does he have to give 10K to Zags to tell people more? I'm good with your thought on may be not being unethical, but is slimey ok then?
He's the best at recruiting because of s*** like this. You think, excuse my bluntness but, urban black kids who he is recruiting dreamed of leaving home to go live in the heart of Kentucky for a year surrounded by toothless hicks? No way, they go there because they get the most attention, they have the best resume for getting guys drafted, they dont spare any expense on their basketball players, and they have a fan base that will pay anything, and anyone to come to their program and make it stronger. BBN is in itself a part of Cal's recruiting juggernaut, and its now the internet age.

Reaction Score
He's the best at recruiting because of s*** like this. You think, excuse my bluntness but, urban black kids who he is recruiting dreamed of leaving home to go live in the heart of Kentucky for a year surrounded by toothless hicks? No way, they go there because they get the most attention, they have the best resume for getting guys drafted, they dont spare any expense on their basketball players, and they have a fan base that will pay anything, and anyone to come to their program and make it stronger. BBN is in itself a part of Cal's recruiting juggernaut, and its now the internet age.

He's good because he's at Kentucky he couldn't do what he's doing to this extent at Memphis or UAss. Now he is a good recruiter always has been but at Kentucky he's on top. But he's not clean period, never can tell me he is or ever will be. He's creative I'm sure we will never know, but he's slime. And while he's a good coach he's not great and kids arent' walking out of there with NBA contracts because of him. It's because they're good enough already - Monk could go to IUPUI and be whatever draft choice he is at UK. The NBA scouts know what they want, they're just happy some guy gets the best players in one spot so they can travel less.

Reaction Score
A couple people have brought up the possibility that PERHAPS Zags covers UK so much is because it gives him a lot of clicks. Guys, it is unbelievably obvious that this is the case.

Reaction Score
A couple people have brought up the possibility that PERHAPS Zags covers UK so much is because it gives him a lot of clicks. Guys, it is unbelievably obvious that this is the case.
I would think clicks, and also because UK is constantly in on so many name recruits.

If he covers them more favorably, it increases his chances of getting more info from people on Kentucky's payroll. It could be something as simple as that.

But how anyone can take this guy's "reporting" seriously is beyond me.

Reaction Score
Oh no, not this again!!!!

I'm not sure how you can be an active member of this board and miss the half dozen times you have broken this down. You have a lot of patience.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how you can be an active member of this board and miss the half dozen times you have broken this down. You have a lot of patience.

In fairness, if he's talking about Kentucky only, it is true that no other school save Duke can compete with that.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Its funny that people can simplify the concept of "TV exposure" down to a simple count of how many games we have shown on ESPN/CBS.

I guess that would mean that The Big Bang Theory and whatever new show CBS is about to cancel get the same "TV exposure" right? Both shows have one weekly slot for their new episodes, or is it that one show has way more eyeballs on it? Are people tuning in to see UConn vs Memphis just because its on ESPN2 while Duke-Virginia is on ESPN? The answer is no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom